crozier @ 12/4/2015 12:23 commented on Big Bird

Jals been there for me. I was in a dark place at one point, and Jal talked to me for a while. Like- I look thru all my old messages, and they're almost all from Jal, whether wishing me a happy birthday or having a serious conversation with me.

Jal messages me a short time after we talked this, and it really changed how I view myself. I haven't really been doing pixel art lately, but I've spent hundreds of hours doing photography and video just this last month alone. But, I know that I can always improve, and that I shouldn't hate myself because I make bad art or the like. Thanks Jal.

crozier @ 11/28/2015 16:05 commented on Big Bird

Heh- everybody is still here... How's everybody doing today?

crozier @ 5/9/2015 09:04 commented on Truck

Thanks Eggy and Drazile!

I'll have to find that and try doing them all!

crozier @ 5/4/2015 06:46 commented on Truck

Yes! I loved the lava level and the water level challenges. Was there any other "The X level" challenges that I missed? Cause I really dig these ones.

crozier @ 5/2/2015 07:21 commented on Big Bird

I'm liking super hero movies, less and less, nowadays. They're just getting a little too derivative of each other. The Wolverine was probably the last one I really enjoyed, because it wasn't that special effects heavy, relied on a new cast, and had a mood that didn't feel forced. Kick Ass was REALLY good (hyperviolent, moody, with memorable anti-hero characters) and Mystery Men was cute (the characters are all oblivious idiots). The non-traditional stuff is usually the good stuff.

crozier @ 4/29/2015 08:22 commented on Petrichor

It doesn't really read as night, but I really dig the colors and pseudo-random dithering. Really gives it a mood/style. The checkerboard dithering in the corners (most notably in the top right corner) is a little distracting and could be polished to give more depth/texture. Nice work regardless, and good luck!

And welcome to pixeljoint!

crozier @ 4/23/2015 15:19 commented on Pokemon sprites training

Whoa, after looking at the preview I thought for a moment Cure did all of the gen 2 pokemon. Oh well ;p

But yeah, I really like the colors on Chesnaught and Steelix. Makes 'em pop.

crozier @ 4/23/2015 15:10 commented on Big Bird

Beautiful work on the forum collab everyone! Glad to see it is finally finished.

Man I miss this site... Really gotta get back into pixeling- and with this week's great challenge, hopefully I get the time to get back into it!

crozier @ 7/28/2014 14:35 commented on Tarantula

Very interesting colors and texture. Good luck :)

crozier @ 7/28/2014 14:32 commented on Cap'n Jack

Man- this is a really tough vote. It's gonna be a really close one, me thinks'.

crozier @ 7/17/2014 11:18 commented on Breaking bad

Yeah, that's better :)

The only real critique I have is a few parts are somewhat unrefined. The beard and shirt look pretty jagged and could use a little fixing up. But other than that, nice job.

crozier @ 7/17/2014 07:38 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday Mandrill and PanicBomber :D

And I like the daily quote for today.

@Green- glad you're at least talking about these kinds of things, instead of leaving them bottle'd inside.I've never really been a social butterfly, but I do know that talking to friends helps. Everyone has bad events in their lives, but talking about both the good and the bad can really help sometimes.

crozier @ 7/17/2014 07:36 commented on Breaking bad

You should perhaps change the preview image. I wasn't expecting something this good based on that.

crozier @ 6/30/2014 16:26 commented on Sirdeka Forest

Wow- another perfect mockup from NoeL... At this rate my favorites page is going to be comprised of only NoeL stuff XD

crozier @ 5/29/2014 07:24 commented on Big Bird

I've said it once, and I'll say it again- you can't get 10000 ratings in one sitting, my friend!

crozier @ 5/25/2014 08:05 commented on Larry

Welcome to pixeljoint!

Well, the first thing that comes to mind when I see this piece is... "what is it?" I am afraid, the readability is a little off. But, hey, my avatar isn't that readable, either, so I won't be overly critical ;p

I like your moon piece from last week. But the most important thing to remember is to keep practicing. The more you practice and participate in the community, the better you become as an artist and the more fun you have.

crozier @ 5/25/2014 07:59 commented on Smart Snow White

Welcome to pixeljoint! This scene is very cute indeed

And just so you know, the moderators are a little stingy in what makes it into the gallery. They aren't big fans of semi-transparency (even if the piece is pixelart). But, anyway, nice work, and keep it up!

EDIT: Just so you know, NPA stands for Not Pixel Art. Things like Auto AA brushes or gradient masks or things of that nature tend to be grouped together as NPA. So, inphy was kind of imply that the lantern's glow and teleport effect utilized semi-transparency, which is NPA. I personally don't have any problem with it, but there is a small chance the moderators  have beef with it. Anyway, it's not something that you should really worry about.

crozier @ 5/19/2014 20:31 commented on Big Bird

Whuuu- schools out for me! Time to make some pixel art! go to work.

crozier @ 5/19/2014 20:25 commented on blue void

Welcome back, Achehar!

"Digging this challenge" is, indeed, a very appropriate phase for this week ;p

crozier @ 5/19/2014 20:20 commented on Unused Stuff - Cave Dungeon

Yet another NoeL work for me to favorite. I gotta say- I really like your style!

I'm getting a Final Fantasy 6 meets Yoshi's Island vibe from this. Neat.

crozier @ 5/1/2014 20:44 commented on megaman

I like this! Great color on this one, Siikikala.

crozier @ 5/1/2014 14:35 commented on Grassland Cave Mockup

Many thanks Nickropheliac! And welcome to pixeljoint! Hope to see work from you :D

crozier @ 4/4/2014 09:21 commented on DraGoons

Very nice!

I can't tell what the first one is. Is it the dragon from the Rugrats movie or perhaps the one from Bubble Bobble?

crozier @ 3/24/2014 19:00 commented on ghosties

I like the wispy layering going on on both Haunter and Gastly. It's nice.

crozier @ 3/6/2014 14:04 commented on Big Bird

19 seconds? I NEED MORE!

But yeah that sounded pretty slick.