WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: ISOrd & ISOrcery Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:25am
Update on 74

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 3:40am
The collab is going really amazing everyone, not only the speed but the quality is as never seen before. Reo's spectacular palette has a big impact, theme must have a small role, too. But I also feel the new profile trophies must be motivating, as well, and that is so cool. I'd like to talk a little bit about those & why there are two trophies. I mean, of course the silver one is meant to attract people to participate; and the gold one is meant to reward that person (or people) that appeared and fueled every collab by making a lot of tiles, always keeping the collab active, giving people inspiration and sometimes c&c, etc. I'll call that person/people V.A.P. (very active participant). In the current collab however, quite a lot of people are that active (and that is AWESOME and honestly creates an even better collab spirit & artistic beauty than the ones that were fueled by one or two people) and the intention was never to give one V.A.P. the edge over other V.A.P.s by one or two tiles. Surely multiple people can earn the trophy (by drawing the same amount of tiles) but due to the nature of the collab layout, it takes some clever planning to go beyond, say, 15 tiles (by choosing tiles that are not neighboring eachother) and this is something I definitely don't want to encourage. Everybody should be encouraged to choose tiles that gives them inspiration, not ones that are cleverly laid out.

Anyways, I won't change the rules of the collab itself at this point, so I'm trying to think of an even better way to use the gold trophy, without making it too easy and not-so-special. So in addition to the normal rule (making the most tiles) if multiple people reaches or surpasses 13 tiles in a single collab, everyone that does so, will get the gold trophy (and it will go retroactively as necessary). I know very well that 13 is not an easily achievable number even by some of you at this point, but well, it's necessary to keep it special and encouraging. Also this in no way means anyone is supposed to stop at 13 tiles. Thanks for reading and happy collabbing!
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 5:56am
Finished #86:

Now, there's some space in the grass that I filled with texture for now, but if whoever that does #79 want to make something that extends into the grass area without touching Dread Pirate Roberts I can definitely help out with that. Also @Cammymoop if you want any help near the edge of your tile. The cliff extends a little into your tile too.

@Krugelix & @gawrone: Good guess Krugelix, but Zorro isn't medieval. ;) gawrone called it! Happy you noticed the left hand detail too!

@Gecimen & @gawrone: Really bautiful collab you two are doing. Love the little details in the architecture and the snake. And the flute playing mermaid that joined mine!

@vierbit: Absolutely stunning tile. You've masterfully used this palette. So fun to see you join the collab too!

Can I claim #95, please?
IP IP Logged
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 6:06am
Thank you Geciman for all the hard work you do! I guess i wont get a trophy, but the experience i get by just looking at every pixel in this collab (and the previous ones) and getting superb critics and comments are worth every minute i spend into this.

Can I give #82 a try. :)

@Mirre: The mermaid with the two tails reminds me of starbucks.

A Idea for #48 and #56: a balloon. First ballons started 1783 and therefor its "modern history" but maybe its not that strict?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 6:33am
@Mirre, surely.

@Krugelix, everyone will get one of the new trophies.

Maybe its just me but I think a flying carpet is much more suitable than a hot air balloon. We will eventually make a 1500-1800 AD (RenaISOnce) collab. :)
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:01pm
A small update on Tile 6

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:34pm
@Gecimen thank you for solving this in such brilliant manner. This is a great relief for everyone who want's to be a super-contributor but also want that to be reflected with the apropriate trophy. We don't have to compete and race eachother, and we can focus on the quality of the collab even more.

I also noticed that problem "I want to do this tile, but then I will be blocked from doing few more there so I need to chose diferent one". Now there is no such thing :)

The division between a group of contributors and a group of super-contributors is much better than contributors and one top-contributor. I thought about it and number 13 is both achievable without over-strategizing things but high enough to be a valuable achievement. And also, if someone will still be interested in marathon, always can get a shot on beating a record in many future collabs (I think it isn't possible in this one becasue of so many highly active artists).

Thank you for being such a great "modivator" :P

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:48pm
@Mirre, it turned out full of usual greatness. I hope that you are still on that Bosch underground. Excited to see. I have one tiny request. Could you add a part of the sand on top? The collab could get an useful and representative destert biome for us to play with :)

Beside all the inspiration we could find in 1001 nights and related material, desert would also be great for Conan and Game of Thrones, and I refuse to leave this collab without those two

@Krugelix, so glad that you joined our mini-collab. Gecimen chose a great example picture. It has many inspiring ornaments on all sides but also fits incredibly to Reo's palette. Hope you will have as much fun as I did.

