fkbm @ 1/11/2021 15:01 commented on Cuphead Game Boy

King Dice is doable if you do some nifty switching with the background layer and the window layer. :D

fkbm @ 12/8/2020 04:55 commented on Arrow Cursor

OK Will do it now. Looks nicer that way too. Is it OK if I have labels under them, so if one wants one can crop the image? :)

Thanks again for the hints! :D

fkbm @ 12/8/2020 04:53 commented on Watermelon Pot

After reading the rules again, I resubmitted the correct files. I am so sorry that I had forgotten those rules.

fkbm @ 12/8/2020 03:37 commented on Mine Wars (C64 Hires)

Lovely work! :D

Should this game exist it'd be quite the achievement both graphically and pushing the hardware to its limits :D.

fkbm @ 8/29/2018 23:48 commented on Retro Mockup - Castle of Illusion

Very nice! They look awesome! :)

fkbm @ 8/2/2018 06:48 commented on MC set items

Very nice! :)

fkbm @ 8/2/2018 06:47 commented on Retro Mockup - Asterix

Very beautiful! :) They're quite close to the original yet so much better :D

Of course we're also talking about a higher colour range. :)

fkbm @ 8/2/2018 06:45 commented on Retro Mockup - Castle of Illusion

Are you doing these from memory? They're very cute and quite faithful.

Sega Master System, right?

fkbm @ 7/5/2018 13:38 commented on Aphrodite

Very beautiful work!

As a rule of the thumb, don't upload anything for the challenge on a Monday. That's when the challenges switch.

fkbm @ 5/28/2018 12:56 commented on Leyla

Such a beautiful creation! :)

fkbm @ 5/22/2018 11:00 commented on Tiny Tank

I found it difficult to then choose the colours that I needed to apply. I think I'm quite lowsy on palettes. I really need to exercise more. :) Thanks for the insight mykar!

fkbm @ 5/20/2018 23:47 commented on Jeremy's Crocodile

Beautiful!

fkbm @ 5/9/2018 00:09 commented on Endless cavern mockups

OMFG... Looking from “afar” I hadn't really noticed this is EGA. Indeed a very very nice mockup!! Love your mockups.

fkbm @ 4/2/2018 00:29 commented on Short Haired Gurl

This reminds me very much of the art used in “Misadventures of Flink”. Very beautiful! :)

fkbm @ 4/2/2018 00:26 commented on Love

Wow, I just knew it was your artwork.

I was just browsing older April 1st Challenges and clicking stuff that interrests me. I then see the icon and I think this has got to be that lady with the awesome palettes. :P (Yeah I was tkinking more of RHLPixels)

fkbm @ 3/21/2018 14:03 commented on The Anatomy of a Burger

I'm very glad you like it! :)

fkbm @ 3/6/2018 00:40 commented on Sick Virus

Nice! Very meta! :D

fkbm @ 3/1/2018 08:10 commented on The God of Chaos

Very psychedelic

fkbm @ 3/1/2018 06:07 commented on Gameboy Sunset

Heh, awesome. What I created was nothing more than a simple script. :) I didn't aim to create anything more. And I made it for GrafX2 just because I love using that. :) I'm also testing and working with Aseprite. :)

fkbm @ 3/1/2018 06:06 commented on Gameboy Sunset

I stand corrected. The Gameboy can actually hold up to 384 tiles. So any fullscreen image should work fine.

fkbm @ 2/26/2018 06:00 commented on Gameboy Sunset

Heh, yeah, sometimes it's just more fun to know these and just rework stuff to get it working right within the limitations of the system. :D

I created a small lua script for GrafX2 that counts the unique 8x8 tiles from a Gameboy like image and returns the number of tiles it accumulated. This very picture returned 305 unique tiles. :)

fkbm @ 2/26/2018 05:15 commented on Gameboy Sunset

The only other limitation I can think of right now that might not let you pass is the fact that the Original Gameboy had 8KiB of Video RAM, which equates to a total number of 256 tiles and to fill a viewing area full of graphics you'd need 360 tiles. So you've got RAM for 12.8 rows, as opposed to the 18 you need.

But I believe that with some smart reuse of tiles in some areas of the screen, this could pass. Haven't done the uniqueness of tiles yet :D

fkbm @ 2/26/2018 04:12 commented on Green Hair

Cute! Looks similar to “Windows ME”-tan.

fkbm @ 2/26/2018 01:56 commented on Pixel Joint Nerd

Erm, ... thanks for the ... criticism

fkbm @ 2/26/2018 01:49 commented on Gameboy Sunset

It's interesting that you limitted yourself to 3 colours. It looks gorgeous!!