Max Marshall @ 10/3/2014 02:26 commented on Vehicles!

Hi Jalonso, cheers. I'll ping you closer to release and find out what you need for a news item then. It would be nice to get featured on the site in some way. Cheers.

Max Marshall @ 9/17/2014 13:02 commented on Little Bobafett

Hey hey, I made the top ten (just about). Great!

Max Marshall @ 9/2/2014 07:04 commented on I am Groot!

It's in the title :)

Max Marshall @ 8/24/2014 03:34 commented on Ft.Furey

Thanks

Max Marshall @ 8/23/2014 11:39 commented on Enranged Toy Machine

Lovely work. Nice one.

Max Marshall @ 8/20/2014 01:18 commented on Fighters!

Thanks Pixelart Kid.

Max Marshall @ 8/19/2014 12:33 commented on Fighters!

Thanks for your comment. You're right they're quite similar to those characters you mentioned. These are just samples of the variations we got from the set of base sprites to create the custom characters, though.  The style is very KOF. I was trying to achieve the SNK look when I was working on these.

Max Marshall @ 8/17/2014 10:35 commented on Piggies

Thanks folks!

Max Marshall @ 8/15/2014 13:43 commented on Piggies

Hi Hawk. Thanks, I'm happy that you like the sprites. I'm putting a lot of love into them.

I'll take it as a complement that the screenshot reminds you so much of STF. It's an awesome game and a great modern pixel art style in my opinion. It's certainly not a deliberate copy, but I'm sure on some level I'm quite inspired by its art style.

However, the gameplay of Aporkalypse Now will be nothing like STF. It'll be a very touch screen based game with (what we consider to be) a unique take on a popular play genre. We're actually hoping to bring something new to the table. A very twitch based play experience that works within the limitations of the interface. We don't want to reveal too much right now as it is still in the early stages of development, but I think it will please a lot of gamers.

I peronally don't think a run and gun game like STF (with or without the rewind mechanic) could work well on a touch screen phone. Generally run and gun games lose something with the lack of tactile feedback. The most successful attempt at it that I've seen is Apocalpyse Max on iPhone & iPad. It's actually worth checking out if you haven't already.

Cheers!

Max Marshall @ 8/15/2014 05:26 commented on Piggies

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and useful feedback!

Max Marshall @ 8/15/2014 00:48 commented on Piggies

I can't really say too much about the game play just yet since we're quite early in development, but it's safe to say there will be a lot of running and gunning :)

Max Marshall @ 8/15/2014 00:44 commented on Piggies

Thanks

Max Marshall @ 10/16/2012 02:43 commented on Boxer Sprite

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

Max Marshall @ 2/25/2008 01:34 commented on Shadow Blob
Thanks for spotting that Sapphire, fixed it now. Lucky for me it wasn't on all 111 frames :p

Max Marshall @ 1/31/2008 15:59 commented on In a middle of nowhere
There is a stray pixel in the transparent space outside the water, it's below and left of the viking ship...

...thats just not good enough Fool

Max Marshall @ 1/28/2008 13:41 commented on In a middle of nowhere
Wow! This is absolutely amazing!

Max Marshall @ 6/7/2007 03:36 commented on Jump like a bitch
you shouldn't have both his feet leave the ground at the same time, one should leave the ground first and the same foot should probably hit the ground before the other one too when he lands

Max Marshall @ 3/11/2007 15:32 commented on Tesla Zeppelins attack!
This rocks!!

Max Marshall @ 3/8/2007 08:32 commented on The Tower
That's pretty sweet dude!

Max Marshall @ 2/25/2007 06:16 commented on Year of the donkey
That is sweet, nice work man!

Max Marshall @ 2/7/2007 10:55 commented on Knighttopus
Hey nice work, the animation looks fairly solid and smooth. My only critique would be that there is a massive loss in volume on his tentacles in the jump and attack part of his animation, they seem to get thinner and shorter.

(He is an octopus though, which can contort and contract it's body in numerous ways because he has no bones so you could probably say that my point is moot )

Max Marshall @ 2/6/2007 08:43 commented on avatar
This is pretty sweet, I likey a lot...

Max Marshall @ 2/1/2007 17:51 commented on Phiona Game Mock-up
I love it! The Palette is really nice. Sort, Kinda, reminds me of Flashback . (and splinter cell on mobile)

Max Marshall @ 2/14/2006 02:24 commented on Jerry Only
Looks cool, I likey

Max Marshall @ 2/9/2006 02:53 commented on Noeleen
Thanks for all the feed back guys, Monsoon 2D that is brilliant and really helpful, I reckon that I'll learn a good bit from that, thanks. There is a lot I need to learn about AA and dithering. And Big Brother, I think that you have a very good point there, I think I'll do something about that before I show it to her, lol.

Thanks Guys, I'll try the forum next time.
Max