Minakie @ 12/10/2016 16:46 commented on "Slender" stamp

I had uploaded the preview image twice by mistake.

Minakie @ 11/29/2016 01:30 commented on "Graduation" stamp

I already fixed the font but my life is a mess at the moment so I don't know when I'll have the time to fix this piece or any of the others. All the things I uploaded (and will upload the next few days) into pixel joint are old piece, I don't have many chances to make new content or improve my old one.

But it is something I want to do when I can. I do love my pixels and I want to learn how to be better at pixel art. Right now I think the pillow shading is one of my biggest issues so I will do some more research on how to do proper shading. Maybe something clicks this time (my brain just doesn't seem to process all the light source thing).

Also, what does AA stand for? Anti-aliasing? That's another thing I really need to check. I never came across the term before joining Pixel Joint and I have no idea what it is.

Minakie @ 11/28/2016 03:04 commented on "Graduation" stamp

Yes, you're right about that. It's an old stamp and back then I didn't make my own fonts or at least use pixel fonts. I can definitely fix up that font now.

The problem is I have no idea how I managed to save that stamp as .gif without messing up the colors. If I try to remake it with the programs I have now, all the colors will be jambled as soon as I save as .gif format. Same for the animation, I'm still learning how to animate with the software I have now.

Edit: Never mind. File updated.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 12:22 commented on Key

I love how there are tiny keys splitting from the main key. It's such a nice detail. :)

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:41 commented on Race You To the Top

This is such an impressive piece. The miniature is amazing and it stays amazing as you zoom in. I feel jealous of your dithering skills.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:38 commented on Jogging

I like this piece, it looks alive. It's almost as if the figure is going to come out of the canvas and run towards us.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:38 commented on Smile

That's a very creative use of tentacles. I think the paintbrush cable looks a bit like a pen though, because it has the same width all across. Also, if it had more than one color (most paintbrushes have a silver end next to the brush and then either a black or a wooden cable) it could also help making it look a bit less like a pen. The brush itself looks quite nice though, as does the ink splatter.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:29 commented on Tentacle sword

Quite an interesting way to use a tentacle.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:21 commented on Vendetta

The use of colors is as amazing as the shading used. This piece is impressive.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:18 commented on Nouveau Sisters

I think the bottom part of the dresses could use some shading 'cause right now it feels like an empty canvas compared to the rest of the piece, which has far more detail.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:11 commented on Super Mario Wasteland

I really like this piece. It feels like a remake of the original game but in a more futuristic era or an alternate reality. And I love how complex it is. It has a lot of small details and different things to look at.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:08 commented on Super ISO Bros: The Other Side

I really like the concept, as well as the 3D feel this piece gives.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:07 commented on Industrial 1-1

I really like the choice of colors in this piece, as well as the futuristic vision of it.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:02 commented on Link's treasures

This piece is pretty impressive. When you zoom in you can actually see the pixel shading, but the miniature version looks so realistic I think it could almost pass as a photograph.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 11:00 commented on still life

I'm not sure if the shadows are in the right places, especially on the apples, 'cause properly shading according to a light source is by far my biggest weakness when it comes to pixel art. Still, I really like this piece and I love the light effect detail on the right side of the candle.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:57 commented on still life with skull

I really like the colors used on this piece. I don't really know about the light source or shadows though, that sort of stuff is my own personal weakness. I can't really evaluate something I can't do myself.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:52 commented on Pineapple

I think having 3 spotlights feels like you over did it a bit. Maybe just one of them would've been enough. I really like the pineapple.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:51 commented on Vanitas

I'm not much of a fan of monochromatic pieces, but this is pretty well done.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:46 commented on HMS Chamberlain

What I like the most about this piece is the vibrant colors.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:44 commented on Black ship

I'm not an expert in spaceships, so I can't really evaluate the design, but it's pretty impressive that this piece was made using only 5 colors.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:41 commented on Retro Spaceship (Old Fish)

I think the only thing I'd change would be to make the background either black or really dark blue to contrast more with the color of the spaceship.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:39 commented on AM research spaceship

This piece is pretty well made. The only thing that could maybe make it better would be some more shading.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:36 commented on Lava Kitty

This piece looks like it was taken straight out of a game. :)

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:35 commented on Fish Out Of Water

I really llike this piece. It feels as if the fish is actually swimming.

Minakie @ 11/24/2016 10:34 commented on How did I get here?

I like that you included that little animation. It gives another meaning to the piece.