CHALLENGE: Red Planet Day
Red Planet Day is observed annually on November 28, so we are going to observe it in pixel art.
Use our canvas, and add 8 colours of your choosing (as the number of planets in our system), and your imagination.
You are free to make a photorealistic, actual mars, but you can also make a very "artistic" interpretation with beautiful, exaggerated canyons, or in a style of a cute video game. It can be scientifically factual and contemporary, but also very fictional like including near or very, very far future colonisation, or fantastic alien live. It even don't have be literally a "red planet", you can go with green (after terraforming) or blue (filled with oceans, as some scientist suggest mars were in the past), or you can imagine mars going through a fire volcanic phase or ice globe phase or entirely urbanised by super technically advanced civilisation billion years in the future. Just make it obvious somehow that this is still a Mars we are looking at.
Of course the sky is also your canvas and you can fill it with moons, stars, nebulae, apocalyptical asteroid explosions, spaceships or gigatnic celestial beings, or science fiction megastructures sticking out from the planet surface. But if this is not somethig you want to do, or have no time this week, you can submitt a transparent version with a planet circle only (delete the black sky part of the canvas).
Canvas Size - Exactly 300x300 (use the provided file).
Colors - Max 11 (black and red from our canvas + 8 of your own, and transparency, but only if you decide to skip the sky).
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - No.
- Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
- Only new pixels allowed.
- Open to all members.
- Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.
- Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
- Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
- Winner announced the following week.
- Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
- Top finisher gets to suggest a future week's challenge. If you're a winner and you wish to submit your idea, send a message to Gecimen.
- 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
- No matter what happens you get challenged :)