mioscene @ 5/9/2018 00:59 commented on Robots, Droids, Mechs..

Awesome use of the palette and great robots!

mioscene @ 5/9/2018 00:47 commented on Original 151 Pokemon 8x8

Love these! You managed to pack so much detail into each of them!

mioscene @ 3/17/2018 01:06 commented on dragon

The texturing of this is gorgeous!

mioscene @ 3/12/2018 12:26 commented on Poo-chi

Very nice! And omg I had one of these!

mioscene @ 12/26/2017 21:19 commented on Secret Santa Express '17

I love the style, especially of the dithering! It gives it a fanastic atmosphere!

mioscene @ 12/26/2017 21:16 commented on Landscape - 001

Very pretty and very nice seeing the progress gif! I actually quite liked the rocky foreground from the earlier progress and thought "noooo" when you changed it up, but I can see why it might not have matched your intent for the piece! And either way the result is beautiful!

mioscene @ 11/17/2017 11:29 commented on Restless [New Soundtrack]

The atmosphere of this is great! I absolutely love the amount of detail and movement in it!

mioscene @ 9/25/2017 08:05 commented on Caves Tileset

Such a nice tileset! Though I agree with Parker that the character is a little hard to see.

mioscene @ 9/16/2017 20:56 commented on Lleice, The Huntress

Awesome sprite! Really love how much movement and details you fit in!

mioscene @ 10/22/2016 06:28 commented on Crowned

Well, my aim was pretty much paper-thin metal, but I do see what you mean! I'll try to make it look a bit thicker and more metallic!

mioscene @ 10/10/2016 19:50 commented on Under a Prairie Sky

Such a lovely atmosphere! I love the clusters in the grasses!

mioscene @ 10/9/2016 21:11 commented on Feathered

Thanks so much for the critique! :D I took a few things you said into account and made some changes! I probably still need to work on the colours a bunch but hehe, it's getting a bit too near the deadline.

mioscene @ 10/3/2016 18:58 commented on Rivina

It looks really cool! I think one problem with the legs is that they look like they're pointing a little too inward? With the direction her body is pointing, I think it might work better if her left leg was being veiwed at an angle closer to the one her right leg is being seen at!

mioscene @ 9/15/2016 05:15 commented on Catch of the Day

Thank you so much! I'm glad the glowing came out well!

mioscene @ 9/9/2016 10:05 commented on Updated coin

Very nice! I think you definitely did a great job at making it look unique!

mioscene @ 9/8/2016 10:18 commented on What a View!

I suppose what I meant was that I'm sure they didn't mean it to be offensive, even if it did end up coming off as that!

Creating small palletes is definitely a challenge with big pieces, but you're doing fine so far! I always find the near white and near black colours are easiest to reuse so that might help you in shrinking them further!

mioscene @ 9/7/2016 22:04 commented on Assets: Before and After

These are great updates! I really like the treasure chest! Maybe if you did end up keeping a single coin you could add something like ridges on the edge, or an unknown monarch's face? I don't think it'd have to be very detailed or anything but it could help with making it look fairly unique.

I think the old versions are quite cute too! If you don't want to remove them entirely you could put them at the original size somewhere else (I would suggest a book or cap, but I'm guessing that wouldn't work for the theme of the game) as a sort of easter egg?

mioscene @ 9/7/2016 21:58 commented on What a View!

Remember that this site is to improve so don't worry about critiques that seem a bit rude! It's all to help you get better, even if it seems a little mean!

I think it looks really nice! Like Ima, I think there are a few parts that could benifit from a little more work, like the pool underneath the fountain and the mountains. But as artists of course, there's no such thing as a stopping point so I think it's fine as it is! I love the tree and the sky but it feels a little like the colours from both of those are underused so perhaps if you were ever to revisit this you could try to reuse the colours in other parts of image!

mioscene @ 9/7/2016 00:29 commented on Starman! (EarthBound)

I saw your progress on the WIP board, and it's a great result!  I agree with Voltali that the outline has a few patches which look a little rough. I don't think it needs a full black outline, but perhaps using the darkest visor shades to shade the outlines might work better overall?

mioscene @ 9/5/2016 19:46 commented on Piercing Eyes

Thank you! I was definitely trying for interesting!