Monsi @ 2/12/2017 09:07 commented on Delicious Blue Apple

Loving the sword ^^

Monsi @ 2/11/2017 16:57 commented on Delicious Blue Apple

Neat palette ^^

Monsi @ 2/11/2017 16:56 commented on Mayan/Aztec Tileset

Can I follow you yet? ^^

Monsi @ 2/11/2017 16:54 commented on beached dragon

The circle of life done this :)

Monsi @ 2/11/2017 16:52 commented on Palisade

To me it doesn't seem cold, but a wonderful atmosphere regardless^^

Monsi @ 2/11/2017 16:51 commented on Fantasy Icons

I love the gem and the sword^^

Monsi @ 2/4/2017 07:03 commented on Mayan/Aztec Tileset

do you have a twitter or someplace you upload wips?

Monsi @ 2/4/2017 07:01 commented on Gem Spire

I love it

Monsi @ 1/30/2017 07:34 commented on +hp

So much to take in! Okay x100 ^^

I will add some refraction to the bottom because I think it looks too bland, and I'll just take your advice on the top lighting. However, when viewed at 1x your example has some readability issues in the bottom right corner. Kinda looks like there's a chunk missing with my harsh lighting transition. The glint makes enhances this weirdness?

Monsi @ 1/30/2017 05:59 commented on +hp

Thanks! Yes, it's meant to sort of bubble up from within. I will need a couple of animations for various increment amounts though. And then I'll have to just subtly raise the animation up or down a few pixels to close the gap between the sizes.

Thanks for taking the time to show me what you mean! I like the idea of changing the glass reflection at the top, but it kinda looks like a mistake with only 1 pixel? What if we did more. I also like the lighting at the bottom, but don't entirely understand why it's there. Is it the light reflecting off the gold?

And as for the color change, I'm not sure. I feel like more contrast would be better, because although weaker colors are more pleasing to the eye, they seem to get boring faster (imo anyway). Also I'd say the health bar is quite important, and therefore deserves more prominence.

Monsi @ 1/30/2017 04:34 commented on Flash Game Mockup

I love the background more than anything else. The sign looks a little out of place though

Monsi @ 1/30/2017 04:32 commented on Mech

kinda is an understatement friend

Monsi @ 1/30/2017 04:32 commented on +hp

thanks^^

Monsi @ 1/29/2017 15:47 commented on Experiment

need some more of this

Monsi @ 1/29/2017 15:45 commented on Mayan/Aztec Tileset

This is awesome, wow. As strong as the palette is, I feel like it needs some more color? Maybe playing this for an hour would get boring. Maybe also making more of the blocks seamless, like those top bricks? I really do like the variety throughout though, you've done well with the lighting. Those skulls really pop

Monsi @ 1/19/2017 16:42 commented on land of the giraffe

just noticed this only has 4 colors, that's awesome^^

Monsi @ 1/12/2017 09:00 commented on Save us

nice colors

Monsi @ 1/12/2017 08:57 commented on MazeThing (Game Mockup)

looks so cool but the coins appear to jump on the loop

Monsi @ 1/12/2017 08:55 commented on Tree Sprite

it might sell but not as well as if it looked good^^

Monsi @ 1/12/2017 08:51 commented on Abandoned Cottage

to be honest, I'm kind of stuck for ideas for things to add. What else could be there without making it look cluttered?

I agree there should be more shadows on the snow, but I will be moving towards block based terrain, so there will be some more just in the design.

I'm not sure how to add more contrast without just boosting the palette, which to me feels very delicately balanced and I'm scared to destroy that. Adding a dark lip on the nearest corner would not be accurate, because it would not be darker there. If anything it would be a transition color between the light and the darker.

How does one add light at the end of a shadow? Thank you very much for the feedback, by the way^^

Monsi @ 1/12/2017 08:47 commented on Radio tower

Monsi @ 12/30/2016 03:04 commented on Rotating Drone

you could make the orb wobble

Monsi @ 12/30/2016 02:55 commented on Nothung

that's a nice sword

Monsi @ 12/29/2016 16:53 commented on Radio tower

a keen eye ;) I'm not settled entirely on what weapons would be in, but what I really would love is a fantasty building scheme, where guns are randomly spawned from parts which can be swapped to improve performance and stats.