WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: ISOrd & ISOrcery Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Online Status: Offline
Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2021 at 3:27pm

Progress! This is looking real dirty lol. Just laying these down for the time, and I'll polish them up after.
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2021 at 3:55pm
Still kind of struggling to figure out what I want to fill the empty space but figured I should post an update to my WIP since it's been a while.

IP IP Logged
ThrillhouseSSB
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote ThrillhouseSSB Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2021 at 5:14pm

Hey everyone,
Here's a WIP for Tile 70. Still yet to do any ground texture and most of the shadows. I hope everything so far is readable. Any feedback is welcome :)
IP IP Logged
Gen_void
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gen_void Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2021 at 8:23pm
Ok, i cleaned as much as a possible. Would you consider it done?
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Esven

Still kind of struggling to figure out what I want to fill the empty space but figured I should post an update to my WIP since it's been a while.

I was gonna wait to post until you're done hah. But if you're having trouble coming up with what to fill the area with my plan for the neighboring tile is a tribute to Peter Bruegel the elder's classic "harvesters".

So I started it before and was holding it til' your edge was finished, since I still haven't claimed it! I was thinking worst case if someone gets it before me I can just put it somewhere else :)

But one idea could be more farmers? Or piles of chopped wood? Or some medieval gardener? Its pretty fun to search for references in old paintings and try to translate it into iso.

Feel free to ignore it, but I thought it might spark something!

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:38am
Woke up to find so much new art!

Eggy: Seems like it's going to be some historically acurate hut. Nice!

Esven: Your idea to put it above the ground blew me away. I was imagining just one or two floor fortification wall but this is waaaaaay cooler!

ThrillhouseSSB: HE TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE! I was waiting for the Dragonborn! Looks great.

Gen_void: It looks pretty much done in my opinion. I would have only two final, but minior nitpicks.

1) The green on the orb is doing great as moss but when you use the same colour for the bright and shaded part it breaks the whole 3d effect. If there is no darker green in the palette to use for that, try few colours and check what looks better. In my opinion the middle blue (the dark one but not the darkest one) might do the trick. Colours when shaded often tend to not only become darker but also swich hue to colder, so green becoming blue would be alright. If you don't like that the other solution would be to use that grenn only on the shaded part, and only bright green on the bright part.

2) After many edits you've lost control over your palette. You have 53 different colours now! That includes around 8 almost identical browns. You will have to download the palette file from the first page and replace all the similar colours with the right ones. That is not a big deal, but if you can do it, you will save Gecimen from additional work. And keep that in mind in the future :)

But overall, yeah, you should be proud of the work you did on your first tile.

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:46am
Reo!!! Don't you ever ninja me with Bruegel! I might get heart attack. I love Bruegel! I could't imagine giving justice to such amazing paintwork on such small pixel canvas, and you made a masterpiece! All those character poses are incredible. The bent woman! The people resting on the tree! How dare you complement my spritework and then post something beautiful like this! :O
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:00am
Originally posted by gawrone

Reo!!! Don't you ever ninja me with Bruegel! I might get heart attack. I love Bruegel! I could't imagine giving justice to such amazing paintwork on such small pixel canvas, and you made a masterpiece! All those character poses are incredible. The bent woman! The people resting on the tree! How dare you complement my spritework and then post something beautiful like this! :O

Haha thank you Gawrone! I forget to comment on your fixes, I think the Geralt sprite is very elegant in execution! <3

Another piece that I'd love to do as a mini-collab somewhere down the line would be the works of Hieronymous Bosch. Like an infernal where's Waldo, perfect for isometric pixel art!

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Reo

Haha thank you Gawrone! I forget to comment on your fixes, I think the Geralt sprite is very elegant in execution! <3

Another piece that I'd love to do as a mini-collab somewhere down the line would be the works of Hieronymous Bosch. Like an infernal where's Waldo, perfect for isometric pixel art!

I also was having plans for Bosch - exactly the same piece (wanted to do the human eating bird monster on the throne :) So please sign me in on the collab!

EDIT: Maybe we can position that on the bottom part of the whole image and make an underground area there - similar to previous collabs.
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 2:42am
@Reo yeah I'm not struggling with a lack of ideas, more what I have tried so far I've been very unhappy with or doesn't quite fit in the space. The good news is I have plenty of assets for future tiles.

Interesting that you bring up Peter Bruegel. The red roofed white walled buildings and wheat field in my first tile were originally intended to be a light reference to Vincent Van Gogh's Harvest at La Crau. At least that's where a drew a lot of inspiration for it from.

