Print Page | Close Window

Pixel Art Ezine

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: Collaborations/Challenges
Forum Discription: Submit pixel art project ideas/templates or contribute to an existing pixel art collaboration.
URL: https://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=417
Printed Date: 13 April 2021 at 9:39pm

Topic: Pixel Art Ezine
Posted By: Sibix
Subject: Pixel Art Ezine
Date Posted: 29 June 2005 at 9:55am

i dont know how to do this but i was thinking that we could make an online magazine about pixel artists and games wich will be emailed or on the web. everyone who takes part could have there own page and or summet like that. what yah think. it would also mention big events like the deviant art sumet

watcha think

Replies:
Posted By: PixelSnader
Date Posted: 29 June 2005 at 10:48am

it'd be nice, but what are you going to put in there? is it going to be more towards noobies (lots of tutorials) or pros (job ads)

please specify & explain the idea a bit more

-------------

▄▄█     ▄▄█
▄█▄     ▄█▄

Posted By: sedgemonkey
Date Posted: 29 June 2005 at 11:17am
Pixelblink, iSTVAN and I have been tossing around putting a pixel e-magazine together for awhile.  Just trying to get all the sections thought through before we get going on it.

Date Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:04pm
well thats just dandy :D

Posted By: xtremetom
Date Posted: 30 June 2005 at 1:35am
i would love to help with mag

-------------
Lets Build "thePA"
http://www.thepixelagency.com/">

Posted By: Monstara
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 2:17am
I'd help, too

Posted By: tommy j4sun
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 2:43am
me too. I want to feel special so helping with the magazine will be awsome.

-------------

Posted By: Demon
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 4:35am
lol, if need be, I can help.

-------------
"At least we killed some boredom..." - Death Note.

Posted By: Joenorton
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 1:53pm
Yeah This would be cool,I wanna help,Maybe i could advertise

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 3:04pm
maybe we can advertise the shops.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:09am

i would just like making templates. :D mwa ah ahaha

off course i would do my research and gather posters from new artists. but didlly hey, it would be great.

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 3:02am
I have the Adobe software for creating magazines if that would be useful for this.  Or just make the magazine integrated into a website.  But it would be cool as a pdf, make it Printable, with correct aspect ratio of course.

-------------

Posted By: iSTVAN
Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 7:42am

Things are still very early in the planning stages so far. I'm very glad to see so much community support, but as of yet I dont think we're ready to start allocating magazine duties!

We'll try to keep you all updated on any further official PixelJoint mag when things get a little closer!

Posted By: PandaPlanet
Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:00pm
As snader mentioned tutorials might be cool in a magazine.
I'd love to see more Pixel Art tutorials on the web that go further then the drawig of cuber, spheres and pyramids -.-'
People could send in requests for certain tutorials that a (team of) pixel artist(s) might create.
Or a certain spot where you publish sent-in questions concerning pixel art with decent replies.

Well, that's the sort of magazine that would interrest me :)
(Oh, and a mini-1337 gallery of Pixel Art, like.. monthly?)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:48pm
well, im gonna do sum googling to find out sum good sites, tuts and posters

Posted By: pixelblink
Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 7:32pm
As Sedge mentioned, we were already working the details of an ezine. Details are sketchy right now but, rest assured, this will kick ass. Feel free to post your ideas here and we'll see what we can do with em.

-------------

Posted By: tamzqueen
Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 6:04pm

Gee great minds must think alike.. hehe. I had an idea like that for awhile too.  Had the title: Pixel Ink. It's got sort of a double meaning. Inc as in a company or Ink as in .. oh you know  I'd definately help out if you want. I'm more inclined to write articles or write tutorials on 'cute art' rather than anything.

Can't wait to see what develops from you guys

Posted By: So-lou
Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by tamzqueen

Gee great minds must think alike.. hehe. I had an idea like that for awhile too.  Had the title: Pixel Ink. It's got sort of a double meaning. Inc as in a company or Ink as in .. oh you know  I'd definately help out if you want. I'm more inclined to write articles or write tutorials on 'cute art' rather than anything.

