amberMechanic @ 9/16/2021 08:37 commented on Alien Astronaut

@Carrion Thanks v. much. I try my best.

amberMechanic @ 9/14/2021 15:37 commented on Alien Astronaut

@QQruzkin Now that you mention it, it really ought to be a lot more padded . I'll have to think of the best way to alter it. I'm thinking I might bring the angle of the trapezius down...

amberMechanic @ 9/14/2021 15:31 commented on Alien Astronaut

@Christoballs The contrast with the colour blocks of the rest of the design worked pretty well, I'm going to have do that more in future.

amberMechanic @ 9/14/2021 15:26 commented on Alien Astronaut

@Theoden Thanks!

amberMechanic @ 9/13/2021 13:18 commented on Alien Astronaut

@Sarahboez It definitely has that marble look. I think it's the green tones in the center of the gradient that does it maybe?

amberMechanic @ 9/13/2021 13:14 commented on Alien Astronaut

@b236 Thanks, It's a nice combination. I'll definitely have to do more like this.

amberMechanic @ 8/7/2021 02:56 commented on No guards? Just grab the mask.

@Weerdmaster Thanks!

amberMechanic @ 8/6/2021 02:57 commented on Error 709

@SeDiceBisonte thanks. Yes. That's something I wanted to get from the Klimt's 'Kiss', how all the detail recedes into texture and the central focus is actually a very strong simple image. I think I was leaning quite a bit on tonal contrast with this one though.

amberMechanic @ 8/5/2021 17:19 commented on No guards? Just grab the mask.

@SeDiceBisonte I've never played Bloodborne either. I'm not much of a gamer these days, I just watch other people playing them online, but the character designs in all the From Software games are really excellent.

amberMechanic @ 8/5/2021 17:14 commented on No guards? Just grab the mask.

@Christoballs Thanks. I'm glad the palette is working. I'm a bit trial and error with colours and I'm trying to be a bit more systematic.

amberMechanic @ 8/4/2021 10:25 commented on Error 709

@motrox Thank v. much!

amberMechanic @ 7/11/2021 02:58 commented on Error 709

@Jeremy Thanks, I'm trying to keep a lot of my colours generally lighter in value recently and I think it helps.

amberMechanic @ 7/10/2021 14:44 commented on Error 709

@Erico Thanks!

amberMechanic @ 7/9/2021 12:56 commented on Laetus nebula

Wow! This is truly amazing stuff. The way you've handled the colour here is really marvellous.

amberMechanic @ 7/7/2021 12:56 commented on Error 709

@J ´┐Żo  Thanks! I did a few things with a surrounding frame last year and I've sort of drifted away from it recently.

amberMechanic @ 7/7/2021 12:52 commented on Error 709

#b236You're right with the Mucha influence. It certainly diverged from the original source quite a way.

amberMechanic @ 6/25/2021 07:25 commented on Six Fanarts Challenge - pack 256

@Motrox I'm not a mathematics person though I always liked reading about the personalities behind maths and science. I thought the contrast between SovanJedi's hyper dynamic and heroic poses and mathematicians, who are generally seen as more contemplative, was quite amusing.

amberMechanic @ 6/23/2021 14:53 commented on Wizards

@Amorph Many thanks.

amberMechanic @ 6/23/2021 14:52 commented on Wizards

@Ouv Thanks. I struggled a bit trying to work out the best way of naturally transitioning the cobblestones between the different rings of colour.

amberMechanic @ 6/7/2021 07:50 commented on EGA me.

@Hapiel It does feel a bit of a music poster you're right but I was thinking 60s at the time. I'd be happy with Abba though!

amberMechanic @ 6/7/2021 07:43 commented on EGA me.

@SeDiceBisonte I was definitely thinking 60s  psychedelic images borrowed from art noveau when I was making it.

amberMechanic @ 6/7/2021 07:36 commented on EGA me.

@Christoballs Thanks! The animation was going to be the final thing but then I decided the still image was better and I kept the animation for the preview.

amberMechanic @ 6/6/2021 13:37 commented on EGA Self Portrait [Weekly]

The animation here is  mesmerising to watch. The patterns in it reminds me of those looping animations of Conway's game of life.

amberMechanic @ 6/6/2021 12:36 commented on Selfie 64

Your black and white study was excellent. It was a really great idea to keep those expressive lines.

amberMechanic @ 6/6/2021 12:24 commented on jeremy ][

I love how you've managed to simply the hair down to just the perfect few curved lines interrupting the big shape. Always beautiful portraits.