kuph @ 4/18/2010 00:42 commented on The Magician's Workplace

Thank you, I hadn't seen the books.

kuph @ 4/17/2010 02:45 commented on The Magician's Workplace

... What am I looking at?

kuph @ 4/13/2010 10:34 commented on Gastly

You could achieve a better effect by dropping the solid black outline: If it were, say, darker at the bottom and lighter at the top, it would look nicer. Anyway, I like the shape of the gaz cloud behind him/it,

kuph @ 4/13/2010 01:25 commented on transformation

I agree with theguy.

With appropriate dither, this picture could look better with less colours.

kuph @ 4/13/2010 01:23 commented on the strugle of life

No, the dunes shouldn't get lighter with the distance.

It's all a matter of athmospheric perspective: the "layers" of air between the viewer's eyes and the viewed object make it look  more blue, sometimes grayish. Like in this picture:  www.destination360.com/north-america/us/tennessee/images/s/great-smoky-mountains.jpg : you know the back mountains can't be blue, they're covered in trees. But they look blue anyway because of the distance.

Here's what I could say about the colors of the dunes. To sum it up, the further an object is, the more it's color will tend to blend with that of the sky.

kuph @ 4/4/2010 10:41 commented on My Avatar

I suggest you put more time and effort into your pieces, they will only end up better.

kuph @ 4/2/2010 01:44 commented on Rank Trophies

Psycho rank? It's got to be the Joker, from The Dark Knight movie. Though that's just an opinion.

I absolutely adore all of these icons. All shiny and detailed...

kuph @ 2/28/2010 06:42 commented on Phones Avatar

My bad, the weird automatic anti-aliasing Firefox added to the zoom tricked my eye.

kuph @ 2/28/2010 02:50 commented on Phones Avatar

I see four colors, not three.

kuph @ 2/27/2010 00:36 commented on Heart display.

The top halfs of your hearts are quite square, they look more like shields to me.

Other than that, it looks nice.

kuph @ 7/4/2009 08:08 commented on Le spartiate

Faites attention, les lignes de ce dessin sont un peu tremblantes. La forme du casque est étrange aussi, surtout sur la droite (sa gauche).

Bonne chance pour l'animation ^^

kuph @ 5/12/2009 09:32 commented on Peeeeeekaaaaahhh Peeeeeeeekaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Whaa--- !!! "It" kinda has the face of Tingle, from the Zelda series.

Unless it's just me.

kuph @ 5/3/2009 05:32 commented on Crappy Pixel Zombie

I suggest you mind the saturation of the colors you use: more saturated colors for the head highlights, less saturated colors for the clothes. The way you shaded the character doesn't seem natural, especially around the head. PixelArt is very much like any other sort of drawing method in the way that you do need to have a few notions about shapes, lights, compositions and such in order to produce "good" art. Keep this in mind, and may the pixelforce be with you.

kuph @ 4/29/2009 09:08 commented on Kirby-like animation

A smoother animation with more frames could really help.

kuph @ 4/26/2009 01:22 commented on InvasEyes !

Hmm... the main idea was to create an omnivore auto-portrait, if I am not mistaken.

kuph @ 4/26/2009 01:15 commented on Omnivortrait

The lightest tone of the hair is really awkward. I'd suggest using a waaaaay more saturated color. The shading of the face makes it hard to identify the position of the light source. The way you colored the edges of the face makes me think the light come from both sides, but then, why is the front part of the nose shining? Only the sides should be lighted. Contrariwise, if the light source were out on front, the cheeks would be shining, and shadow would be casted on the sides of the face.

kuph @ 4/24/2009 23:55 commented on Robot Avatar

I like the robot's design, but I'd suggest maybe dropping the solid black lineart. Plus, is the red brain-thing supposed to be inside or outside the tank? It'd make more sense if it were inside, but it looks quite the opposite on your piece.

Maybe making the animation a little slower and more fluid would help. It looks quite 'nervous' right now.

kuph @ 4/24/2009 23:25 commented on Omnivore Self Portrait

I like the lips and eye a lot, and the rest comes out pretty well, too.

kuph @ 4/24/2009 09:36 commented on Omnivore-Adri

What's with the colors going beyond the lineart? The face looks quite "thick" with those black lines. Nice use of colors, though.

kuph @ 4/23/2009 01:36 commented on IsoVillage

Wow. This made me realise how rare it is to find AA'd isometric pixelart. Very neat.

kuph @ 4/23/2009 00:41 commented on Omnivore Eye

Don't disregard purple shirts, it makes them cry. >< Nice style, but you should go easy on the dithering, it gives it an even messier look. How come the right cheek (our left) has a light brown outline when it's black everywhere else? Colored linearts help lighten up the mood.

kuph @ 4/23/2009 00:36 commented on the dragon of many styles

The background is really out of place here, it looks more like some kind of lazy escape from work than like a style-swapping. The idea is interesting but not well pictured. Surely there's another style that could fit in rather than the "3-year old drawing" idea?

kuph @ 4/23/2009 00:02 commented on Skater image

Why the solid black outline ? O.o

kuph @ 4/23/2009 commented on super smash bros. PIXEL

lovin' the palette. The composition seems unnatural, though.

kuph @ 4/22/2009 23:55 commented on Jewel wing

You could improve the glowing effect by shifting slightly the hue of each of the lighter and darker tones. For the blue part, for instance, you'd have greener highlights and more purple shadows, or vice-versa. A transparent bakground would be nice, too.