Print Page | Close Window

The problem with my piece

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: The Lounge
Forum Name: Resources and Support
Forum Discription: Help your fellow pixel artists out with links to good tutorials, other forums, software, fonts, etc. Bugs and support issues should go here as well.
URL: https://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27103
Printed Date: 15 August 2022 at 12:31am

Topic: The problem with my piece
Posted By: takowassa
Subject: The problem with my piece
Date Posted: 17 February 2021 at 3:46am
Hi,

I was told that my post should be revised.

REASON: Submitted pieces must not be prescaled (e.g. 2x zoom). Small files are exempt from this restriction when they serve as a preview to detail files.

But my pieces is 64x64 pixels and I don't prescale it. What is the problem?

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Hapiel
Date Posted: 17 February 2021 at 4:15pm
Hi Takowassa, thank you for your message. Sorry we would normally have contacted you before rejecting your work but there was a little hickup in the process.

The piece as you show here in the forum post is perfect!

The submission process is a bit confusing often, but you've submitted a small file (required) which was good, and a detail file which was scaled. The detail files must also not be prescaled, in this case no detail file was actually needed at all (only needed if you have a work that is larger than 100x100)
You can't 'remove' the current detail files, but you can replace them with the small images, so if you would be so kind to add the original small images as detail file for the 3 submissions you have and then resubmit them, we'll add them to the gallery as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the confusion, and do let me know if you have more questions!

Posted By: takowassa
Date Posted: 18 February 2021 at 5:35am
Thank you!

Posted By: skeleton general
Date Posted: 18 February 2021 at 8:08am
sorry for my poor english skill first!
is upload system have size or frame limit?
I want to upload my work but it doesn't work
it's 3.1mb, and 320frame.
how can I do?
is there no solution?

Posted By: Hapiel
Date Posted: 18 February 2021 at 4:57pm
Hi Skeleton,
Yes there is a file size limit, but I'm sorry I don't know how large it is exactly. It might be 3MB, it might be smaller... Your best bet is to search for a way to compress your gif a little bit more, if you google around there are some tricks to do that, but it is not always possible..
Good luck, and sorry that I can't be more helpful. I'm looking forward to see it though!

Posted By: skeleton general
Date Posted: 18 February 2021 at 11:55pm
oh... thanks haha..

Print Page | Close Window