Print Page | Close Window

[WIP][CC] untitled lovecraftian piece

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: WIP (Work In Progress)
Forum Discription: Get crits and comments on your pixel WIPs and other art too!
URL: https://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26930
Printed Date: 17 May 2022 at 12:34am

Topic: [WIP][CC] untitled lovecraftian piece
Posted By: shm31
Subject: [WIP][CC] untitled lovecraftian piece
Date Posted: 20 June 2020 at 3:57pm
Hello,
This is a piece that I've been working on for a moment, and I am nowhere near close to finishing it

current progress :
(June, 20th )

(June, 18th )

animated WIP

some additional infos :
start date : June 9th
estimated progress : 20%

All comments and constructive criticism is welcome of course,   
Best regards,

Replies:
Posted By: JaumeAlcazo
Date Posted: 21 June 2020 at 1:33am
Looking very good man. You should do a graphical adventure out of this, I mean, like Monkey1 and 2.

Date Posted: 21 June 2020 at 1:30pm
Thanks buddo, sadly that would take an insane amount of time that I don't have since we collectively switched into the darkest timeline :p

here's today's progress, broken the symmetry a little and added more details :

Posted By: Hapiel
Date Posted: 21 June 2020 at 2:48pm
The dark timeline took away your time? It gave me my time back, although that is not really a good thing.

Anyway, this thing looks rad, and works really well with your style! Is it going to be just the buildings and the plants we see now, or is it somehow going to be populated?

Date Posted: 21 June 2020 at 4:53pm
Thanks ! I'll see if I can do it after, I'm still very green when it comes to people

Posted By: baboum
Date Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:48am
Really really cool, as always.
Love how you break symmetry with the weathering!

Date Posted: 23 June 2020 at 5:26pm
Thanks bab !

Date Posted: 25 June 2020 at 11:46am
today's iteration :

Date Posted: 26 June 2020 at 1:53am
Because it wasn't big enough yet, haha! It does look cool though, this new perspective :)

What's going on with the lightsource? Why is the building brighter on both of its sides than the front, on the green part it seems to be the opposite? The intense highlights are a fun style but also confuse my sense of depth! And now the pavement is also brighter on its sides??

Date Posted: 26 June 2020 at 3:27am
I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just going with it, I agree that shading is all over the place, I hope this next iteration is little more coherent than the previous one :

basically I'm thinking of a reality breaking apart (not original I know), maybe I am using this as an excuse to do this upside down

Date Posted: 26 June 2020 at 6:37am
Reality breaking apart is cool, but it the composition was much better without the bright spot at the bottom of the picture!

Date Posted: 28 June 2020 at 12:08pm
Thanks ! to be quite frank I have no idea what I am gonna put inside that hole besides clouds or a black void;

I noticed that now that I am approaching the end, it's getting far more harder to work on this piece, I can't seem to force myself do more than 64x64 pixels each day x)

Print Page | Close Window