@cjlm123. dude, that statue rocks! I will fix the first step from my tile later, so it fits both size and colour.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:18pm
@cjlm123: this is becoming a really amazing tile!
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:28pm
Thanks guys :)

Another update:

It's going to be very annoying figuring out the transparent bits wrt other tiles for the final crop.

I'd like to add some more characters, someone suggested WHFB lizardmen, but I'm not sure where to do that. . any ideas? perhaps a lizard priest peaking out of the temple?

Update: calling it done, I think any lizard men will have to go on the opposite side of the pyramid.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:59pm
@cjlm123 fantastic! The subtle sacrificed person carries the theme enough.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 3:00pm
May I take 79?
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 3:14pm
That blood trail looks amazing! I will do slight adjustments to my edge soon.
IP IP Logged
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by cjlm123

Thanks guys :)
Update: calling it done, I think any lizard men will have to go on the opposite side of the pyramid.

Wow, thats so fantastic! I really love it.
I'll update my Tile accordingly to your steps of the pyramid. It look much better.

Until then a WIP for #82.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 3:35pm
@Krugelix, note the sunlight direction of the collab is from the East. In that sense, right side of the building should be a lighter color overall.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 4:31pm
WIP of 79.

I want to add a rider/knight being flung from the horse.

IP IP Logged
Cammymoop
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Cammymoop Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2021 at 5:05pm
Another wip of 78. I'll have fun doing the grass later :>

IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 3:40am
#83 wip gawain and the green knight

IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 3:52am
79 is done I think

Bonus unoccluded fallen knight:
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 3:56am
Originally posted by jeremy

#83 wip gawain and the green knight

@jeremy this is amazing. The concept and the atmosphere.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 4:37am
I assume 98 is the most coveted tile at this point?
Has someone already claimed for it, or it goes up for grabs as soon as Jeremy is finished with 83?
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 5:12am

I assume 98 is the most coveted tile at this point?
Has someone already claimed for it, or it goes up for grabs as soon as Jeremy is finished with 83?

Mirre already volunteered to make gummi bears in there. This would fulfill the cartoon corners challenge :) At this point I think it would be better to have desert in there so the desert area don't close in just few tiles becasue it would look strange. Aladdin is what already came to my mind to check all the boxes. I've never done a corner tile before, but if it is so desired I will wait for my chance in the future collabs.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 5:16am
Maybe try to draw at least a saddle. Knight probably wouldn't try to ride an unsaddled horse. Too bad the knight is covered. Such a great sprite.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Online
Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 6:09am
@cjlm: I have a very though time reading the obstructed knight, I think some clearer indication of feet would go a long way. Nice tile other than that, gives me an idea for 71 :)

The jungle tile is superb!

@Jeremy: Oooh! Looking nice, nice to see the Arthurian theme continue from my tile! I considered doing the maiden of the lake there at one point

Love the new desert area going wonderful! Great teamwork <3
IP IP Logged
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 6:26am
Here is the Update for #14. I hope it fits better to cjlm123 tile.

-----

Originally posted by Gecimen

Maybe its just me but I think a flying carpet is much more suitable than a hot air balloon. We will eventually make a 1500-1800 AD (RenaISOnce) collab. :)

Yes, you are right. I thihk i can do that :) But first i got to finish #83

Originally posted by gawrone

@Krugelix, so glad that you joined our mini-collab. Gecimen chose a great example picture. It has many inspiring ornaments on all sides but also fits incredibly to Reo's palette. Hope you will have as much fun as I did.

Thank you. I hope i can fulfill the expectations.

Here is the Update on #83. What do you think, could i improve something? (of course i can) :)

@Krugelix, note the sunlight direction of the collab is from the East. In that sense, right side of the building should be a lighter color overall.

Thank you. I had a reference, but it was at night, so i got confuse with the colors. I hope its better this way:

I'm not relly shure about Jasmine's arms. Any recomendations?

@jeremey: Looks already fantastic. If i can adjust my tile a bit to help you, just let me know. I'll do my best.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 7:01am
@cjlm123: great tile but I agree about the saddle, not mandatory of course.

@Krugelix; much better. I added the tile on master image but feel free to update it further.

@Jeremy; finally much needed Arthurian tile.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 8:03am
Okay, I'll try to add a saddle, and maybe change the cliff so there's room for the whole knight.

Better?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 8:34am

Okay, I'll try to add a saddle, and maybe change the cliff so there's room for the whole knight.