Can't wait to see what develops from you guys

LOL I came up with that name for a forum I was making with two friends. But then one of those friends completely overtook the forum with ideas we hadn't even discussed so it kind of went to sh*t. XD Pixel Ink. would be a good name instead of Pixel Inc. Excellent!

This magazine will rule, I'll help out if anyone needs me.

Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 8:37pm

:P

-------------

▄▄█     ▄▄█
▄█▄     ▄█▄

Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 9:15pm
As far as the name of the mag goes, it's already been established as far as I know. I'm trying to leave some information unavailable to the public here so as to leave some surprises in store for the release of it. I will tell folks that we plan to release it in quarterly phases and it will contain as much information, resources, tutorials as we can muster. I can't speak for the others involved but, I am open to reviews and articles from anybody that wants to submit them. We are focusing on the quality of articles so that doesn't mean everything submitted will be accepted. Please do not begin writing anything until I can confirm what I've said though.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:03am
I'm open to anything... I do want this to be about quality as well so not everything will work, but I'd love to see what people have in mind.

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:00pm
I WANNA FEEL SPECIAL!!!! and i want some pie. so the name should be.....i don't know. but i can make little adds in the back of the mag for the action figure shop, big al's gun shop (still in the works), and a snack shop?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:10pm

Hold off on making the "ads" until we get some ad space sizes for you, but I think that's a winner idea. 

Posted By: flaber
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 12:53am

mmhmm. bet no one remembers me, or were around then.

I can chip in. With whatever ya need. Pixelblink, sedge, istvan since it sounds like your in charge i believe my email is somewhere on this maby under my profile. If not PM me. but Iv been thinking of maby making one for myself, but helping someone else sounds easier.

Gimme a ring...

Posted By: d-p
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:26am
I could imagine to help, too. Im looking forward to more detailled infos. What kind of magazine do you plan right now, printable pdf like Demon mentioned or a website like magazine?

Posted By: Blueberry_pie
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 7:50am
This Pixel Art E-Zine sounds like a cool idea, I'd love to help out.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 7:57am

This will definitely be a website in an "magazine" format with articles, editorials, interviews, reviews, comic strips released in "issues". 

We'll get y'all more specifics as soon as we get the layout closer to completion.

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:13am
for "the funnies" aka comics, we could put some moose comics!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 12:15pm

Hopefully we'll have enough pixel comics to have a "comics page". 

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:24pm

just curious, but will it include game reviews of say new pixel mobile games?

-------------
Lets Build "thePA"

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:27pm
probly not.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 4:10am
I think it should..  I mean it IS a pixel related magazine right?  Pixel-Heavy games should atleast get mentions in it.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 4:39am

like heli attack 3?

i could review pixel art games lol, i play them alot.

Posted By: Blueberry_pie
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 6:50am
GBA games often have some pretty good pixel art as well, so I guess those should be reviewed too.

-------------

Posted By: tamzqueen
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 10:08pm

Hopefully you guys mean reviewing the art in the games... that's what I'd be interested in anyway.

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 10:53pm

My vision encompasses everything and anything pixel related. This includes games, comics, tutorials, etc. We will include info about the PixelJoint site I'm sure, but it will not be focused on ourselves alone. I'd like to see this become as professional an ezine as possible in order to attract artists and companies from all over. Of course, that's MY vision of it all.

As I think I mentioned before, we probably will be open to quality articles by anybody.... but, I do stress on the 'quality'.

