ptoing @ 9/15/2022 12:53 commented on I Wanna Be Adored

Nice pic.

Where are the rasters? I checked the prg as well. I guess that is a mistake in the discription.
Also, I would really always include the border for C64 pics, since they are quite a bit of how the picture is percieved. The black border of the original makes it pop more. Here you are slave to the theme that people use, unless you provide the border yourself.

ptoing @ 6/9/2022 00:02 commented on shrek but not as nice

Very nice. Always love to see more widepixel action :) This is actually a lot closer to the original source material than the animated movies :D

ptoing @ 4/6/2022 12:21 commented on The Plight of Ted the Troll-Slayer

Really funny stuff. The animation is great. The little guy kinda looks like that readhead dude from the muppets :D

ptoing @ 3/9/2022 17:42 commented on A Typical Day at the Pool

DONE :D

ptoing @ 3/9/2022 07:57 commented on A Typical Day at the Pool

Very nice, esp for a first go at MCol :)
Do you mind if I make a profile for you and add this to https://csdb.dk/ ?

ptoing @ 1/26/2022 01:31 commented on Rotavatar

Thanks :)

ptoing @ 1/11/2022 02:48 commented on The Dragon Hunter

This is really cool :D Very neat interpretation of a grown up version of that lil duder.
You cool with me putting this on CSDb?

ptoing @ 1/3/2022 11:33 commented on The Final Boss

Good stuff. Also nice that it does not flicker like crazy as it did on the real hardware :D

ptoing @ 12/9/2021 03:10 commented on RockLeeSmile Twitch Emotes

@railslave: Thanks. It took me quite a while to figure out what you meant with the TT, but I reckon you mean nice crying emoji?

ptoing @ 12/9/2021 03:09 commented on Her Highness Compofilleria

Thanks :D

ptoing @ 12/8/2021 01:56 commented on Refinery tiles

Looks great, very reminiscent of old Helm stuff in a way, esp colours.
The waterfall looks cool but has some weird optical illusion of parts of it going upward.

ptoing @ 12/6/2021 22:23 commented on Time Out

Very nice pic, as per usual. Very joyful.

@Quiara: I just checked and looks like it is actual the dark grey. Would not have guessed that.

ptoing @ 11/8/2021 09:39 commented on UNTOMBED - REVEAL TEASER

Nicely done. But man, that N in the SOON being a bit higher than the SOO... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ptoing @ 11/8/2021 09:36 commented on Harpy's Hollow

This is so fucking good. You really developed an amazing style.

ptoing @ 10/10/2021 11:50 commented on FINS: Pixelween 2021: Week 1

Really nice. Btw, I have a feeling you might like the Polish film The Lure from 2015 ;)

ptoing @ 9/28/2021 09:41 commented on ISOrd & ISOrcery Tiles

Lovely stuff :)

ptoing @ 8/28/2021 06:14 commented on CGA Faces

There are no changes, the pic was just down for a bunch of years for reasons.

/-\|_50 570|* !7 \\'!7|-| 7|-|3 |_337. thanks

ptoing @ 8/26/2021 05:49 commented on CGA Faces

Come again?

ptoing @ 8/25/2021 19:39 commented on vandalism

FRESH! Nice little piece.The AA is pretty nice too actually :)

ptoing @ 7/24/2021 04:40 commented on 2019 FRUA challenge

2 words: Epic, faved.

ptoing @ 7/22/2021 05:35 commented on Dodon-What-chi?

No idea, probably retired from games though.

ptoing @ 7/20/2021 20:15 commented on Dodon-What-chi?

I think that the guy who developed this style was Naoki Ogihara while still at Toaplan, you can see it in stuff like Truxton 2, but even earlier in places. And then later in his work on Donpachi, Dodonpachi and Dangun Feveron. And Gekirindan was directed by a former Toaplan programmer iirc, and is a love letter to Toaplan games in general, lots of nods and references in that game to all sorts of Toaplan titles. As well as the overall style of the graphics.

ptoing @ 7/6/2021 06:42 commented on Mine Wars Portraits (C64 Hires)

And done: https://csdb.dk/release/?id=205613

ptoing @ 7/6/2021 00:56 commented on Mine Wars Portraits (C64 Hires)

Nice. Do you mind if I throw these up on CSDb? I guess the border colour would look good as either the same mid grey as you have as the outer parts of the pic, or black. Let me know :)

ptoing @ 6/25/2021 09:51 commented on still life

Lovely piece. The painterly approach works quite nicely here.

One technical thing that stands out to me is the application of antialias. You are mostly just using a single pixel of aa, which in a lot of places is not effective. The longer an line is the longer the aa should. This is esp. visible on the left side of the pitcher. If you want me to make an edit let me know.