Better?

much better!
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Krugelix

I'm not relly shure about Jasmine's arms. Any recomendations?

Great! Thanks to you we already have Aladdin started. So it might leave 98 free for other cartoon :)

I think arms are to short and I can't see the hands. If you have the princess in separate layer, try to move her up one or two px. This will give you space for adding heands resting on the balcony.

Also, try to reduce the black colour of the balcony outline behind her head. Use dark blue and brown there as much you can so it will go into background mode, and not confuse with her. Leave the black for her hair only in that area, as much as it is possible..
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 1:08pm
@Krugelix: Fantastic Aladdin tile! It's so easy to recognise Jasmine and Iago. I think Iago could benefit from a slightly lighter outline (like dark blue or grey) on the side where the light source comes from. Where you made the wall lighter where the light source comes from make it look very good. Maybe make Jasmine's arms a little longer? She could be reaching for the lamp with her left arm, behind her hair. What's the thing behind her neck?

@gawrone: I understand you'd like more desert, but the corner tile is massive, so I'm sure I could make a nice transition from desert to forest and Gummi Bears if I get to work on that. But I mean if you all think that you'd rather have something else there, then I'd prefer to make the Gummi Bears in #95 instead of there. I need a side or corner to pull of my idea with it (Gummi Bears tree/base both from the top and view underground with the quick tunnels).
I'm working on #95 now and can totally add some sand at the top there too. I started with a Bosch underground, hellscape theme. But also some of the paradise stuff above ground.
I also don't want to be greedy with side tiles, so I could give #95 up for #98 or vice versa.

@cjlm123: Love the new tile with the knight that has fallen off their horse! Funny! Maybe you could add something to the grassy area as well? Like a treasure chest or a character. #59 could still benefit from a character or something happening other than just nature. :)

@jeremy: Really fantastic start of the Arthurian tile. It's just what we needed and connects so nicely with Reo's tile.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Mirre

@gawrone: I understand you'd like more desert, but the corner tile is massive, so I'm sure I could make a nice transition from desert to forest and Gummi Bears if I get to work on that. But I mean if you all think that you'd rather have something else there, then I'd prefer to make the Gummi Bears in #95 instead of there. I need a side or corner to pull of my idea with it (Gummi Bears tree/base both from the top and view underground with the quick tunnels).
I'm working on #95 now and can totally add some sand at the top there too. I started with a Bosch underground, hellscape theme. But also some of the paradise stuff above ground.
I also don't want to be greedy with side tiles, so I could give #95 up for #98 or vice versa.

Yes, tile is massive and your idea to go smoothly from desert to gummi forest is perfect. As I said, Krugelix already started Aladdin and probably 2 tiles will be enough. Please be greedy and take both, since you already have em planned so well.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 2:00pm
Haha, I'll try to add something to that tile, i just don't have any good ideas.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 4:11pm
#34 is done

I tried to fit themes from my list to this tile but nothing else worked out. Yes I know that I wanted Dark Souls near the gothic tower, but it didn't worked out as I expected - not much place. So this way Dark Souls has a proper representation.

@Reo, sorry that I asked you to paint the knight by the bonfire and changed my mind later, but I really didn't plan it that way. I don't know how far you are with your tile, but if it is still possible and useful, you can drop that mini collab idea and use your whole tile for your idea only as much as you wish.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2021 at 4:24pm
I have two ideas for Game of Thrones:

1) #40 -m the cathedral'ish building has a small tower on the corner with a window. Scene of Jamie Lannister pushing Bran Stark out of the window. I can do this one, tile is avaivable for me.

2) Mini-collab on #64 and #57 maybe or piece of #72. Scene of Ned Stark decapitation.

Let me know which one is better, or if you have other ideas for those areas.
IP IP Logged
SeDiceBisonte
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote SeDiceBisonte Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 3:24am
Wow, there has been so much amazing work this week! I'm afraid of mentioning anything specific in case I miss someone out (I realized I already forgot to say how great your mermaid is last time I commented, Mirre), but literally everything meets a really high standard.

I was already slow but I've been back at work so I haven't posted a final tile 49 yet, but I'm aiming to finish it off today.

EDIT:

Well, here it is. Calling this finished!

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 5:36am
In a meantime I'll grab #87 for Conan.

