DioShiba @ 10/16/2020 04:54 commented on Outside, all alone

While I agree with MrHai that the concept with the flashlight is nice, it could have been executed far better. The persepctive between the background and the midground doesn't make sense because if we were to point a flashlight toward the hills we still wouldn't see the top of the edge of them assuming that they are farther in the distance. The shadows could have also been tweaked a bit more.

With that being said I feel like that this could have been worked on alot more and this would have been a truly stellar piece. So it's not a bad piece all together, in fact I would say its a good start, but there are lessons to be learned from this piece that you have to keep in mind for future works (Or if you choose to go back into this and remake it at any point in the future)

DioShiba @ 8/17/2020 17:49 commented on Big Bird

Well I've had quite the day so far but honestly I think I'm at a good point with where my art portfolio is.

Dunno why I feel so confedient about this but hey, I'm giving myself a bit of a break on being hard on myself at the very least.

DioShiba @ 7/24/2020 06:50 commented on Hearty Highfive

I love what you did with the texturing on this one.

DioShiba @ 7/20/2020 01:10 commented on Goblin

Oooh, I really like this use of colors here!

DioShiba @ 6/30/2020 05:12 commented on Big Bird

I see, so really the key things to look out for are pixel placements that wouldn't normally be made if something was done straight from scratch in particular, and odd color choices as well.

DioShiba @ 6/29/2020 17:47 commented on Big Bird

Okay I actually won't lie the photographic color reduction went completely over my head when I first looked at Koto's work. That's something that even I didn't think to take into considderation when I was looking at them. (Nor was I even aware of this being a thing!)

I know this might sound like a silly question for the chatterbox but, what is photographic color reduction and what are the key signs of it? Just for the sake of my own awareness and how that can differientiate from pixel art in of itself I'd like to learn more about this so I can spot it myself in the future in the case I ever come accross it.

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 16:56 commented on Young Griffith - Berserk

Griffith Did Nothing Wrong.

Awesome work too!

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 16:56 commented on Night killer

Impressive use of colors and dithering. The composition you have going is helping this be more badass as a piece as a whole.

I like what you did here Paul McCartney.

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 16:53 commented on Big Bird

Koto, I'm not anyone important in this case but I would question whether or not it's the QR code that you pixeled in as a signature.

From the looks of the previews I see nothing wrong from the two that were declined however I'm wondering if that is the case in which scenario it probably isn't helping the pieces get accepted. It's also a little difficult to tell without seeing the detail files with the zoom function on PixelJoint =/.

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 14:30 commented on Big Bird

Done, and done. Thank you!

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 13:27 commented on The Girl In Red

I honestly didn't realize who this was by until I looked at the username and noticed you've been doing some stuff recently.

Glad to see that you're still active making stuff. Cheers!

P.S. I'm actually masterofthepee from PT.

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 09:19 commented on Big Bird

Can admins change usernames of anyone on pixel joint upon request?

Hoenstly been wondering this as of late since my username on a majority of other sites has changed but if it isn't already clear that users can't really do this on their own so can't really do much on my end there.

DioShiba @ 6/26/2020 09:17 commented on Tetrominoes

Nice use of color and perspective. Tis liking this quite a bit.

DioShiba @ 6/25/2020 12:42 commented on In memory of an old friend.

Should also be worth mentioning that the poem on this was hers.

This was done because I felt that, naturally if I was going to give some kind of tribute to a fellow creative the least I can do is honor her memory with her work.

Anyhow, thanks guys.

DioShiba @ 6/11/2020 08:29 commented on Recovery in Space

Nice, really digging how much detail went into this.

Amazing job.

DioShiba @ 6/10/2020 10:59 commented on Rest In Power George Floyd

I looked into it and for some reason the PNG I saved it as wasn't working with PixelJoint's system so I tried GIF. Should work now.

DioShiba @ 3/16/2020 17:53 commented on RED

Really digging the use of shading here. Awesome work all in all on one of my most favorite creepypastas!

DioShiba @ 1/21/2020 05:54 commented on growth from failure

Quite a lovely piece, has a subtle hint of macabre thrown into it that I like. Good work!

DioShiba @ 1/1/2020 10:14 commented on Closet

I really love the lighting in this particular piece. Awesome work.

DioShiba @ 1/1/2020 10:13 commented on City background

Ah, I see. No worries sometimes it happens.

DioShiba @ 12/27/2019 13:17 commented on City background

Whilist this is a good piece, there is litterally no need to blow the piece up to this size of an image given pixeljoint's zoom feature.

DioShiba @ 11/7/2019 07:24 commented on The Stargazers

Okay this deserves to be in the hall of fame in my honest opinion.

this is a beautiful work of pixel art and its well animated. Awesome job.

DioShiba @ 11/4/2019 11:29 commented on Regrowth

If civilization as we know it ends this is how I expect people to live now.

Awesome work.

DioShiba @ 11/3/2019 14:16 commented on Long

I love the minimalistic approach to this piece. Feels very underground.

DioShiba @ 10/30/2019 22:23 commented on Big Bird