The B.O.B. @ 6/25/2021 17:34 commented on Kitty

Looks great, I really like the soft touches. Now, I know it's meant to be stylized, but the tiger's right arm/leg seems kinda' short and wonky to me. It's the only thing that throws it off for me, with the entire piece in consideration. Otherwise, I really enjoy it!

The B.O.B. @ 6/6/2021 14:49 commented on Summer ( pixel art nouveau)

Great form, but I do feel like the saturation of the skin tones is a bit much. Even when reviewing some of Mucha's works, they don't feel as brightly neon-ish as something like this. I'd probably tone the palette down just a smidge, but that's me.

*edit* also, happy to see you post something here once again, Ryumaru, it's been ages!

The B.O.B. @ 5/28/2021 16:34 commented on Morrigan Hi-res sprite test

The character and lines look clean. The only problem is I don't think it captures the feeling of what the original's intent was. The original's animated idle was more of a slower motion of the hands, as if to bedazzle or glamour her victim with slow and graceful motions. However, the animation here is too fast paced, almost as if she's out on a hot summer's day and is attempting to cool down, unsuccessfully....or she's eaten a really spicy dish...

The B.O.B. @ 5/18/2021 21:38 commented on It's Payback Time!

Fantastic, I loved playing this game on the Sega Genesis. I always picked the Wolf with the flame thrower or explodey-punch. I like the little touch of the flop on the ear of wolf character on the run loop. Great stuff!

The B.O.B. @ 4/1/2021 15:11 commented on BRK_BSTR Cover

lol, very humbled, sir, looks great!

The B.O.B. @ 2/23/2021 21:56 commented on Fantasy Battle

I'll echo Imagician's sentiments; the picture is great, but we're meant to focus on 3 subjects here, aside from the background, the third(the hero in the middle) is hidden among the yellow/green hues of the monster/villain. Maybe assigning the hero with the sword in the middle his own personal color highlights here and there(nothing that stands out too much), with just enough to show some separation between the two(hard to say if red or blue would be better, as it's saturated with cool colors and the blue sea around the fray, and the girl already has the pink/red assignment).

Also, the foreshortening on the right hand of the monster seems a bit wonky to me. I think resizing it just a bit smaller would fit the depth the character is meant to be in.

Aside from that, fun piece!

The B.O.B. @ 12/13/2020 21:44 commented on Bee Knight 2

I love the improvement from the original, but a bee is such a colorful insect that this piece's overall quality is hurt terribly by the greyscale.

The B.O.B. @ 11/15/2020 03:52 commented on The Royal Pardon (collaboration)

Ahh yes, masochistic animation, the thing I live for! Great work!

If there's any constructive criticism I could add, I would only tweak the monster to float up and down ever so slightly, rather than remain static in position in mid-air. Other than that, I love all the little details and weirdness of it all.

ps - the sea/wave animation is lovely and I appreciate the level of dedication to it.

The B.O.B. @ 6/16/2020 09:25 commented on Six Fanarts Challenge - pack 3

Always give love for The Maxx. Great job!

The B.O.B. @ 10/23/2019 22:23 commented on Dragon Jungle Transition

It looks Wonderful! I'd mainly add that the landscapes in the background seem to retain the same amount of vibrancy and brightness as the foreground objects, causing loss of depth. I think dimming the colors a bit and removing some of the details would make scene and depth sit better, in my opinion. For example, the top still, where the little waterfalls and cliffs are, it blends too well into the broken wall in the foreground, that the eye doesn't immediately distinguish the two as being on separate planes.

Otherwise, I still like the little details and animations. Great job!

The B.O.B. @ 8/18/2019 13:33 commented on Yahweh vs. Leviathan

"As for my own religion, I'm an atheist (outside of family reunions)."

Really? I remember having conversations with you 3-5 years ago in the PJ forums over the topic of religion, and coulda' swore you were taking up the side of Christianity back then when me and some others were more on the Atheistic side of things. Was this a recent change after years of thought, or have you always been Atheist? Just curious, as it's always interesting to see an individual's point of view when/if there is such a shift of ideological point of view.

Either way, it's probably rude to pry and don't mean to egg you on or anything. I always enjoy your work. I don't have as much time to pixel as I'd like, but I have been doodling myself and hope to submit some junk in the future to shake the cobwebs off. Keep at it, Logan, always inspired by your work!

The B.O.B. @ 8/18/2019 02:18 commented on Yahweh vs. Leviathan

Always interesting to see how much knowledge you hold with the subject of the Abrahamic religion. I find the details of this item in particularly interesting not in the piece, but in the artist; if I recall correctly, I remember you being an admitted Christian of sorts, yet the history represented here seems to indicate some admittance that there was some influence from the polytheistic gods of old and forgotten times which the Abrahamic god came about.

I guess the real question is, if a person or artist can see such a possible point of origin which directly conflicts with the figurehead's dogmatic belief system(one major one being, "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me", Exodus 20:2 and Deuteronomy 5:6 ), what else is possibly keeping that person to remain inside such a belief system?

From an outsider's perspective, I just find it odd. Curiously engaging, of course, but it feels like a individual conundrum. This and the Confederate flag and culture thing I've always found odd. This is no means a gotcha' moment, nor do I mean ill-will with it as I've just always found these ideals in people a bit curious. Either way, I've always enjoyed your aesthetic, Logan, and hope you keep pixeling till the end!