@Mirre, could you show me a piece of your top only, so we could arrange things? :)
IP IP Logged
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Mirre

@Krugelix: Fantastic Aladdin tile! It's so easy to recognise Jasmine and Iago. I think Iago could benefit from a slightly lighter outline (like dark blue or grey) on the side where the light source comes from. Where you made the wall lighter where the light source comes from make it look very good. Maybe make Jasmine's arms a little longer? She could be reaching for the lamp with her left arm, behind her hair. What's the thing behind her neck?

Originally posted by gawrone

Also, try to reduce the black colour of the balcony outline behind her head. Use dark blue and brown there as much you can so it will go into background mode, and not confuse with her. Leave the black for her hair only in that area, as much as it is possible..

Thanks for your help. I tried to follow your guidelines. And it seems better. I'm really happy to be part of this collab once more!

I already had Aladdin ready, but he didnt fit.

@SeDiceBisonte: i Really like your tile. You pictured the construction and architecture very well. I like that there is a view inside :) Keep up the good work!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 8:47am
@gawrone; nice tile! That's Mandalorian on top, right?

@Sedicebisonte; adapting the cracked roof to brick design helped a lot!

@Krugelix, this ended up nicely, good job!
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Online
Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 9:35am

WIP for 10! Lady Godiva and gonna try to include some cameos in the crowd.

@Gawrone: I would still have to include the balcony right? I don't mind putting the knight there as long as the balcony is still in the picture.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Reo

WIP for 10! Lady Godiva and gonna try to include some cameos in the crowd.

@Gawrone: I would still have to include the balcony right? I don't mind putting the knight there as long as the balcony is still in the picture.

I love that Collier painting. I pretty much see where you got your palette inspiration :P

If you can arrange everything you need than let's keep it. It you definately need more space I would have to get rid of it entirely, and do a significant edit of my background. Other solution is to make it smaller, with ballustrade on my tile, but that would require @cjlm123 to make a small edit #18 too (piece of that balustrade in left tip).
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 10:02am

@gawrone; nice tile! That's Mandalorian on top, right?

Close ;) but no.
The tile contains:

Solaire of Astora performing Praise the Sun gesture,
Siegmeyer of Catarina or Siegward of Catarina,
a Mimic monster,
the giant crow which is just called the Giant Crow,
and floor messages from other players.
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 2:56pm
I love the Dark Souls references!

May I claim 75?

Edit:

WIP

@Krugelix

Maybe we can split Aladdin on the carpet across our two tiles?
IP IP Logged
Sazdx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Sazdx Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 4:24pm
Some more progress for Tile #76 :D!

I'm struggling with the creature and I'm considering making it a Harpy just because of the space but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? :'D
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Sazdx

Some more progress for Tile #76 :D!

I'm struggling with the creature and I'm considering making it a Harpy just because of the space but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? :'D

Harpy would be woderful! Make her colourful like these:

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 12:24am

I love the Dark Souls references!

May I claim 75?

Edit:

WIP

Glad you liked DS stuff. Your tile gives me a vibe of silt strider transportation method from Morrowind. I don't know if you played the game, and not sure if it would fit there.

IP IP Logged
ThrillhouseSSB
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote ThrillhouseSSB Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Reo

@Thrillhouse that looks brilliant so far, very readable sprites! I'd say don't be afraid to run the river down to the tiles below if Fishy returns they can adapt to it.

@Mirre: The Disenchantment tile is perfectly balanced in terms of details and readability. Masterclass!

Thanks Reo!
Yeah I started working on this one before I knew whether Fishy was inactive or not, maybe I will continue the river to the edge. Anyway here's an update on my tile, still a fair bit to go.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 3:19am
@Thrillhouse: cutting that foilage with a 45 degree line makes the borders of your tile too visible. Try to make them more irregular.

Willing to call #88 done:

IP IP Logged
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 7:30am

@Krugelix
Maybe we can split Aladdin on the carpet across our two tiles?

Yes of course. Here is the Update vor #83

If you need the whole Aladdin, feel free to grab what you need, but i'm shure you can do better then me.

Maybe you can also finish the halfmoon on top of the tower. just a few pixels :)

May i give #96 a try?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Krugelix

May i give #96 a try?

Sure thing, I guess you're ready for a border tile :) Reserving it for you.
But still, it would be wise to wait for Mirre before you go forward. Whatever she makes will wildly change your tile.
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2021 at 12:16pm

Touched up the house a bit, finished the top part of the structure on the left. Honestly though idk about the outline idea, tried a black one and it looked strange. Think it might be better off like this, haha.
Gonna work on that tree next and try to sort the surroundings out. I'll add Gargamel last as that's the simplest operation.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version