It's not the medieval period technically but gives a very similar feeling.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 2:55am
@Esven; it's coming along great tbh. You don't need to make a point of interest within every tile but perhaps a broken cart (or a working one) would add a lot to the atmosphere.

@Reo is that for #26? If so I can book it for you as soon as Esven is done.

@Thrillhouse; it's coming along great!

@Genvoid, the legs of the demon are not isometric so looks a bit weird. You can check the knee levels with a 2x1 line. Of course don't bend the legs like paper, they need some more volume.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 3:38am
@Gecimen: Sure! I didn't want to cut in line.

@Esven: I see! That is interesting, I guess they both painted the same dutch landscapes just a few centuries apart :)

I've also got a bunch of reject characters that I'm waiting to pop into future tiles. I agree with Geci that your tile is already going great.

@Gawron: That would be cool, I agree the bottom would be very suitable!
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 4:00am
@Reo and @gawrone: I also had plans for a Bosch tile! I'd love to be in on a collab. :D
IP IP Logged
Gen_void
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gen_void Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 6:30am
Ok i will try that shading! I was in doubt so i only left the dark moss as green only.

And the 53 color i don’t know where you find that out, but i color pick the colors of the official pallete only. So it has only the 14 colors, but you saying it like that make me doubtful to what could have happen.
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 9:32am
I tried a lot of different ideas but one I kept coming back to was two kobolds in a trench coat. This was the first idea I tried and I wasn't really happy with it, and I'm still not, but I haven't been able to really do anything better with the space despite a lot of trying. Unless anyone has feedback I'll probably leave it here.

I was tempted to shift things around to match Reo's work better but I couldn't really get it to a place I was happy with and I've been fiddling with everything too much as is.

IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 9:50am

Here is a the basic outline I was working from for the tower/wall in case it ends up being helpful for neighboring tiles.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 9:58am

I tried a lot of different ideas but one I kept coming back to was two kobolds in a trench coat. This was the first idea I tried and I wasn't really happy with it, and I'm still not, but I haven't been able to really do anything better with the space despite a lot of trying. Unless anyone has feedback I'll probably leave it here.

I was tempted to shift things around to match Reo's work better but I couldn't really get it to a place I was happy with and I've been fiddling with everything too much as is.

Seems great to me!

@Reo; reserving 26 for you.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Gen_void

Ok, i cleaned as much as a possible. Would you consider it done?

Check this:

http://yanrishatum.ru/pj/?input=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F5fuzBgu.png
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:22am

Here is a the basic outline I was working from for the tower/wall in case it ends up being helpful for neighboring tiles.

Dear Esven, you didn't have to draw this for others, but you did probably becasue you are an amazing human(shark) being who makes amazing tiles. You made the tower look awesome by doubling it's height and you added awesome double kobold tower.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:17am

@Gecimen: Thank you! It is done!

@Esven: Cute!
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:39pm
I cleaned up the neighboring edge to hopefully transition a little more smoothly into Reo's tile. Sorry didn't mean to leave you such an extremely hard edge to blend and I love your tile way too much to not try and help it shine if I can.

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:21pm
Done

@Mirre, the waterfall will be changed to fit your tile, when you are done.

I would like to pick 84 next.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:36pm
Amazing tiles Reo and Gawrone!
IP IP Logged
Gen_void
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gen_void Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 2:10pm
That tool is wonderful! thanks gawrone! i fixed it, it only appears to be the oficcial 14 colors plus the transparency now! solved!

And Gecimen, i worked the iso perspective with a guide and corrected the fur/below part of the horned god.

Hope everything is fine now! here it is
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 3:10pm

I made an edit for you, to show how you can make the demon closer to isometric. Also added some grass texture, fixed the shadows + added the end of a stairs to connect with the tiles #4 and #19.

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 5:04pm
WiP for 84.

I also want to play the "guess what is it" game.

Who knows?

IP IP Logged
Gen_void
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gen_void Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 5:58pm
Ok, here´s my final finale tile.

Gecimen, I added that stair that was introduced later and i didn´t saw. Added some things you apply to my tile, specially the perspective of the down below, wonderful reconfiguration. But the part from above the hips i prefer mine, i wanted a more neutral/mystic look to the horned demon than that sinister vibe it gives with more blacks.

I consider it done for sure this time! jajajaj i want to see this collab finished so i can hang it on my home!

