WreX @ 9/15/2021 05:01 commented on o : | : o

WreX @ 9/11/2021 04:30 commented on o : | : o

haha

WreX @ 5/27/2021 12:11 commented on Monolith

nice piece

WreX @ 5/4/2021 14:49 commented on Shepherd With a Flute

thank you , and also thanks for the CC , I think the lighter value was important to keep as it was to give it the contrast it has in the drapery as the original painting was composed , but I think your criticism is valid and that perhaps I should have used bigger clusters in some areas

WreX @ 5/2/2021 03:18 commented on El aquelarre

not sure if its a good place to start and talk about it , but I think it should be pretty obvious.

a dishonest method would be to trace , color reduce a picture , pick the colors straight from the picture instead of picking them your self and such methods ..

while an honest method (while working with a source from example) would be to observe it , draw the angles and proportions , and observe the source and try to pick the colors by sight.

those are pretty obvious standards for art in my opinion.

WreX @ 4/30/2021 14:14 commented on A Thousand Sunbirths

great drapery

WreX @ 4/28/2021 13:57 commented on El aquelarre

this has striked me as a bit suspicious , so I color reduced the original painting and compared it to your piece as you can see in this gif - (https://i.imgur.com/xsMEjkz.gif).

while I know that its possible to be very accurate to your source with certain methods of art (through honest methods) , in this case it seems to be too accurate for me to believe you made that in an honest method of art , it just seems refined.

WreX @ 4/19/2021 03:27 commented on org/d

----- -- -----

WreX @ 4/18/2021 07:48 commented on .~.~.~.~.

WreX @ 3/25/2021 06:21 commented on guilt

the concepts of your art are quite interesting , though  I don't completely understand them

WreX @ 3/22/2021 14:36 commented on Titan

nice piece ,  I like how the shape of the skull is visible

WreX @ 3/20/2021 11:46 commented on Ha Long Bay

fairly naturally realistic which is nice to see in pixel art

WreX @ 3/14/2021 02:06 commented on Horse-samurai

nice textures

WreX @ 3/10/2021 01:13 commented on Turntable

I don't think that this is fair for the rest of the contestants of this challenge , this is mainly 3D modeling skills which is implied into a pixel art contest

WreX @ 3/10/2021 01:02 commented on Hammer Slam

nice animation

WreX @ 3/4/2021 08:29 commented on XVII

WreX @ 3/4/2021 08:28 commented on XVII

WreX @ 3/4/2021 08:27 commented on XVII

thanks , the original drawing is not really a sepia but the pixel art version does seem like on

WreX @ 3/3/2021 07:46 commented on April O'Neil

I don't think that there is any thing wrong with using a reference for animation as I said , or art in general ( I do that very often myself).

though as you described in some examples of animation styles , I do not think it is good when people trace over models in order to animate , I suppose in films its legitimate though it makes them less "artistic" through that process , but in a piece of art I do not think that tracing a model is a great thing to do , even if it is just for the general shape.

I might have just misunderstood you from the description though , if so it is my mistake.

WreX @ 3/3/2021 06:59 commented on The Woman with the Hourglass Pendant

nice work on the face & hair

WreX @ 3/3/2021 06:47 commented on Kingdom Death 2D: Flower Knight (2015/2016)

great details and animation

WreX @ 3/3/2021 02:31 commented on April O'Neil

from what I understood I thought he traced over different views of a 3D frame , if so I feel that there is not really a process of "creating" the animation , because even with the 3D model there is no need to animate it but just rotate.

though if I misunderstood and all he did was using it as a reference , then I see nothing wrong with that.

WreX @ 3/3/2021 00:02 commented on April O'Neil

I am not much of an animator myself , but is it not cheating to use a 3D model for the frames ?

WreX @ 2/27/2021 08:21 commented on Shores of Kalos Limen

nice piece , I like the light on the water and how the water connects with the land

WreX @ 2/18/2021 13:57 commented on Shambler (Quake)

nice colors as usual