-------------

Posted By: Ensellitis
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 2:17am
I think PixelJoint has pretty much become the number 1 spot for pixel art out there...  If it isn't, then it will be soon, PixelJoint is to Pixels, as Google is to the world.  =)

As for content, I think (and I know some of this has already been mentioned, but I am on a roll, so shut-up for one second will ya?!  )
  1. Featured Pixel Art/Artist
  2. Perhaps some sort of time line(s)?
  3. Reviews of pixel based games/Game Art
  4. Reviews of different art programs and their usefulness with dealing with pixel art
  5. Tutorials, maybe 3 or 4 an issue, dealing with ISO and Non-ISO.  And defiantely do a feature on dithering, god know that I need that  =).
  6. Maybe a permanent article that is always in the mag dealing with uploading and sharing your art with the world, I.e. deviantART, PixelJoint, PhotoBucket (Or whatever that is)
  7. Comics are iffy, like Sedge said, it would be hard to find pixel artists that would be willing, or even responsible enough to make sure there is enought for each issue.
That's all I could muster up for now, but believe me, I did editing for The Chronicle in Washington, and I always had stupid and sometimes good ideas flying through my head.  That's why I carry a little notebook around in my pocket, and that is why within 2 weeks, I have to buy a new one.  =)

Posted By: ryan-gfx
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 7:16pm
This has probably been said.. but be sure to add in like, the best pieces of the week or something. Enough with the tutorials and reviews, let's see the almighty pixel at it's best! You guys should give out links to excellent pixel artists's portfolios and a weekly showcase of the latest pixel inspiration. 

Posted By: iSTVAN
Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 6:18am

flaber: I do indeed remember you from pixelation. It'd be sweet for you to contribute to the mag matey.

About the games! PixelBlink has made it pretty clear that the mag shouldnt exclude any form of pixelling. I've put my hand up to take some sort of charge of the games section as I've got quite a few ties to the indy game scene.

However, I think its correct in thinking the game reviews should focus on the pixel graphics side, and should not exclusively deal with indy games, although I think it is important to make a particular focus on this area as it doesnt really get the respect it deserves. Some of the games I am interested in are coded, designed, marketed and most important to us, pixel arted all by the one person. I think its handy for the pixel art community to support the indy game industry in any way possible, a little exposure might be all they need!

Ofcourse, we should also look into the art of professional games, both recent and old, I reckon. These studies will focus mainly on the pixel art in games. I'm thinking GBA, mobile phone games, and anything else from before my time. That said, we'd like to make the section have one 'feature' game which would include a review of a game with pixel graphics, and a free download of the afore mentioned game. This would almost definately be a freeware indy game, for obvious legal reasons. Also, I'd like to think the mag would be able to open a few peoples eyes to games that they may not have known existed.

But I'm getting too detailed and too rambly. If you've got any ideas for this section, give me or anyone else working on the mag a bell!

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 10:38am
well said, iSTVAN! You sound like a professional already

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:48pm

iSTVAN:  I think what you are saying is in the true spirit of the mag.  One thing that might be nice is to break down the games section into three cats...

• Classic games (8/16 bit console and arcade gems)
  • Indy games (Flash/PC)
  • Modern games (GBA/Mobile)

Waddaya think?

Posted By: Dejital
Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:50pm
Well, when you review a game, the focus of the article should be on the art; not on the game itself. 

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:54pm
That's a tough one Dejital... sometimes (not always) the beauty of the art intertwines with the game/music.  

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:05pm
Dejital: I think there should be an equal review on the whole game... including art, music, gameplay, etc. The art will be the main focus of course becuase it needs to be a pixel art based format

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:54pm

i think that a thing like a timeline shouldnt be in all mags, but only in the first one, to explain things like how it started, and how the thing evolved

allso i thinks it'd be cool to highlight pixelartists in every issue, like wolverine this one next one panda, etc. and have an interview (not a standard questionlist though, them be boring)

and about the gaming, i think that music is part of the art, but on a different level then the pixels are

and lastly, i think comics should be very doable, seeing as things like Bob 'n George and a Modest Destiny are done allmost daily

-------------

▄▄█     ▄▄█
▄█▄     ▄█▄

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:28am

haha, well im glad youd like me aboard istvan.

