Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [PAID] Spriter wanted for Castlevania: SOTN remake Post Reply Post New Topic
Esco
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Esco Replybullet Topic: [PAID] Spriter wanted for Castlevania: SOTN remake
    Posted: 10 March 2022 at 9:19pm
Hi, everyone! My name is Esco, and I am an independent developer working on a Fan project that is a remake of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. The project is funded by donations (and my own personal funds) and the page for it can be found here: www.Patreon.com/SOTNHacked

Also, so that everyone can see the type of sprite work expected, here are links to 2 videos about the project containing sprites done by various artists!

1st: an older one with a player character who can change from human, to wolf, to bat, to mist: Alucard Demo

2nd: a more recent one of another character and the combo system implemented: Richter and Combo System Demo

And here is a link to all of the sprites from the original game. This is the targeted sprite style and level of quality: Castlevania: SOTN Sprites

A demo is scheduled to be released in the next 2-3 months.So I am currently seeking to hire another sprite artist to work on sprites for this low res pixel art game ASAP. These sprites will use around 16-32 colors (with 32 being the most) and are an overall small size. At the moment the main ones I am focused on getting done are as follow:

• Remaking/upgrading the Legacy HUD: in the upper left of the image here:

• Remaking/Upgrading a character's sprite sheet: Similar to what was done to this sprite (it now uses 32 colors on its sheet and is more detailed):
    But for the little girl in this sprite sheet: https://www.spriters-resource.com/playstation/cvsotn/sheet/24086/

• Creating petrified sprites for enemies: I will require 2 for each enemy with over 100 enemies. These will be single sprites that will be colored gray in a way that they look like they are turned to stone. I will provide the base sprites for this and it is a fairly simple task.

The potential for long term work DOES exist for anyone interested too. As there are plenty of other paid things I can find to get done. Such as enemy animations, 2d special effects, etc.

PAY:
I pay well in USD via Paypal per sprite or animation.
The pay rate is negotiable and something we can decide on together.
On top of pay, this is also a good way to get more exposure. As a LOT of people are watching this project.

SKILLS NEEDED:
*Must be a pixel artist
*Be willing to interview via a call on Discord (takes 15-30 minutes max): here we can discuss pay, and I can verify your skillset, strengths, etc.
*Have examples of previous sprite work
*Speak fluent English (this is NON-NEGOTIABLE)
*Be willing to jump on Discord for audio only calls (so I can provide feedback and guidance)
*Creativity; as I have found this to be what sets an ok sprite artist apart from an AMAZING one!

ON MY END: I am frequently available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance to you. As I understand that, yes shocking as it may be to some others: artists are NOT psychic! And I firmly believe that as the project director, yes it is MY JOB to ensure your success.

You can contact me here or email me at SOTNHacked@gmail.com (though please reply here or PM first as I only check this email 1-2 times a week)

Hopefully, this post was detailed enough for everyone. Thanks.   
IP IP Logged
Hector Bometon
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Hector Bometon Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2022 at 1:25am
Hello Esco.

I think I can help you. Here's my portfolio:
Hector Bometon - Pixel Art Portfolio

I’ve worked for music videos, tv shows, videogames, magazines, podcasts... Also, I’ve been a solo developer for more than five years now, developing my graphic adventure: Superego. I already released two chapters (~3 hours of gameplay).

My Discord ID: Héctor Bometón#7533
My email: hectorbometon@gmail.com

Thank you!

IP IP Logged
sushy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote sushy Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2022 at 8:15am
Hi, I am interested too. You can view examples of my work here:

Pixel art portfolio

Please send me a message or e-mail me at sushychan(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.
IP IP Logged
Esco
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Esco Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2022 at 3:31pm
@Hector and @Sushy: I looked at your portfolios, and they both look pretty good. They do use a different type of spriting style than what it is in the project though.

Here is a link to some other sprites from the game: Castlevania: SOTN Sprites

Are either of you able to duplicate this style of spriting? I am aware that it is some pretty high level stuff, so there's no shame in it if either of you can't.

Let me know, please. And we can go from there.

P.S. I emailed both of you as well.
IP IP Logged
fawful
Commander
Commander

Quote fawful Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2022 at 1:55pm
Looks cool, here's my portfolio: http://johnbakerillustration.co.uk/pixel/gallery

Please contact me at johnbakerillustration@hotmail.com if you're interested.
IP IP Logged
Esco
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Esco Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2022 at 2:25pm
Update: this position is still currently open. Please be sure to read the information above before replying. Thanks.

EDIT: a 3rd role has been added above
IP IP Logged
PumpKPie
Seaman
Seaman

Quote PumpKPie Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2022 at 1:39pm
Heyo, just sent a mail (pumpkpie@hotmail.com) with examples
IP IP Logged
Henryk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Henryk Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2022 at 11:53pm

Portfolio on pixelation

Please send me a message or e-mail me at krest27(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.
IP IP Logged
PrismaticRealms
Seaman
Seaman

Quote PrismaticRealms Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2022 at 5:38pm
I'm curious to know if you have found your artist for this project, and if so, who you have decided to go with. :)
IP IP Logged
Esco
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Esco Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by PrismaticRealms

I'm curious to know if you have found your artist for this project, and if so, who you have decided to go with. :)

I have not. I do need to reach out to 1 person above and 1 more who emailed me. But the others have either a)not had the skill b)been unreliable or c)requested absurd rates.

Are you interested in applying as well?
IP IP Logged
Esco
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Esco Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Henryk

Portfolio on pixelation

Please send me a message or e-mail me at krest27(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.

Sorry about the wait. I have sent you an invite on discord.
IP IP Logged
miaraPixel
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote miaraPixel Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2022 at 4:47am
you sent message in my thread.
reach me here:
apixel276@gmail.com
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version