shibumi @ 2/12/2010 12:11 commented on Alien Love -EDIT-

Nice little image. Love the style of the bench. Background is fine but lighting could be adjusted as mentioned by others. I would revisit the shading on lower tentacles too, looks a little unrefined. Nicely drawn and pixel pushed otherwise.

shibumi @ 2/5/2010 14:58 commented on Flashlight Animation...

A flashlight is either on or off. Light doesn't grow like a plant. Making the cone of light instantly appear when on and instantly disappear when off will probably make the animation read better.

shibumi @ 2/4/2010 16:45 commented on Nasty ape

Gross, yet funny. Will you be adding a little more animation? A tail that moves? A head that wiggles a bit? Please say yes.

shibumi @ 2/3/2010 13:09 commented on 14

Some technical advice....use the darkest green under the white trim of the coat where it would cast a shadow, that will help define the trim and make it pop. Do the same above the white trim on the shoes. You are using a light green in the body but its very close in color to the middle green, make the lighest green even lighter so the contrast is higher. Use this light green as the highlight color on the Grinch's body to create more shape and form. The red highlight on the jacket could also be lighter so it stands out more. This too will create more form. Pay attention to long hard edges and try to avoid them (unless building a house or something). Notice that the red highlight in the hat has a long hard edge at it's bottom, make that edge more curved, so it conforms more to the shape of the hat. Hope this helps.

shibumi @ 2/3/2010 03:10 commented on Carl Fredricksen(Up)

Nice, right on model!

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 16:15 commented on Dieulefit Palettes

Some great perspective on these.

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 14:15 commented on 14

Love the Grinch. I like where you are going with this. I think the character needs a bit more work, he's not quite on model. I would remove his nostrils and give him a more circular button nose. The Grinch's hat is also kind of skinny and frumpy, yours is a little too large and structured. Your Grinch doesn't seem to have a neck but the character as perceived by Chuck Jones does. I think with a few changes and a little more work your image will really come together.

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 13:35 commented on Canine warriors outing

Very cool, would love to see a little animation on this.

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 13:27 commented on About PM

GORGEOUS!

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 13:18 commented on Nixon

Nice, no doubt whatsoever who that is. Great caricature

shibumi @ 2/2/2010 13:13 commented on A Simple Bubble.

I thought it was a button too. It looks very opaque rather than transparent and I think that's what's throwing it off. If it appearred more transparent I think it would read as a bubble.

shibumi @ 1/29/2010 15:36 commented on bug beaten by another bug

Nice dung beetle! LOL

shibumi @ 1/28/2010 19:24 commented on 1updie

Lovely little animation. I love how the hat lands back on his head, genius!

shibumi @ 1/27/2010 19:12 commented on Guru Guru

I suppose one needs to see the character in context within the game. To me the "mood" is very evident. It's quite clear that for a brief moment he is very angry. I was thinking that a little smoke or something from the increased friction when the organ plays quickly could be very effective, but you are correct, it would draw more attention to the character which may not be your intention.

shibumi @ 1/27/2010 12:36 commented on This guy wanna die

You did such a nice job with everything but I'd like to see the smoke / steam worked up a little more. Very nice job on the cycles.

shibumi @ 1/26/2010 18:40 commented on Female Sprite

Oh....I sense some Street Fighter inspiration. Nice job.

shibumi @ 1/25/2010 23:22 commented on Firefox Icon

The color cycling is a bit subtle. Try using some colors with greater contrast.

shibumi @ 1/25/2010 20:55 commented on Guru Guru

When he gets angry I'd love to see the organ itself transform somehow.

shibumi @ 1/25/2010 20:53 commented on Wraith Jr

This is a great idle sequence.

shibumi @ 1/25/2010 16:43 commented on Frauki

Some head movement in the swim would help too. I'd introduce some more shades into the hair as well.

shibumi @ 1/25/2010 16:40 commented on Legend of Iya Sewer tileset test

Looks fantastic. This is quality work.

shibumi @ 1/24/2010 21:48 commented on A Part Of A Wall

Putting a 1 pixel highlight and shadow on the edges of the bricks would help.

shibumi @ 1/24/2010 21:45 commented on Ville

I love how you handled the clouds and placed them on the seperate planes as if this building is in a room. This is a piece that definitely worth spending more time on. it's needs a few more objects. Nice handling of the iso perspective and nice pixel control.

shibumi @ 1/24/2010 18:15 commented on Edelweiss

This is a nice "art piece" in pixels. It's actually quite normal to get burned out with pushing pixels. During times like this you just need to trudge through. One day, when you least expect it, the fun will return. It's a normal progression. Sometimes it's best to try something you wouldn't normally attempt, maybe it will challenge you more and breathe some passion back into pixeling for you.

shibumi @ 1/23/2010 22:08 commented on Hand With Pen

I really don''t think the animation is necessary here, doesn't really add any strength to your piece. Fountain pen was an interesting choice, when's the last time anyone saw someone use a fountain pen? I like that you used it, gives the pen a little more character. You could probably use a few more colors.