ProgZmax @ 12/1/2010 15:20 commented on Find the Halfling

Very nice.  YOU HAVE MY FAVE.

ProgZmax @ 9/17/2010 18:31 commented on In Mech we trust

This is great.  The characters in particular have loads of personality for iso.  The only problem I have is the heel of the right foot on the mech; something just looks 'off' about it, like it's a wing or something flat without depth.  Other than that I really like what you've done here with the shapes and colors. 5/5, pally.

ProgZmax @ 9/15/2010 23:25 commented on He of the Black Flame

If I had to nitpick I'd say the symmetry/shape of the sharp chin and jaw horns throw off the piece a bit, but this is a seriously mean looking fellow so I'll just say great work!

ProgZmax @ 9/15/2010 23:21 commented on 8 Color Club Faces

The colors and clean shapes really set this apart, and the trick you did with the hidden image was clever as hell.

Brilliant work.

ProgZmax @ 9/15/2010 23:08 commented on Consider The Lilies

There are some really interesting color choices here (like the green shade on the skeleton) that I wouldn't have considered using but look very effective in this piece.  Really solid work, all around!

ProgZmax @ 9/8/2010 18:11 commented on Dress Sense

Great use of color and detail here, and the costume selector is excellent.  My only issue is with the strange animation choice for the character; he seems to be wobbling around purely for animation's sake rather than in any natural, idle-animation sort of way.  I don't think this 'hurts' anything, it just appears as a bit of a distraction to me is all.  Great stuff, in any case!

ProgZmax @ 9/6/2010 17:01 commented on 16 Bit Unit

The names are, at times, tough to read because of the letter arrangment but aside from that I quite love this.

ProgZmax @ 9/6/2010 16:57 commented on Roman Soldier

You know you've done a good job when:

I instantly thought of Settlers BEFORE reading your explanation.  Nice work!

ProgZmax @ 9/5/2010 01:35 commented on Buddy Cthulhu

This is incredibly awesome.  I love the color choice and the detail on the waves in particular. 5/5 bro.

ProgZmax @ 9/5/2010 01:31 commented on Owls and Crocodiles and Bears-Oh My!

These are extremely cute, and the butt-chin on the alligator totally sells him as a character.  The feather shading is also a great example of the beauty of color simplicity.  Good stuff!

ProgZmax @ 10/9/2009 04:15 commented on Warrior

Brilliant use of shades and a nice color selection here.  I wish I could see something, even a vague shadow of a hideous face, in the recesses of the helmet, though.

ProgZmax @ 9/29/2009 14:13 commented on PIXEL COWBOY Metaru

I love the animation.  The only thing I noticed is that when he lowers the zapper, one of the orange pixels near the midsection strangely disappears and then pops in again when the frame shifts back, which is a bit distracting.  It's certainly nothing major, though.  Great work!

ProgZmax @ 4/4/2009 08:22 commented on LB-RPG Portraits 2

Some of the colors look a bit dark on my monitor, especially the smoke and the halfling/dwarf hair shades, but they have great expressions and look like they would work well as portraits.  5/5

ProgZmax @ 4/4/2009 08:16 commented on Fleshtone practice

Since you're working on fleshtones, I won't comment on the anatomy.  As far as the colors go, I think the skin highlight is a bit too bright (maybe bring down the red slightly) and the lack of shading to bring out the natural shapes make her look a bit flat.  The left leg/buttock in particular suffer from this, but I think if you apply some of your midtones to 'flesh out' the shapes you'll have a very respectable piece of work (not that it isn't already good)!

ProgZmax @ 4/4/2009 08:08 commented on Blizzard BZ A920

Sounds great!

ProgZmax @ 2/23/2009 13:15 commented on battle ship with its fitting

Very nice.  I'm a fan of double-wide style so I like what you've done here.  About the only issue I see is some of the shading seems a bit off, like on that metal hook in front and the lower fin.  Otherwise I think it's great!

ProgZmax @ 2/12/2009 18:55 commented on Peanuts Gals
Hah this is great.  It's weird how Marcie seems more 'butch' than Peppermint Pattie, though.

ProgZmax @ 2/12/2009 18:43 commented on SOTB4 mockup
I guess it depends on which game you wanted to match visually, since all three have differences.  One thing that 2 and 3 did was to have (inconsistent) black outlines on the enemy sprites, and all three made significant use of dithering with messy trees and such.  Personally, I think what you've done here looks better than the series you're emulating :).

ProgZmax @ 2/12/2009 09:16 commented on Robot wants to play

I KNEW I recognized this from irc!  I'm glad you finally finished it, old boy.

It's brilliant.

ProgZmax @ 2/10/2009 05:42 commented on Temporary Relaxation
Wonderful shading, and this got one of my votes.  Great work!

ProgZmax @ 2/10/2009 00:43 commented on A Dragon and His Princess
The dragon's eye is a bit hard to see but I love the rest of it.  Really well done!

ProgZmax @ 2/10/2009 00:41 commented on Magentor Cerebraktxz
This is great, ptoing.  He looks like a comic book supervillain.  MAGENTOR!

ProgZmax @ 2/9/2009 02:41 commented on I found this under your bed.
This is brilliant, and after seeing all the other entries I must say this one has earned my vote.

ProgZmax @ 2/9/2009 02:39 commented on Clownarella
I don't really think this dithering style suits smooth skin very well (makes it look pocky or pitted) but The amount of detail you've invested here and color usage alone merits a maximum rating from me!

ProgZmax @ 2/9/2009 02:36 commented on SOTB4 mockup
This is very nice and I especially like the colors and shading approach you used with the tree and plant.  It doesn't really evoke a 'Shadow of the Beast' vibe for me, though, which is alright as long as you're more interested in asserting your art style than mimicking another.  One thing that does look odd to me is the placement of her left arm.  The fact that it's a different color than her right, combined with not being able to see her left shoulder makes it look like it's jutting out of her chest.  I would recommend either angling her just enough to show the shoulder or lowering the left arm enough to see it bending out from below her cleavage.  I like the overall presentation and would certainly play something like this, so well done!