Print Page | Close Window

CHALLENGE 1/17/2011: Feet

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: Collaborations/Challenges
Forum Discription: Submit pixel art project ideas/templates or contribute to an existing pixel art collaboration.
URL: https://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11570
Printed Date: 10 May 2021 at 10:16pm

Topic: CHALLENGE 1/17/2011: Feet
Posted By: administrator
Subject: CHALLENGE 1/17/2011: Feet
Date Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:01am

CHALLENGE: Feet

A year ago we did http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/challenge_item.asp?id=1175 - hands , now it's time to draw feet. As per the hands challenge, the foot/feet need to be the main focus of the piece. Also, only human feet and no socks/shoes/other footwear - just a bare foot (or feet). Have fun and don't forget creativity.

Also, have a look at this tutorial on http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/feettut.html - drawing feet .

Canvas Size - Max 170 x 170.
Colours - Max 16.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - No.

CHALLENGE RULES

• Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp - submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
  • Only new pixels allowed.
  • Open to all members.
  • Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8 - WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.

CHALLENGE JUDGING

• Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
  • Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
  • Winner announced the following week.

CHALLENGE PRIZES/GOODIES

• Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
  • Top finisher gets to call the following week's challenge...sweet.
  • 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
  • No matter what happens you get challenged :)

CHALLENGE VOTING

/pixels/poll.asp?id=1225' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!

CHALLENGE AWARDS

The Feet pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

/pixelart/58983.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>That Clumsy Carpenter! by /p/6136.htm' target='_blank'>Blackbeltdude
/pixelart/59033.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Feet by /p/20498.htm' target='_blank'>radolfo
/pixelart/59067.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>Cinderella? by /p/9031.htm' target='_blank'>Mil

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!

/pixelart/59037.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Meet your God by /p/22443.htm' target='_blank'>piiichan
/pixelart/58970.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>OH SHI- by /p/26558.htm' target='_blank'>MicKo
/pixelart/59068.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>I love women feet by /p/22443.htm' target='_blank'>piiichan
/pixelart/59058.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Footscape by /p/18617.htm' target='_blank'>Photocopier
/pixelart/59082.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Living by /p/8801.htm' target='_blank'>AIGuy

Replies:
Posted By: repstyle
Date Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:29pm
I start the engine !  !

This is a rough lineart to put my idea on it :

Posted By: ellie-is
Date Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:04pm
Hey, awesome idea. Keep going man!

Posted By: Cilein
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 4:36am
Yeah repstyle I love it!

-------------
-Building an engine-

Posted By: Blackbeltdude
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 7:52am

I worked on this for a while, but I really don't know how I feel about it right now... it's still incomplete, and I still can use a few more colors.

I'm not really digging the palette, I'm sure the anatomy is a bit wonky, and I don't know if I want something blatantly religious in my gallery (considering I'm about as "nonreligious" as a person can get).

What do you guys think?

(I haven't taken a break from looking at it, so maybe my mind will change later).

I'm still slightly more tempted to just go for a sex image instead of a gory one. :P

Posted By: Jaeden
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:18am
I may enter this, just because I broke my ankle on the eve Christmas day..

It seems appropriate that during my down time I draw my self and my stapled up foot/leg... 

Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:27am
sh*t, blackbeltdude, you win.

Posted By: repstyle
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:42am
I admit that blackbeltdude did a great pixel art 
But, originality can burst an high detailed art (obviously, i don't speak about my piece)

And i continue my wip on :

Posted By: jeremy
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:52pm
@Blackbeltdude: Great :D The back foot  ankle area looks a bit muddled to me. Maybe the heel. I dunno how much detail you would be able to get into the background, since you've only got 2 more colours to work with, but if you used them to improve the nail and changed the blue and brown to look nicer together/against the feet and be purely symbolic. btw, obviously not Jesus because it's a white person being crucified :p
(ramblerambleramble)

@all: http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/feettut.html - here is the feet counterpart to the hands tutorial, if you need help.

Posted By: skamocore
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:09pm
Thanks Jeremy, I'll add that to the to the challenge article.

-------------

Posted By: jalonso
Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by repstyle

This week since its still early.
Work and focus on being clean about lines.
Outer lines, coloring lines, edges, any and all lines.

Use AA, coloring the lineart and selout to smooth and blend.
See the n00btorial thread for definitions on certain things if you need.

Developing good pixelling technique habits early in the learning process will help you improve faster.

Just in case you are artistically inclined to always draw thick or double lines look at http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/58972.htm - THIS and zoom in to see a way to handle lines like that. Its not perfect but worth studying in your case :)

-------------
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9378&FID=6&PR=3 - PJs FAQ <> http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6 - Sticky Reads

Posted By: Blackbeltdude
Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:26am

I totally agree, Repstyle! Yours is a lot more clever than mine.

Thanks for the crit Jeremy, I tweaked it a bit back there (and also true with regards to Jewish demi-gods). :P

I'll probably throw this in my gallery now and edited if I get some useful feedback.

Thanks guys!

Posted By: Photocopier
Date Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:07pm

this is my current WIP, any C+C?

Posted By: jeremy
Date Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:24pm
Index+middle toe are blended together, everything else looks cool :D

Posted By: Mil
Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:28am
Photocopier> Maybe big toe nail is a bit long on the lower part. I agree with Jeremy :)

My wip:

Could not think about anything else but Cinderella :D

Hope it's ok to have a shoe if the foot is bare?
BG will probably change, colors too.

Posted By: piiichan
Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 3:44pm
@Mil
Pretty foot :)
The guy's hands are HUGE

Posted By: Adcrusher
Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:17pm
I don't think the hand is huge, it's just the foot is small compared to the leg.

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:28pm
Eh, guys have big hands and girls have small feet. I think its fine.

Posted By: piiichan
Date Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:08am
@ member_profile.asp?PF=16581&FID=1 - lucas_irineu
True, but not to that extent, unless she is very petite, and he is very tall.
Just compare your own hand to your own foot, then watch again Mil's piece attentively.

Posted By: Mil
Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:50am
Thanks for the comments, I modified the size of the hand :)

Print Page | Close Window