IP IP Logged
Christoballs
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Christoballs Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 6:03pm

Calling #31 done.
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2021 at 7:41pm
I think tile #46 is nearly done:

Going to check for errors and things to tweak tomorrow! Feel free to give c&c. :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 2:41am
@Christoballs; looks great but you can't leave the red marked border empty. Inner tiles should not contain transparency.

@Mirre looks great :)

@Gen_void; did you see my edits on the head, horns and shadows?
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 4:18am
They should connect well now

@Mirre, @Christoballs amazing tiles. Can't wait to see them connecting together. Hope we will combine our forces in other area soon :)
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 4:33am
Incredible tiles! Fantastic work Gawrone!

@Mirre: I love it, the bell ringer is such a good touch! The only thing I would consider is adding something to the pier, like a barrel, crate or indeed a cat haha.

@Christoballs: Love how it turned out the monster is incredibly creepy! You've got the opportunity to add another tower behind it to round out the castle. Another thing is maybe the window arches are a bit wonky, that is probably my fault if you based it on my wizard's window. Didn't spot it myself at the time.

@Esven: Thank you!

IP IP Logged
Christoballs
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Christoballs Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 5:19am

Okay, thanks for the feedback guys!
Looking great @gawrone and @Mirre
IP IP Logged
Nitbe
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Nitbe Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:54am
#51 done
I don't know whether the effect is satisfactory. I tried several ways to cross the river, and finally tried this feeling of flowing down(Sorry, for my English)

@Reo
For blood, my idea is that some people have attacked another goat to prepare for it to do special rituals.
(Sorry, for my English again)
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:57am
I fixed your image for you, assuming you didn't want a hole in the tower :p

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:23am
84 progress

hint:

IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:26am
@Nitbe: That looks fine! Very nice tile :)

I'll grab 16!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:28am
@Hapiel thanks!

@Nitbe; we only meant something like this below (see the left corner), your current waterfall is not iso, therefore I'm not updating your tile. It's even better if you leave it as it is.

@gen_void; i'm assuming you don't want to work on your tile further, I don't mean to force you to death so I'm adding your tile to the main image but if you have the will and time; polish this tile further before grabbing another.
IP IP Logged
marcelcomics
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote marcelcomics Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:33am

84 progress

hint:

Excellent !
IP IP Logged
Christoballs
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Christoballs Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Hapiel

I fixed your image for you, assuming you didn't want a hole in the tower :p

Thanks, I keep forgetting stuff I've updated my post.

Claiming #36, I believe it's available?
IP IP Logged
Nitbe
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Nitbe Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:03am

@Gecimen
Ok i modified it

and I want to choose #13
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 12:25pm
I finished tile #46:

@Reo: The cat was a good suggestion! as long as you don't think I'm copying you too much. ;) I love cats though!

@gawrone: Here's with the bottom of the ship if you want it for ref. :)

@Christoballs: The cat head that started in Reo's tile is looking a little cut off? Maybe give it a bigger body?

@Christoballs & @gawrone: Must say our tiles connect super well. So exciting to see all three together! :D You both did a stellar job.

I would like to claim #59 next :)
IP IP Logged
Christoballs
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Christoballs Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 1:50pm

Yes, I see your point. The catloaf is too small, so I made it a bit bigger! Thanks :)
Awesome #46 btw, I love everything about it, from the bell to the cat to the drakkar... and the land's end, of course.  :D

Yes, I'm very pleased with how our tiles are coalescing too! Everybody's doing a cracking job on this collab
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 3:10pm
tile reservations made, will update the image when a new tile arrives.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 4:34pm
84 is done

I made this fork but I fhink it might be too distracting so I post option without it just in case. Decide which looks better.

I also edited the viking ship edge to have better shape as Mirre suggested

I also would like to choose next tile number 58
IP IP Logged
Something Fishy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Something Fishy Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:08pm
(#37) Not dead just lazy here's a WIP
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:23pm
Is 15 available?
Can I claim it?
IP IP Logged
pixelated cloud
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote pixelated cloud Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:30pm

Not dead with this tile, just been suuuper busy lately, should have a better WIP by tommorow if not done.
I was able to read everybody's helpful comments though, thank you for the support.
@Geciman Yeah after looking at the image some more I realized the text kinda looks more tacky that I initially thought, thanks for being upfront about it
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by cjlm123

Is 15 available?
Can I claim it?

Yes surely.
IP IP Logged
Sazdx