Opacus @ 6/7/2022 06:04 commented on Endless Masquerade

Love how you used dithering to create a shallow depth of field effect.

Opacus @ 3/6/2022 11:07 commented on Retro nightmare before Christmas :)

You're right. It's like a 68 course dinner and a matching wine menu.

Opacus @ 2/13/2022 15:00 commented on Dream Game Mockup.

Beautiful work! I love the way you subtly vary in saturation and tint of the greens. Really gives it this alive and lushious feel.

Opacus @ 10/21/2021 02:48 commented on Deutsch Army Sergeant In Tank

Never has so much soup dominated the monthly top.

Opacus @ 9/3/2021 02:23 commented on anxious

That is some flawless rendering. The ripples in the water, the fabric, the hair, the plants. Very impressive work.

Opacus @ 4/29/2021 07:15 commented on Terra x2

is there a non-purist version i can see?

Opacus @ 3/12/2021 18:05 commented on Knight Rider

Man this is fantastic

Opacus @ 3/5/2021 16:44 commented on Encounter

Lovely piece. Great use of negative space. I love how the black of the trees blends with the water, and then having the clear reflection to accentuate that it is water is such a beautiful touch. The lighting is so stark, kind of gives of the feel of a flash photo which gives it this eerie quality. Great composition as well, with that more open part of the woods creating depth.

Opacus @ 2/2/2021 12:56 commented on Junkpunk Swamp Stop

Really good stuff. The non-purist version is especially nice. Just begs for an animation though!

Opacus @ 12/16/2020 11:46 commented on Retro nightmare before Christmas :)

My dude, this is a treat. Every time I look at it I see something new.

Opacus @ 12/8/2020 01:32 commented on KLOA_SWORD COMBO

Great stuff! The timing is excellent. Feels like the slashes have a lot of power to them. Love the little dash at the end.

Opacus @ 8/21/2020 01:43 commented on Dying Breed (Part 6)

This series is a real treat. Stylisticly great. Amazing colour use. And a sense of humour to boot.

Opacus @ 6/22/2020 06:37 commented on 2020

I envy your patience. Beautiful work.

Opacus @ 6/19/2020 05:25 commented on Sky Route

Love this. Great vibe. Beautiful colours, super atmospheric.

Opacus @ 5/25/2020 04:05 commented on Sailormoonredraw

Really well done! Love how you did her expression.

Opacus @ 5/4/2020 10:29 commented on Random Sprite Dump 3

Great work! Nightmare is especially excellent. Also loving the wolf.

Opacus @ 11/20/2019 01:51 commented on Eldest Souls

This is crazy dude. Excellent work.

Opacus @ 9/13/2019 08:42 commented on Titan

Very nice! I really like the mech design. If this is truly a mock-up and you want this to be game-worthy, I'd try to differentiate more between the background and important objects such as the mech. Right now, the mech is pretty desaturated even though it's the main player (or so I assume). Might be less pretty, but making it pop would make it work better in a game. Also, because the ui elements are so saturated, I think they distract from the game world and becomes the first thing your eyes are led to. I think they should be clear, but unobstrusive and not too distracting. Again though, really great style! Would totally pick this up if you were ever to turn it into an actual game.

Opacus @ 7/4/2019 08:17 commented on Deer God Arena

This is fantastic. Beautiful rendering and colours. I do feel there's some slight depth issues with the bigger tree, and the lack of rendering on the trunk there kinda makes it stand out like a sore thumb compared to all the other amazing detail. I'd say give the big tree a little revamp and this is pretty much flawless.

Opacus @ 7/1/2019 03:51 commented on figieglihdifge?kldfjgiepgi&???.

Too cool. Love the vibe on this. Reminds me Simon Stalenhag's work.

Opacus @ 6/24/2019 04:55 commented on goat

Quite nice! Really liking the colours on this and the rendering on the clouds is great. The creature is also nice with some Panda-ish AA-ing. I think the only realy problem is the right wing (from the creature's perspective). Its hard to see where the head ends and the wing begins. Making the shading lighter on that wing would really help seperate them, and also give more depth to the creature and give it a better sense of scale. I also think the right wing has perspective issues. Judging from the way it's positioned, I would say the right wing should face the same way as the other wing and be slightly behind it.

Lastly, it might be cool to make the creature emerge from the clouds and have them break away a bit where he comes out, like in an ocean. That would really drive the point home of how big it is. Right now it just seems to kinda dissapear on the lower half.

Again though, very nice! Address these points and this piece will truly be the GOAT.

Opacus @ 1/18/2019 03:55 commented on The Machine Stops

Hah, the longterm result of Weirdmaggedon.

Opacus @ 1/18/2019 03:54 commented on The Machine Stops

I definitely looked a lot at Finlal's work throughout the process. Love his work.

Opacus @ 1/3/2019 01:42 commented on Big Bird

It is indeed quite nice. What I still don't understand is how one of the biggest 'design' companies in the world has such a poor website with awful, awful typography.

Opacus @ 12/22/2018 04:13 commented on Some EagleIsland Backgrounds

Defo understand, though I think you're a prime example of how pixel art doesn't have to be that. (Plus, it's not like I can never appreciate kitsch.) Hope you don't ditch it completely still because you've got some real talent :)