SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 06:39 commented on noodle

Agreed. The scales demonstrate really well how to add detail in just the right places so that texture is implied all over. This looks great!

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 06:37 commented on Perenpelluci

Really nice, mysterious piece. I especially like the shading on the tiles.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 05:22 commented on Sus Carrot

Surprised this doesn't have any comments yet. This is really funny and it looks great. I really like the subtle way you've suggested the shape of the visor at the top.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 03:04 commented on Sea Life Rank Icons

Lovely set (and also the one I'm using). I can't wait to be a whale shark!

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 03:01 commented on Botanist rank icons

Beautiful icons! These are so nicely pixelled and will definitely be in rotation for me.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:59 commented on Starbuck

Thanks!

I did try to add greater definition to the chest originally but it made the top look like it was too fitted rather than simply being tight. I ultimately ran out of time and had to submit, but the chest isn't well shaded generally. I struggled to think how Winoma_s might approach it (that's true of the face as well, where I copied too much without fully understanding) given that there are two materials with different properties and colours, and with awkward shapes.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:51 commented on Daughters of the Evening

Very nice scene. As a counter argument, I don't mind the look of the sky but I think it might gel better if the tree had greater contrast and a darker green shade in there (although without checking, that may also mean the colours at the bottom of the image need changing).

What I really like about this is the shape of the figures–slightly elongated and elegantly curved. They really do look otherworldly.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:46 commented on Six Fanarts Challenge - pack 256

Cool entry! Instantly recognisable in terms of it being a SovanJedi homage, but with your own style in there too. I particularly like the dynamic poses.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:44 commented on Iluvmanupix

Very cool entry in all sorts of ways.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:40 commented on equinox [Weekly Challenge]

Absolute madness to attempt this in a week and yet it looks great! The palette especially gives it a real sense of place for me. The colours of the mountain feel so right.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:37 commented on Dying Breed (Lost Part)

Very beautiful work, and a great challenge entry. I also really like the skull portrait, and the cacti look great with the blue highlights.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:33 commented on Bridge (April fools 2021)

You really have captured the watercolour look. This is a nice imitation of Franek's style, but also a lovely image in its own right.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/10/2021 02:28 commented on Jurassic Jams

Nice to see more in this series. The animation is so good and packed with lots of character.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 15:12 commented on fc11

Amazing work everyone! I'm a crab for now but I'll be changing regularly as there are so many great ranks.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 09:13 commented on Pelican Bay

I'm really enjoying all of these landscapes! This one has such a great, surreal feeling. It really is its own little world. Nice mix of large, dramatic details and small ones (like the winding path up to the cave).

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 09:09 commented on Chrysalis

I like the sunset feel of the colours and lighting. Nice design too. Makes me think of a more realistic Into the Breach.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 03:52 commented on The Whale of the Wasteland

Very good! Even without the description, I like that this tells a story. Nice, clean style too.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 03:49 commented on Starry Valley

This is really lovely. The clean style, satisfying shapes and beautiful palette come together to make a really clear, atmospheric, magical image.

Out of interest, does the large building intentionally resemble a snail (if not, I should add that I think it's a good thing)?

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 03:45 commented on Lost in Dunes

Wow, this is really nice. Reminds me a little of the LucasArts game The Dig, but it has its own atmosphere. Those browns and dark blues look so good together.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 03:34 commented on guilt

I like that the palettes are part of your style, which is always recognisable. I may be wrong (I haven't checked them in a program) but the specific colours seem to vary a bit between images, but they're always recognisably yours.

Thanks! I think the quality of my entries declined as I went on. Hoping it runs again this year.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/7/2021 03:30 commented on Cecropia Fatum

Haha, thanks! There were lots of great entries so I wasn't too surprised, but I'm glad you like it.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/6/2021 09:35 commented on misty places

These are very atmospheric. I particularly like middle top for the gentle red band across the sky, and bottom left for the beautiful foliage and striking palette. They're all wonderful though!

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/5/2021 05:13 commented on Aperture's insides

Very nice choice of palette for this. It's very different to the look of the first game, but is still recognisable as Portal. The 70s vibe here reminds me of the sequel too.

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/4/2021 14:24 commented on GTV handheld console

There are some really great details in this design. I love the coiled cable (which is rendered really nicely) and the antenna. The fact that it uses tapes is hilarious and wonderfully nostalgic. Really fun, creative design!

SeDiceBisonte @ 4/4/2021 14:21 commented on THE ULTIMATE GAMING DEVICE

Great mockup on this! I like that the preview image gives a different perspective too. This is a really solid design.