The B.O.B. @ 7/4/2019 17:41 commented on 198X : Beat them up Hero

Looks great! I can definitely see the sprite influences from prior fighting games, like Garou(the kicks from Kim Dong Hwan, punches from Rock Howard, and even a bit of Akuma/Ryu). If anything, I think the upper body has odd changes of mass during some of these moves. When he does the kicks, his chest/upper body get small, but when he's walking, his upper body becomes a bit more bulkier than his idle or other poses would otherwise indicate.

Either way, looks cool as a whole, and I'm sure no one would sweat the small details.

The B.O.B. @ 3/9/2017 17:00 commented on Tekken 5: 2d collectors edition

Ha! Sorry about that man, heh...

The B.O.B. @ 3/8/2017 03:55 commented on Ninja animation test!

The constant sliding foot(his right) simply isn't working, in my opinion. It makes the sprite seem more jittery than it needs to be. I understand this style may have been the original intention with the sliding foot, but it seems impractical in reality, as a person's fighting stance tends to rely on steadiness and balance.

In other words, it's the baseline and starting point of movement for a particular style. If a person's foot is constantly sliding during his basic stance and he's caught sliding when an opponent attacks quickly or by surprise, it makes it difficult for that person to evade with such an wreckless stance.

The B.O.B. @ 11/10/2016 03:51 commented on Big Bird

@Zizka: no, I don't believe this site nor pixelation 'require' any type of donation. However, any help towards the pixel community is appreciated.

The B.O.B. @ 11/10/2016 03:48 commented on Big Bug's Jump

No problem at all.

As far as the piece goes, I like the motion blur, but it looks as though you used a rotation tool of some sort for the main body when it's going up and down, as there are random pixels in different places. Though it can be monotonous, sometimes clean-up after using any sort of auto-rotation/tool can help polish the piece to look much smoother and better.

The B.O.B. @ 11/9/2016 13:14 commented on Big Bird

@Larwick: Oh man, that sucks. :(...He was one of the original members here. Sorry to hear he's gone and I wish those close to him well. My condolences...

The B.O.B. @ 11/9/2016 13:10 commented on Big Bird

@Cure: I hear you. I didn't like either candidate, as both don't represent most of my interests. DNC and RNC(or GOP, whatever silly acronym people want to go with these days) are both a blatant problem in my eyes and create uneeded schisms that benefit a select few in the end. This may seem counterproductive, but I have a feeling the best way to combat this in the end is to not vote at all, as contraversial as that sounds. It seems drastic, but in my opinion, the message it sends is powerful enough.

To put it bluntly, the popular vote is all for show. The electoral collegiates are the one who voted in dum-dum in the end. It was preset by allegiances/pledges to certain parties prior(though they aren't always obligatory). The popular vote largely doesn't affect presidencies and vice-presidency positions. Other positions on the ticket, maybe, but not what most people are led to think. At most, the popular vote mainly serves as a statistic for the two parties to gauge where they need to rally for more support the next elections in the coming years.

That is why I feel voting in a presidency is worthless to people. It's statistical/real-time data gathering for us. If anyone argues otherwise, than ask yourself why there are 'swing-states' and why candidates tend to throw rallies there, rather than other states that historically vote a particular way? Ask yourself why the goal is to hit '270' votes, rather than meet voter registration max/quanties? For as much power as electoral college members have, ask yourself if you've ever known one name of the electoral college who made that vote for you in your state, without looking it up on the internet. Just one....chances are you don't know(maybe you or some do, but I think it can be argued the average American has no clue). This is the problem and voting red or blue, dnc or rnc; it simply serves different means to the same ends.

The B.O.B. @ 11/9/2016 11:37 commented on Big Bird

Being a U.S. citizen, this all kinda' sucks right now. I didn't think people would be this crazy to do it, but they did. Oh well, hopefully it'll be a quick 4 years, before the guy is evicted from the whitehouse. The positive of this, in my opinion, is this finally shines a light on the frailty of two party politics and how both can eventually lead us to a terrible position. I just wish people would stop thinking in the red vs blue mentality, or the other candidate is way worse than ours, so I'll stick with the lesser of two evils(in their mind, that is). My suggestion is how about you don't vote for either 'evil'?

Either way, what's done is done. I'm just one guy, man. I'll just keep focusing on making pixel art animations, try to remain positive in life, and repeat the mantra of a classic line from from a classic cartoon: "But did you notice something, Charlie Brown? The world didn't come to an end."

The B.O.B. @ 11/9/2016 11:26 commented on Rocks

Looks great. Hope to see the finished piece someday.

The B.O.B. @ 11/9/2016 11:25 commented on Big Bug's Jump

I think you put the preview file in the detail file as well when you submitted this, by mistake...

The B.O.B. @ 6/2/2016 20:35 commented on The Cap socks Hitler!

*drops to knees*

No! It can't be! It isn't true!!!

The B.O.B. @ 12/3/2015 20:04 commented on KICK!

...how the heck are his arms bending that way when he leans to the ground?

The B.O.B. @ 10/22/2015 14:14 commented on Egomonkey - Run

Back view run seems to bounce less than the other angles/animations.