With the reviews for the GBA games and possibly the mobile ones, (im not much into the mobile ones, but i know GBA) becareful when selecting them. You may think ohwow! this is a great game. but no. no it really isnt. By this I mean, alot of those artists are getting lazy out there. Instead of actually pixeling everything themselves, some games will have 3D images compressed into GBA size. I believe golden sun(s) have this, that new yoshi game (where you tilt the gameboy), madagascar, etc all have it. So when picking a game to review, make sure its fully pixeled, like *ahem* sword of mana...

I can help with reviews and commercial critisism if need be. Back at pixelation I liked to participate in those, like that sword of mana one. I was gona start my own... then it went under.

Im also willing to make you some graphics if you need, of course in mystyle... so little cartoontythings and such.

allso i thinks it'd be cool to highlight pixelartists in every issue, like wolverine this one next one panda, etc. and have an interview (not a standard questionlist though, them be boring)

...then me

but again,

gimme a call when the time comes that you wants me to help

Corey

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 5:56am
I totally agree with iStvan: the indy industry probably does need little extra push to get those guys some much needed pr. Not to mention, alot of indy gamers do create all the graphics, and for that they certainly deserve alot of respect and if this can help give them that, then fantastic.

Of course there is always the point, as to were draw the line between game review and art review, but then surely the two work together to create a great or ar$e piece.

-------------
Lets Build "thePA"

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 2:06am
I have much respect for the indy game scene, and I don't see why not write about them. If it's pixelart, it's pixelart. And I think most of those projects use their own art.

Posted By: Xion Night
Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 11:36am
I could make a comic?

And I don't think the gaming section should focus on/section off any type of game (Indie, GBA, Flash, classic, etc) but how bout just having a game review section for any type of game that uses pixel art to an extent.
Previous issue: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
This issue: Metal Slug 3 (Xbox)
Next issue: Cave Story (PC)
The issue after the next issue: Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)

I also like the idea of having a pixelartist highlit per issue.

Maybe have someone do an in-depth pixel crit from random sources. Like one issue might have a crit section on king of fighters and another issue would crit a noob's art, giving tips and advices. Then the next issue would have a crit of one of the masters' pieces from this site, then maybe another game.

A Gallery?
Maybe a gallery for one of the many collabs going on at this site? Like the hatch-a-thon or the action-figures?

I could make a comic?

-------------
Kizzah!
http://www.thepixelagency.com">

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 11:44am

so I began thinking again.

I like that idea about critizing a Newbs art, Xion.

So why not have say anyone who wants there art (probably a newb would be doing this) ripped apart in the magazine, send in there piece to someone through PM or email. Then we can select ONE, and tear apart it on that issue. Then next month repeat the same process.

ill go now and do my own thing,

Ill see what else i can come up with

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:39pm
I totally love the idea of taking apart a newbies piece.. as long as they are cool with it. Sometimes the only way to learn is by showing the mistakes and the corrections.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:15pm
Heh, this is treading into some dangerous territory.  Even if the person is cool with it the "ripping apart" shouldn't be callous.

Posted By: Saboteur
Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:29pm

It would be like the PixelJoint gauntlet! Mwahahaha.

I'd love that idea, there's much opportunity to learn if the critic doesn't hold back.

-------------
"I was minding my own business and walking across a pebbled path, and a Duck started giving me the business."

Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:30am
I wouldn't mind giving a piece for 'deconstruction'. And I wouldn't mind callousness if it is made funny ;)

Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by Saboteur

I'd love that idea, there's much opportunity to learn if the critic doesn't hold back.

preferably a couple of (rotating?) critics, that have quite varying visions, as to cover different aspects, instead of what 1 person thinks is good

-------------

▄▄█     ▄▄█
▄█▄     ▄█▄

Posted By: TheDarkHawk
Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 3:20am

I was a journalist for 1 year, then I was editor of the school paper for 3 years in a row. I better I could prove worth in this production.

But, if we're gonna do this... let's really do this

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 3:47am
Hey, speaking of journalism it's my third year in university majoring in journalism, so if I could help with anything :D

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:31am

TheDarkHawk and Monstara: We certainly could use editorial and journalism skills for this project.  If we don't have room for you to write new articles in the first issue would either of you still be interested in editing duties?

