CHALLENGE: Illuminated Initials
Today we celebrate the second anniversary of PJ discord. A lot of time had passed and many characters were typed. For the current challenge we will go back in time, long before we could type, to medieval iluminated initials.
Choose one letter from the alphabet and paint an initial using colours from the Rich14 Palette that https://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm - Christoballs has made from illuminated manuscripts:
We also share this example of a person counting pixels, just to be sure we are on the same page:
The medieval period is our inspiration, but we are not limited to it. If you want to use a letter from an other alphabet than latin, go for it. If you are not interested in medieval aesthetics or themes, you can go with gothic horror, cyberpunk, anime, postapocalyptic, superhero comic books, stone age or whatever your imagination will surprise us with. Just remember that there have to be one large, recognisable letter and it have to be wildly decorated with a character or characters, animals, monsters, flowers, skulls, computers, clockwork mechanisms, elemental magic spells... and the list goes on ad infinitum.
Canvas: Exactly 100x100.
Colours: Max 14 (use the provided palette).
- Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
- Only new pixels allowed.
- Open to all members.
- Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.
- Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
- Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
- Winner announced the following week.
- Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
- Top finisher gets to suggest a future week's challenge. If you're a winner and you wish to submit your idea, send a message to https://pixeljoint.com/p/27498.htm' target='_blank'>Gecimen.
- 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
- No matter what happens you get challenged :)
CHALLENGE VOTING/pixels/poll.asp?id=1811' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!
CHALLENGE AWARDSThe Illuminated Initials pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:
/pixelart/147777.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>Dragon type R by /p/242850.htm' target='_blank'>Ruikaj
/pixelart/147733.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Up popped the Devil by /p/243007.htm' target='_blank'>Space-AgeWrangler
/pixelart/147783.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>Illuminated Initials - H by /p/222880.htm' target='_blank'>Kxarog
Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!
/pixelart/147739.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Illumitated Manuscript Challenge Entry by /p/246245.htm' target='_blank'>mikehoyle
/pixelart/147738.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>L tower by /p/233927.htm' target='_blank'>Fabled
/pixelart/147742.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Kaaf (K) - Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel by /p/244068.htm' target='_blank'>Rewind
/pixelart/147785.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>f de fried chicken by /p/240977.htm' target='_blank'>marceles
/pixelart/147759.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>[S] by /p/66890.htm' target='_blank'>Trigonomicon
/pixelart/147700.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Ro by /p/124214.htm' target='_blank'>RaikaRakka
/pixelart/147780.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Meem by /p/246258.htm' target='_blank'>gallickgunner
/pixelart/147778.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>[D]iscworld by /p/66890.htm' target='_blank'>Trigonomicon
/pixelart/147770.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Voyage by /p/226561.htm' target='_blank'>Kohira
/pixelart/147696.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>M by /p/246128.htm' target='_blank'>Kristov