ptoing @ 10/10/2021 11:50 commented on FINS: Pixelween 2021: Week 1

Really nice. Btw, I have a feeling you might like the Polish film The Lure from 2015 ;)

ptoing @ 9/28/2021 09:41 commented on ISOrd & ISOrcery Tiles

Lovely stuff :)

ptoing @ 8/28/2021 06:14 commented on CGA Faces

There are no changes, the pic was just down for a bunch of years for reasons.

/-\|_50 570|* !7 \\'!7|-| 7|-|3 |_337. thanks

ptoing @ 8/26/2021 05:49 commented on CGA Faces

Come again?

ptoing @ 8/25/2021 19:39 commented on vandalism

FRESH! Nice little piece.The AA is pretty nice too actually :)

ptoing @ 7/24/2021 04:40 commented on 2019 FRUA challenge

2 words: Epic, faved.

ptoing @ 7/22/2021 05:35 commented on Dodon-What-chi?

No idea, probably retired from games though.

ptoing @ 7/20/2021 20:15 commented on Dodon-What-chi?

I think that the guy who developed this style was Naoki Ogihara while still at Toaplan, you can see it in stuff like Truxton 2, but even earlier in places. And then later in his work on Donpachi, Dodonpachi and Dangun Feveron. And Gekirindan was directed by a former Toaplan programmer iirc, and is a love letter to Toaplan games in general, lots of nods and references in that game to all sorts of Toaplan titles. As well as the overall style of the graphics.

ptoing @ 7/6/2021 06:42 commented on Mine Wars Portraits (C64 Hires)

And done: https://csdb.dk/release/?id=205613

ptoing @ 7/6/2021 00:56 commented on Mine Wars Portraits (C64 Hires)

Nice. Do you mind if I throw these up on CSDb? I guess the border colour would look good as either the same mid grey as you have as the outer parts of the pic, or black. Let me know :)

ptoing @ 6/25/2021 09:51 commented on still life

Lovely piece. The painterly approach works quite nicely here.

One technical thing that stands out to me is the application of antialias. You are mostly just using a single pixel of aa, which in a lot of places is not effective. The longer an line is the longer the aa should. This is esp. visible on the left side of the pitcher. If you want me to make an edit let me know.

ptoing @ 6/8/2021 20:38 commented on C64ME (weekly challenge)

Very nicely done. Would be possible on the C64 using FLI mode and some sprite overlay, or maybe just FLI and strategic BG colour changes.

ptoing @ 6/6/2021 01:53 commented on EGA Self Portrait

Really nice. It has a very oldschool adventure game vibe in a sense. Love the animated fish background and the way you used the dropshadow. Simple but clever and effective.

ptoing @ 6/6/2021 01:52 commented on EGA Self portrait

Nice work, Dylan. Was interesting to see it evolve a bit.

ptoing @ 6/6/2021 01:51 commented on EGA Self Portrait [Weekly]

Great stuff. I take it you did the PETSCII stuff first and then worked over it? Really love the animation you did as well. Works amazingly well.

ptoing @ 6/6/2021 01:50 commented on EGA me.

Very nice. Great use of the colours. I like the very sparing use of black just to accentuate some parts as well.
And lovely clusters in the hair too.

ptoing @ 5/6/2021 13:57 commented on C64 Hi-Res Cubic Lion

Very nice for a first, and a fun image as well, as Reo stated.

ptoing @ 5/5/2021 11:16 commented on TMP2.tiff

Pretty epic stuff.

ptoing @ 3/27/2021 12:46 commented on self portrait 2021

I don't think you succeeded in making it ugly. It has horror vibes though, what with the intense look and the strange space filling hair. Nicely done :)

ptoing @ 3/17/2021 12:40 commented on sentry gun (weekly challenge)

That's nice to hear. Also that a comment of mine helped you :)

ptoing @ 3/11/2021 20:08 commented on sentry gun (weekly challenge)

Very cute, and nice use of the palette. I would REALLY love to see a proper C64 MCOL pic from you sometime. One can dream :)

ptoing @ 3/2/2021 06:08 commented on Vore (Quake)

Nice and recognisable. The AA you have in places on the outside are kind of a weird choice since it is very very sparse and not consistent. Without those it would look more like a game sprite. Nice stuff either way, cool to see new things from you :)

ptoing @ 2/27/2021 12:14 commented on Samus

Nice and sharp, but I can't unsee the really sad looking faces in the shoulder pads U_U

ptoing @ 2/21/2021 20:17 commented on Spaghettification

DB: The rasters were made with

this

tool. I helped betatest it and also gave quite a bit of input on usability. It's a pretty neat little tool and will very likely be improved upon at a later date. But it already produces 100% stable rasters and the pictures are both PAL and NTSC compatible in that regard.

ptoing @ 2/18/2021 06:43 commented on Amigara Fault Self Portrait

Just make sure you keep the aspect thing in mind, since it makes quite a bit of difference. :)