CHALLENGE: Puncient Philosophers
Let's draw some philosophers but with puns.
The idea is to choose a famous philosopher, historical or contemporary (you are not restricted to antiquity only, as the name of the challenge could suggest), create a word play with their name, and draw the result. Depending on the period it should be a sculpture, a painting or a photo, but we can be flexible if you get creative.
If you have no ideas for philosophers, names, or puns you can use one of these basic examples:
Canvas: Max 100x200 (vertical)
Colours: Max 32
Transparency: Optional (probably necessary for a sculpture and can be used for irregullar frames of painting or photo)
- Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
- Only new pixels allowed.
- Open to all members.
- Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.
- Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
- Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
- Winner announced the following week.
- Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
- Top finisher gets to suggest a future week's challenge. If you're a winner and you wish to submit your idea, send a message to https://pixeljoint.com/p/27498.htm' target='_blank'>Gecimen.
- 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
- No matter what happens you get challenged :)
CHALLENGE VOTING/pixels/poll.asp?id=1807' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!
CHALLENGE AWARDSThe Puncient Philosophers pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:
/pixelart/147376.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>Auzom by /p/32715.htm' target='_blank'>CELS
/pixelart/147394.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Kart Marx by /p/126792.htm' target='_blank'>magickbird
/pixelart/147395.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>Jean-Jacket Rousseau by /p/242729.htm' target='_blank'>EEgor
Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!
/pixelart/147369.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Puncient Philosopher by /p/186610.htm' target='_blank'>gawrone
/pixelart/147378.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Sceneca by /p/233927.htm' target='_blank'>Fabled