Omegavolt @ 6/18/2008 21:25 commented on El Jetel
I usually frown on dithering on such a small body, but this is glorious!  Well done!

Omegavolt @ 3/23/2008 19:52 commented on A Pixelated Photograph
Outstanding work on the hair highlights!   And dithering!  And, well... all of it!  The only crit I would have is that here right cheek seems a bit swollen with the curve of the lower part of the right eye and the shadow coming down from the eye.  Gives the cheek a little too much volume.  But hey, its better than I can do!  Great job and fav'd!

Omegavolt @ 1/22/2008 19:25 commented on Tribesman
Absolutely stunning.  You win at pixel art.

Omegavolt @ 12/9/2007 05:43 commented on Wayne Static
Thanks!  Yeah, there are a few things about this sprite that I can see as glaringly obvious mistakes, but thats always in hindsight.  I think its probably best to make a sprite, then sit on it a few weeks and then come back to it.  I might do some edits if I can find the time.  Thanks for the feedback! :)

Omegavolt @ 3/23/2007 21:41 commented on Wayne Static
Thanks man!  The hair took me some time to make properly.  Iso spikes are a new one for me. :P

Omegavolt @ 3/21/2007 22:46 commented on Walking Dread
I think its appropriately creepy!  The hair came out awesome.

Omegavolt @ 3/20/2007 12:32 commented on The Balance

OHMYGODWETMYPANTS...

Didn't your Mom teach you not to be awesome ALL the time?

Omegavolt @ 3/12/2007 10:35 commented on Iso Cottage

YAY ISO!

Love the palette.  Low saturation and high contrast make for a lovely cartoon-ish game-y look.  My only crits would be the stones in the walk, which seem to be a slightly different angle than the rest of the piece, and the roof seems to be asymmetrical with the back of the roof stopping higher on the house than the front.

Other than that its brilliant, 5/5!   Looking forward to more! ^_^

Omegavolt @ 2/28/2007 12:22 commented on Grrrl
Awesome!  I'm digging the red in this.

Omegavolt @ 2/18/2007 05:23 commented on Picross
Not as much contrast as I would normally like, but its PICROSS, the perfect pixel game, so WIN!

Omegavolt @ 2/13/2007 05:18 commented on aDDD
Score 1 for the ISO crowd!  You're my hero, Jal, this is amazing! :D

Omegavolt @ 1/1/2007 05:51 commented on Colossal Katamari
Perfect palette choice.  +5/+fav

Omegavolt @ 1/1/2007 05:47 commented on Winter Scouts
Amazing work as always!  And thanks for the WIP gif, I always love those.

Omegavolt @ 12/11/2006 13:22 commented on Molly the Mollusc
Great job on the anatomy, the contrast, the lighting, the everything!

Omegavolt @ 12/9/2006 01:54 commented on Isometric Human Base

KAPPTIN:  I agree with the breasts, I dont think I put enough rib underneath them.  I hope to fix that soon.  I definitely need to up the contrast on them as well.

Pawige: I made the feet big on purpose I'm afraid.  Its the way I prefer the body to look.  Same thing with the wrists, or lack thereof.  I do agree with you though, they are big for normal sprites. :)

Omegavolt @ 12/5/2006 12:42 commented on Isometric Human Base

That means a lot coming from you Jal, Im a big fan of your work.  Thanks! :)

Omegavolt @ 12/4/2006 13:47 commented on Fire Dragon

It was constructive criticism. ;)

Pillow-shading is an unrealistic way to shade your pieces.  Makes them look fluffy like a pillow, hence the name.  Pick a light source and shade appropriately.  If the light is coming from the direction of the viewer, then most of the front of the dragon's face would be lit up, not all shadowy around every edge like you have it.

Omegavolt @ 12/3/2006 19:01 commented on Wolfie VS Raptors
The iso-raptors are AMAZING!  And the grass is perfect!  Excellent piece! :)

Omegavolt @ 11/14/2006 13:38 commented on The Temple
I am envious of those who arent afraid to stray from standard colors.  Its something I have to work on heavily myself.  The fact that you used such a wide ranges of hues on the temple and still make it look so seamless is amazing.  And green clouds???  I never would have in a million years, but you aced it.  Brilliant work.

Omegavolt @ 11/14/2006 13:32 commented on Festive
I wouldve swore it couldnt be done unless Id seen it with my own eyes.  Saturation fear is not a factor for you!  Amazing work! :D

Omegavolt @ 11/12/2006 12:56 commented on Knight Guy

Trial and error really.  And playing a lot of iso games helped.  I start off with an iso tile, make it into an iso box, then practically sculpt the character out of the box.  Still need to do that tutorial. :P

Thanks for the comment! :)

Omegavolt @ 11/6/2006 05:42 commented on The Mob [Updated]
Awesome amounts of detail in a iddy biddy liddle space!  Excellent work! :D

Omegavolt @ 10/17/2006 05:19 commented on Star Wars characters

It would be good enough if you were just able to make out who each person was with sprites this small, but the detail you added made the resemblances SPOT ON.  Awesome work, I could only hope to achieve this level of skill.  Fived and faved! :)

Omegavolt @ 9/13/2006 06:58 commented on Victorian horror hero
Looks good mate!  28x28 is not an easy canvas size to fit a lot of detail into, but you pulled it off great!  +5!

Omegavolt @ 7/24/2006 09:58 commented on Fairplay
The face is perfection, though the crease over the bridge of the nose is a bit prominent.  The grass is awesome as well.  Neat stamp idea!  Fived and faved! :D