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:37am
Sure. Could we do everything remotely? Of course, it depends on my workload at the moment, but I have the enthusiasm :)

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:48am

Heh, we're all remote. 

The only PJ people I've ever seen face to face are Ripped Monkey and the_keller and both of those guys are just friends who are not really on the site anymore.

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:08am
Sweet. I'll be waiting :D
Also, I may submit a piece for critique/deconstruction, and... whatever pixelart is needed

Posted By: TheDarkHawk
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 12:47am
Yep, glad to do it, I could all do some layout graphics (That was mainly why I was editor) formatting text way a big part too

Posted By: TACW
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 4:21pm
I would like to try and help in anything if and when you need me. :)

-------------
http://hometown.aol.com/boomerangproduct/myhomepage/index.html">

Posted By: Psychotic_Carp
Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:46pm

You know if we gathered enough articles together we could put together a small book

http://www.lulu.com/ - http://www.lulu.com/

-------------
got game?

Posted By: Tikiman1488
Date Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:04pm

what happened to this? Is it still going to be created? I kept reading this and I was starting to get kinda exited!

Date Posted: 30 August 2005 at 8:34pm
tiki: there's stuff going on behind the scenes. Slowly but surely, this will come together... one way or another... I swear it!

-------------

Posted By: Helix
Date Posted: 06 November 2005 at 10:24am
This sounds awesome.

I know you will probably use a sub domain by pixeljoint.com but if not I would be glad to give you full hosting for my site digineb.com. It hasn't got much content so I would love to change it into an e-zine.

Tuts, features, help and support will deffinately be a great influence to  new and advanced pixelers.

Great work getting this to work guys!

-------------
H-Box

Posted By: Brian the Great
Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 3:16pm
I'd be happy to help out wherever I can with this. Sounds like a cool idea, can't believe I found out just now!

-------------
http://www.twoschizos.com">

Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:28pm

Mostly what we need to get this thing off the ground are dedicated people to help write articles - reviews, etc. on anything pixel related. Write them up and we'll try and keep you guys updated on our progress (which, unfortunately, hasn't gone that far).

Hopefully, with alot of my projects completed or near completion, I can devote some quality time to trying to organize this a bit more

-------------

Posted By: randomblink
Date Posted: 12 December 2005 at 1:03pm
Hey pixelblink...
I have done technical writing for both the military and corporate world... If you need or could use some writing help? Just let me know...

Peace!

-------------
www.randomblink.com
I am me... no! Really!

Posted By: randomblink
Date Posted: 12 December 2005 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Psychotic_Carp

You know if we gathered enough articles together we could put together a small book

http://www.lulu.com/ - http://www.lulu.com/

Psychotic_Carp,
I had never before visited lulu dot com. I have a friend who has published a couple books there, so I assumed it was a publishing site of sorts. I did not realize it was a site where anyone could publish ANYTHING...

Being somewhat of a wannabe writer as well, I have spent the last 30 minutes just mentally stunned at the potential of this wonderful site... I wanted to say THANK YOU for even mentioning it. I read your post and laughed. I thought you were a lost one... Then I followed the link out of a curiosity and wow...

Why we aren't putting together a Pixel Book already? I do not know... crazy!

-------------
www.randomblink.com
I am me... no! Really!

Date Posted: 12 December 2005 at 11:58pm

yo Random, firstly, Ensellitis had talked of doing a pixel book earlier this year... dunno where that's gone but I'm waiting to see.

Secondly, I'm not much for writing articles.. that was never really my part in this plan... but, if you're up for the task, I'd say go get a crew organized and go out and get some great stories/articles/reviews happening. Interviews are always good - I know Sedge had something lined up.

From a desgin standpoint, I think we have no problem there.. .being a site full of designers - and I've my own designs made up already.

