Malor @ 4/24/2010 07:02 commented on ntsc test

I guess you could put the gird on a separate layer if your program supports different layers, and once you're done with the grid, delete the layer.. at least, that might work.

Malor @ 3/6/2010 21:38 commented on Helm 2 3 5 8

I think the pattern in the back of the.. erm 2 color square is a bit distracting, however the focus is still where it needs to be, so I guess it's not a huge issue, it just looks a bit strange. Regardless, it's very pretty.

Malor @ 2/11/2010 20:58 commented on Death Walks

That little flicker animation does wonderful things for the mood of the piece. At first, I was really upset that you hadn't polished up the halo bit, but now I think it's an effective way to concentrate focus around the face, and not distract the eye with fancy textures around it.. So, good thinking I suppose. If you'd like to make a tee shirt of that, and sell it to me, I will pay all shipping. xD

Malor @ 1/19/2010 18:25 commented on Total Assault

Nice. pretty fun to play too. I'd like to see the turret move with the direction in which you're currently shooting, but it was generally pretty fun

Malor @ 12/30/2009 12:25 commented on Floating island

Less colors aren't necessarily better than more. Originally, pixel art was used for games on older gaming consoles. At the time, computers could only process a certain number of colors, with strict guidlines. Because of this, pixel artists would have to use as few colors as possible, in order for the art to be compatible with the systems. Now, many pixel artists use as few colors as possible simply because it's "traditional" to do so, whether or not it's actually necessary. Also, it's important to note that color reduction doesn't simply mean using a very small amount of colors. Artists would use colors which could be used in multiple different settings, to maximize the value of each color and to get the best effect from the available colors.

This piece has promise, but I think it could use with some refining. I'd clean up the lines and bit, and maybe even look into some AA techniques. Again, it's not imperative that you use as few colors as possible, just use as many as you feel comfortable with, and as your skill grows your need for a lot of colors will diminish.

Malor @ 12/29/2009 17:11 commented on The Baddest Muthafucka

I saw this on christmas, and was in love. Not only is it funny, but it's very well done. Your rendering of the muscles in particular stands out to me. That, and how smooth you've managed to make it without any AA is impressive. A loveable style, and an even more loveable character. Fav'd of course, and now I need to go bathe, to get the filthy ass pat off of me.

Malor @ 12/29/2009 09:11 commented on Stuff (and junk)

12 is magnificent. Finish 3.

Malor @ 12/29/2009 09:08 commented on Revampd!

Thanks for the advice! D'you have a link for it?

Malor @ 12/29/2009 08:18 commented on Revampd!

@Zack: Yeah, I was worried I'd lost a bit too much of the character.

@Sharprm: That's something I've been struggling with, expressing texture without ruining the form.. It's tricksy.

@Smk: I know. I've been trying to smoothen it out, it's not getting much better. I'll keep working on it though.

Thanks for the comments :)

Malor @ 10/12/2009 04:01 commented on Trying Something New. . .

Tall pixels are exactly what they sound like.. they're pixels which occupy 2 "normal" pixel's hieght, while still having the width of one "normal" pixel.

Malor @ 9/7/2009 19:31 commented on Walk the dog

I'd like to see what this would be like once it's cleaned up a bit more, I'm sure it'll be pretty magnificent. :)

Malor @ 8/12/2009 09:39 commented on -The Raven-

Wow. You managed to convey the expression fantastically, despite the constraints faced by many artists, using pixels as a medium.. Very nice work.

Malor @ 8/5/2009 14:01 commented on Swagga

Thing is slick. Kudos.

Malor @ 5/19/2009 08:18 commented on QUEEN

This would hav easily gotten my vote for the challenge. I think the eyes look more sleepy than serene or sly, but this is really well done. Fav'd :)

Malor @ 3/5/2009 21:53 commented on Skaven Battle Line

Alrighty troll, back in your cage.

Malor @ 3/1/2009 16:22 commented on Mime and Punishment

clever. It's got my vote.

Malor @ 11/16/2008 19:17 commented on [BJ] H I T M A N
Really great stuff you've got here :) I would work on the high lights on the cloth, As they are a little jarring. Also, I do not think you have to justify yourself whether you did color reduce or not, while I don't believe that you did, it doesn't matter. The end result is effective, and the whole pixel puritan movement/mentality is rather silly.  If you have a technique which can be used to improve a piece, or make things quicker, go for it. After all, hatching and cross-hatching wouldn't exist if artists didn't have a need for a quicker end result... Eh I'm just ranting really. 6/6 and fav. :)

Malor @ 10/27/2008 14:15 commented on Blood cap
That totally wasn't there when I posted that. o.o

Malor @ 10/27/2008 14:14 commented on WARNING: RUNESCAPE CONTENT
How do you mean? I'm not saying I don't think this needs work, but could you give me an example of my volumes, so I can see what's wrong with them? Thanks for the comment :)

Malor @ 10/26/2008 20:14 commented on Blood cap
This reminds me of Helm's plotting for revenge piece. It's quite nice, 6/6 and fav'd. :)

Malor @ 10/19/2008 07:13 commented on Zombies!
Oh this definitely has my vote. 6/6 and fav'd. I'll try and come up with useful AA sometime.

Malor @ 10/4/2008 07:57 commented on twinkle
The subtle animation is a sweet touch.

Malor @ 9/2/2008 18:19 commented on Armed Face
The red AA, like big brother said.. begs for an explanation.

Malor @ 8/18/2008 06:16 commented on Olympic Pinball: Weight Lifting!
The entire piece could sue some AA, but other than that I really like this, nicely done 6/6 and fav'd.

Malor @ 8/6/2008 08:52 commented on fucbillgate's cat's face in blue
You could use the blue tones as AA, and take the AA a lot farther to really smoothen out the image.