GaragePixel @ 5/21/2020 07:57 commented on Half Genie Hero! Shantae

You definitely have the same tastes as me !

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:23 commented on Forward

The image seems to move !

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:21 commented on #1 fashion model

Nice shape :D

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:20 commented on Ice cream?

AND coffee !

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:18 commented on A Haunted Castle

Unreal castle balanced in the void.

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:14 commented on Psyguar

I don't know about the induction about the psychodelics and the jaguars but the contrast is very impressive !

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:11 commented on The Long (...) Night

Perfect compositing.

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:11 commented on "Pastel Dreams"

Yep, tha ally cat :D

GaragePixel @ 5/18/2020 10:09 commented on Winter Belle intro scene

Great scenery !

GaragePixel @ 5/17/2020 11:04 commented on A Broken Dream

Think you for your comment ! I did it for a single-day challenge of October without any automatic process ;D
it is really a good way to learn that to give yourself such a time limit !

GaragePixel @ 5/17/2020 10:53 commented on A Broken Dream

GaragePixel @ 5/17/2020 10:52 commented on A Broken Dream

Thank you for your comment. These images are a bit old, it dates from October 2019 for the famous challenge. So I didn't have much time.

Although I am a programmer, I am not at all a fan of automatic processes. I set myself the goal of not exceeding 150 colors. On a large image like this, each piece is considered as a single image. The pieces are the surfaces of fragmentary colors. Here, we have 14 fragments, which allows us to create surfaces of 11 colors. The idea was of course to go beyond the visual limit by reusing the colors, between the boat and the cup, the blue bases, the hair and the beads etc. However, the teapot boat has about 8 shades, there are quite a few fragments which could have been limited to 4 shades, bringing the total under the 64 colors.

There is a very simple way to reduce the colors analytically in Photoshop, by exporting as a gif, we can sort the colors according to several criteria and even export the palette. You can then use this palette by decimating the colors with the indexed mode.

That said, I can no longer modify this work. He is old, he must continue to reflect my level at that time. This is the Day 25 of the Octobit2019 as my 105th image and my featured 33rd completed scenery since one year.

I assume that if I cannot compose a palette with fragments of 4 colors, with shared colors and colors making the links in a neutral way between the primitives, then it is not worth it to continue. There are a lot of people who compose their palettes by copying pictures or even works of other peoples ! If I can match them only using my own perceptions, I could surpass my own limits. There are a lot of people who manage to pretend to create ex-nihilo stuff in pixelart, I don't even use a scanner to draw a basic drawing. Everything must come from my imagination when the mouse composes the image. And it is possible because my characters have an elaborate personality. I will never copy any style, never use any automatic stuff, even if my images are judged to be worse than others. I'm not saying that if I go into production on something paid, I will continue to do everything by hand. But for now, my way to learn is doing the exact opposite of what people are doing to learn ! It's my Nindo !

I have since made some progress, my last image "The Horizon" has 4 shades by 2.3 fragments bringing the total to 8 colors with an execution time with the mouse of 8 hours https://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/132443.htm
The timelapse : https://youtu.be/mx3nNe790ew