All in all, everything is just waiting to happen and I've got so much left to finish before I fully undertake this project... but, rest assured, it will happen

-------------

Posted By: Goldprobe
Date Posted: 17 December 2005 at 3:32pm

Im good in the concept art, still mastering the pixels, but catching up fast.

But im also good at writing articles, so i think i could be of some help all around, using my concept skills, and designing skills i picked up in my college course.

But this sounds like a fun idea, i really need to spend my time properly, i just play games all the time :P

-------------

Date Posted: 18 December 2005 at 12:52am
sweet! If you have any ideas for articles, send me a PM with an outline of what you intend to cover and we'll go through it all :)

-------------

Posted By: Goldprobe
Date Posted: 20 December 2005 at 4:18am
pixel, your message indox is fill :(

-------------

Date Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:54am
yikes! It's empty now... go nuts

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2005 at 6:36pm
Any word on this yet? any ideas on how it might be?

-------------
got game?

Posted By: a4paper
Date Posted: 01 January 2006 at 10:05am
Wow, I just read that and it sounds like a sweet idea. But most people keep asking the same questions. It might be a good idea to put up a very simple site that just tells people how the project is coming along, what you need help with etc and who to contact. It might save you a lot of time instead of you answering the same questions over and over in this thread.

Posted By: Cleo
Date Posted: 28 January 2006 at 9:18am
Hi Im New Here But This Sounds SWEET! Im New To Pixel Art Ive Made A Few Creations But There On My USB Stick To I'll Put Them Up Later

Posted By: Kyosuke_S
Date Posted: 30 January 2006 at 11:11pm
Well, it could always have contests in it, links, reviews on pixels in games, fanart, pixel creating software ratings, stories, whole pages of pixel art(everyone loves looking at art) interviews for pixel sites/creators/professionals that work for gaming companies, events, maybe make an artical to rally people to make pixel realted things for kons(games and anime) like I know bokorotsukon is having a music video cometition this year, get people together and create a pixelated music vid for that. there can be lots of things. ^^  make a pixel comic that continues every issue......

Posted By: Glex
Date Posted: 03 February 2006 at 4:56pm
maybe have a "design the cover" competition every article?

Date Posted: 03 February 2006 at 5:58pm
This is all great and everything but, we really really need to have articles put together before anything happens. If anyone has any inclination to do one, feel free and send it to myself or Sedge to review.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 February 2006 at 1:52pm

*cough*article one = pixel joint the game *cough*

it would be a great advertisement for it.. and the game could end up on many free game websites :o

u could even charge sites to use it

Posted By: Squall
Date Posted: 25 February 2006 at 10:25pm
would you sell the Ezine for cash?

-------------

Posted By: Shark
Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:08pm
this community isnt about making money, but i would pay for this
ezine.

-------------
Snark, we love yuu.

Posted By: Larwick
Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:11pm
This sounds V interesting. That's all i have to say on the matter.

-------------
http://larw-ck.deviantart.com">

Posted By: Zetabot
Date Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:56pm
Sounds great guys. I really hope you get some dedicated writers on this.

Date Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:59pm
So far only RandomBlink has offered his services to write articles. This project doesn't sound like it will get off the ground anytime soon unless we get more dedicated writers to sign up and submit something worthwhile.

-------------

Posted By: Andy Tran
Date Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:45am
 That'd be awesome!

Date Posted: 06 April 2006 at 9:39pm
If I submitted something it would probably need to be re-written, im not a good writer :(

-------------
got game?

Date Posted: 10 April 2006 at 10:58pm
write it up anyways and I will certainly help edit and rework it.

-------------

Posted By: Shark
Date Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:03am
i would love to write articles, of course it will have to wait until exam
time is over.

-------------
Snark, we love yuu.

Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 6:22am
Well I always have the 4 GG articles at my site and the "how to make an icon" article you can use

http://www.foreverbroken.org/modules/articles/

have you guys thought of using xoops with one of their modules to make the magazine?

http://www.xoops.org

http://www.xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=95&o rderby=hitsD

-------------
got game?

Print Page | Close Window