Opacus @ 8/21/2020 01:43 commented on Dying Breed (Part 6)

This series is a real treat. Stylisticly great. Amazing colour use. And a sense of humour to boot.

Opacus @ 6/22/2020 06:37 commented on 2020

I envy your patience. Beautiful work.

Opacus @ 6/19/2020 05:25 commented on Sky Route

Love this. Great vibe. Beautiful colours, super atmospheric.

Opacus @ 5/25/2020 04:05 commented on Sailormoonredraw

Really well done! Love how you did her expression.

Opacus @ 5/4/2020 10:29 commented on Random Sprite Dump 3

Great work! Nightmare is especially excellent. Also loving the wolf.

Opacus @ 11/20/2019 01:51 commented on Eldest Souls

This is crazy dude. Excellent work.

Opacus @ 9/13/2019 08:42 commented on Titan

Very nice! I really like the mech design. If this is truly a mock-up and you want this to be game-worthy, I'd try to differentiate more between the background and important objects such as the mech. Right now, the mech is pretty desaturated even though it's the main player (or so I assume). Might be less pretty, but making it pop would make it work better in a game. Also, because the ui elements are so saturated, I think they distract from the game world and becomes the first thing your eyes are led to. I think they should be clear, but unobstrusive and not too distracting. Again though, really great style! Would totally pick this up if you were ever to turn it into an actual game.

Opacus @ 7/4/2019 08:17 commented on Deer God Arena

This is fantastic. Beautiful rendering and colours. I do feel there's some slight depth issues with the bigger tree, and the lack of rendering on the trunk there kinda makes it stand out like a sore thumb compared to all the other amazing detail. I'd say give the big tree a little revamp and this is pretty much flawless.

Opacus @ 7/1/2019 03:51 commented on figieglihdifge?kldfjgiepgi&???.

Too cool. Love the vibe on this. Reminds me Simon Stalenhag's work.

Opacus @ 6/24/2019 04:55 commented on goat

Quite nice! Really liking the colours on this and the rendering on the clouds is great. The creature is also nice with some Panda-ish AA-ing. I think the only realy problem is the right wing (from the creature's perspective). Its hard to see where the head ends and the wing begins. Making the shading lighter on that wing would really help seperate them, and also give more depth to the creature and give it a better sense of scale. I also think the right wing has perspective issues. Judging from the way it's positioned, I would say the right wing should face the same way as the other wing and be slightly behind it.

Lastly, it might be cool to make the creature emerge from the clouds and have them break away a bit where he comes out, like in an ocean. That would really drive the point home of how big it is. Right now it just seems to kinda dissapear on the lower half.

Again though, very nice! Address these points and this piece will truly be the GOAT.

Opacus @ 1/18/2019 03:55 commented on The Machine Stops

Hah, the longterm result of Weirdmaggedon.

Opacus @ 1/18/2019 03:54 commented on The Machine Stops

I definitely looked a lot at Finlal's work throughout the process. Love his work.

Opacus @ 1/3/2019 01:42 commented on Big Bird

It is indeed quite nice. What I still don't understand is how one of the biggest 'design' companies in the world has such a poor website with awful, awful typography.

Opacus @ 12/22/2018 04:13 commented on Some EagleIsland Backgrounds

Defo understand, though I think you're a prime example of how pixel art doesn't have to be that. (Plus, it's not like I can never appreciate kitsch.) Hope you don't ditch it completely still because you've got some real talent :)

Opacus @ 12/21/2018 05:01 commented on Some EagleIsland Backgrounds

Totally loving your painterly, almost lightly impressionist style. It's impressive how well you render with such seemingly loose strokes. There's a beautiful fluidity to it. It feels like a breath of fresh air with how rigid and overly polished, bordering on kitsch, pixel art can sometimes be.

Opacus @ 12/11/2018 05:26 commented on Dreadnought

Some nice work here! Always loved the dreadnought design. Have one at home even tho I don't actually play Warhammer. A few crits: it looks a bit squished. The dreadnought is bulky and fat, but not quite this bulky and fat. He should be slightly taller and leaner. Now he has no room to move his joints. The fact that the canvas ends immediately at the feet also contributes to this. Wanted to end with saying the metal rendering is just lovely. Gives it a very gritty and worn look which is perfect for it. Give the proportions a little fix and this is top notch!

Opacus @ 12/5/2018 06:02 commented on Big Bird

Atnas said they weren't able to send out forum wide messages this year to alert people of Secret Santa, so that probably explains the decrease in participants.

Opacus @ 11/28/2018 07:09 commented on Big Bird

Yes join in for some fun on Secret Santa! First time I'll be participating in 6 years I think. Can't wait to push some pixels again. Would love to see some more of you there.

Opacus @ 11/28/2018 07:07 commented on Overdone.

Nicely done vierbit. That's some serious trophy hogging there.

Has there ever been a monthly top where 5 or more trophies went to the same person?

Opacus @ 10/6/2018 12:43 commented on Dodonpachi #6

Looking at your first attempt this is some amazing progress. Lovely design, the depth in the wings is very pleasing. I also like how the simpler wings really make the complexity of the mid-part stand out.

Opacus @ 9/4/2018 06:57 commented on ...

That background is absolutely breathtaking

Opacus @ 4/8/2018 03:59 commented on The Collector

Really good stuff. Loving the palette and texturing. Little feedback point: I like how the character pops, but he also feels a bit like he's been pasted into the scene. I think some subtle lighting from the fire on the trees/leaves around him could help connect the background and character a little more.

Opacus @ 3/16/2018 03:10 commented on Dracula-3000

Cool stuff. Reminds me of the Space Jockey from Alien.

Opacus @ 11/24/2017 04:55 commented on The Deep

Thanks man :) Much appreciated. I've been drooling over your animation work for sometime. Very impressive stuff you did for Duelyst.

Opacus @ 11/3/2017 10:02 commented on The Mummy Demastered