[platypus] @ 4/20/2008 06:33 commented on My Overdone Avatar
Simply brilliant!
I like your avatar even more than this picture. That 'flatten/stretched' look, and those mad eyes... :D

[platypus] @ 4/20/2008 06:23 commented on SkeleHarp WIP stages
This picture is amazing. In my opinion the final picture counts, not the method used. That is only a matter of consciousness. (In my very honest opinion, I think you have created this piece according to the 'rules'  of this site and pixelart in general.

I love your palettes, although I'm not a big fan of your style. (Don't get me wrong, they're technically marvellous, I just don't like the images.) I was wondering, could you give some pointers to a beginner pixelartist as myself. Mainly I'd like to know, how do you choose your palette, especially in the low-colour-count pictures?

[platypus] @ 2/24/2008 10:28 commented on Everybody with everything.
I know no one can see the picture in its original size. I just wanted to make characters with very few pixels. I think I managed quite well in creating various personalities. The women are quite dull, but I made a greater bust to miss Scarlett compared to the other women  =D. My personal favourite is the priest.

[platypus] @ 2/10/2008 12:20 commented on Trapped
I think we have a winner here.

[platypus] @ 11/25/2007 09:41 commented on Simon and his too small house.
Forgot to put my inspiration aids here :D THIS AND THIS

[platypus] @ 11/25/2007 08:52 commented on Simon and his too small house.
Thanks, I had to hurry a bit, and I don't think I could have done much more to it. I'm a learner, but I think mine is the only one at the moment, with a clear plot.

[platypus] @ 11/25/2007 08:24 commented on Simon the Mouse
You're not even trying. The fact that there's not much entries doesn't mean that you could enter with this one. Are you really serious?

[platypus] @ 11/20/2007 08:54 commented on Park Dweller
If there's text in the comic, can it be written with normal fonts, or does it have to pixellated?

[platypus] @ 11/19/2007 13:29 commented on Park Dweller
I'll try to turn this comic into something macabre. We'll see what comes out.

[platypus] @ 11/19/2007 11:24 commented on Stoffen and Boris Super Dinosaur Comic Adventure Animation
Too bad the clitaurus seems to be extinct along with the other sauruses :D To most men, at least I suppose. Great comic. The long neck seems a bit odd in the last picture. 4/5 for the graphics, the joke makes it a 5/5.

[platypus] @ 11/19/2007 11:01 commented on Park Dweller
The poem was quite boring to be made as a comic, but after reading it over and over agin, I finally came up with an idea. I'll definitely be joining this one. >:|

[platypus] @ 11/15/2007 10:34 commented on Goblin Priest
There's a pretty big leap in your WIP. Great picture! Reminds me of Warcraft I and II. I'll give it a 4/5

[platypus] @ 11/14/2007 09:21 commented on Target scanned!
I thought it would fit into the 'fantasy self-portrait'-theme. I will make a new one, that suits better to to the challenge.
What do you mean by colouring it better? The scan pictures in old movies have only few colours. and as the picture is only 64x64, I don't see a reason to colour it more..

[platypus] @ 11/13/2007 08:21 commented on Flame on!
He's holding it behind the other. The hip is in diagonal position, and the upper body kinda faces forwards. I also forgot to make the gasoline bottles. How's that flamethrower going to work now? :D

[platypus] @ 11/11/2007 01:47 commented on Strawberryan
Hate be the one to complain again, but strawberry is not a fruit nor vegetable.

[platypus] @ 11/8/2007 10:37 commented on Musashroom
Great picture. However, the head was supposed to be a fruit or a vegetable, and a mushroom is neither.

[platypus] @ 11/6/2007 12:02 commented on Thung Two
I didn't say I was unable, but there is a difference between 10 usable colours and 9 + background colour. Thanks for the answer though.

[platypus] @ 11/5/2007 11:12 commented on Thung Two
Few questions:
-Is the transparency a 'must', or just allowed?
-Can the character be fully a vegetable or a fruit, or just the head.

[platypus] @ 11/4/2007 05:24 commented on born undead