zch @ 8/12/2021 07:21 commented on Builder of sandcastles

Oo... Now I feel kinda bad on how lazy I ended up being with the skin. This was supposed to be just a quick practice doodle, and the skin was actually green originally. But then I ended up using way too much time on the background, and changing everything else to match...

I remember initially (not in this piece, but way back when I was first trying this palette) feeling like bright-pale-red would maybe be a bit gray and cold for skin, but in the end it always seems to end up looking really nice, so I guess my intuition needed some adjustment...

Anyway, thanks for the comment :)

zch @ 8/12/2021 06:59 commented on Builder of sandcastles

Thanks for the comments everybody. I'm so happy to submit something again :) Been too long...

zch @ 2/21/2021 03:27 commented on Mythos Expedition

Very cool!

zch @ 4/3/2020 06:12 commented on 2 bit portraits 2

Thanks for the comments :)

zch @ 3/30/2020 10:52 commented on Album Cover: Ohm Rune - Gargantuan (The Swarm)

Very nice!

zch @ 2/1/2020 09:08 commented on Hellbound (Preview)

Very cool!

zch @ 1/31/2020 12:37 commented on Arctic Outpost

Thanks

zch @ 1/31/2020 12:36 commented on Arctic Outpost

Hmm... The reason I ran out so bad was because I was originally doing something entirely different for this challenge, but realized I wouldn't be able to finish it in time. So I rushed this to get at least something done...

I wish I had more time to pixel

If I were to come back to this, I might just go back to the original-original piece...

zch @ 6/30/2019 03:31 commented on Skullmachine v2

@MicmasH

pixel all the way through. haven't really done anything non-digital in ages.

zch @ 6/24/2019 07:58 commented on Skullmachine v2

@Jinn

I didn't even think about that, but it's really something I should have done!

zch @ 6/22/2019 21:12 commented on 1bit faces

Very nice portraits! This new 1-bit style of yours is just amazing :)

zch @ 6/17/2019 01:42 commented on Star pants

Thanks for the tips :)

zch @ 2/5/2019 05:03 commented on She is not impressed

Thanks, I'm glad to be back :)

I'm using DB16 palette in this, and it is magical how nicely the colors work together on that palette. So whatever skills color skills I have or don't, most of the work was already done by DawnBringer when he constructed this palette...

zch @ 2/1/2019 01:46 commented on Emerald Gate of Adventure

Thanks :)

I've been a bit burnt out and uninspired for a while, but things seem be getting better... I'm hoping to start drawing a lot more again...

zch @ 1/13/2017 12:51 commented on Skullmachine

Thanks for the comments everybody :)

zch @ 12/30/2016 04:02 commented on Unfinlalable

No, this was made in Gimp I think.

zch @ 12/12/2016 09:51 commented on Taming EGA

EGA stands for 'Enhanced Graphics Adapter'. It was a display standard that allowed 16 simultaneous colors  from a palette of 64, at a resolution of up to 640×350 pixels. (Copied from wikipedia, I don't really know this stuff too well either)

This picture uses the default EGA palette, which is the same as the only palette available in the previous display standard CGA.

zch @ 11/9/2016 09:13 commented on Owlboy comp

Thanks :)

zch @ 5/16/2016 15:08 commented on Mermaid

Thanks you for the comments everyone. I really appreciate all the feedback you have given to me :)

I don't want to edit stuff once I have submitted it, especially with weekly challenges. But I ran out of time so badly with this, and it kinda bothers me how unfinished parts of it look, so I'm bending my own rules just a bit and updating some final cleanup.

zch @ 5/15/2016 15:27 commented on Mermaid

Huh? But I kinda like how her eyes mouth and nose turned out...

zch @ 2/21/2016 11:56 commented on Big Bird

Works much better now :)

zch @ 2/21/2016 09:00 commented on Big Bird

It seems to have problems with some png-images. At least for me some png:s show glitched and broken in the inspector. For example

shows all wrong...

I tested with firefox, chrome and IE, and same result with all of them...

zch @ 2/19/2016 07:52 commented on Turnipsi

zch @ 2/15/2016 12:50 commented on Blues

Awesome monsters! Top right and bottom middle are my favorites.

zch @ 1/13/2016 09:03 commented on Cavalier King Charles Spaniel icon

Aww... I really like this challenge, that's my favorite resolution and all. But I just don't have any time to spare this week :.(

Maybe mockup could have transparency if it was for gaming device with circle shaped screen or something.