RaptorFarmer @ 4/1/2011 06:54 commented on First Mate Alph portrait

Reminds me of the Link from Twilight Princess.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/22/2011 23:49 commented on Water 32x32

I think the grid is more visible in the lighter parts.  Have you tried simply lowering the contrast?

RaptorFarmer @ 2/21/2011 13:55 commented on C64 Wide Spites

You could probably reduce file size by saving it as a PNG and using a hex editor to change it's hight and width ratios.  That's what I do when I want to make C64 wide pixels, but I'm not so good at pixeling so I never post them.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/20/2011 16:55 commented on Two

I think you should just make the birds white.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/16/2011 13:59 commented on Reclaim

I agree, the green is too bright.  The plants could also use more detail instead of just being speckled everywhere.  You could try to defign some leaves on the tree, blades in the grass and vines on the wall.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/15/2011 21:56 commented on Cow

My!  How crass!

RaptorFarmer @ 2/10/2011 22:57 commented on Cola

I did some more work on it.

I tried to follow your example without copying you.  It looks a lot better, I think.

You showed me I had a color I wasn't using to it's full potential.

I tried to show the back side of the label through the other side of the bottle.  That adds a lot more detail and depth.

Oh, the surface of the soda in the bottle was flat in the reference I used, because it was a level view.  But it looks a lot better looking down at it slightly.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/10/2011 11:10 commented on Cola

It looks like I need more practice with shading and light sources.  I've never painted a transperant object before, so this bottle was a first.  I'll have to practice drawing jello and glasses of water.

It just so happens that I found a good pixel art tutorial on how to paint red jellow :P

Thanks about the palette.  I've been working on one of those palette charts; lining up colors like a cross word puzzle.  I think it's still a bit sloppy, so I'm still working on it.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/6/2011 23:29 commented on Cola

Thanks, I appreaciate the help.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/6/2011 23:28 commented on Cola

Thanks, I appreaciate the help.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/6/2011 15:09 commented on Cola

I did some work on it a few days ago, but I forgot to tell ya.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/3/2011 23:01 commented on Cola

I've been reading about banding since I read your comment.  I've found some great tutorials, but I think I need to read some more.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/3/2011 22:33 commented on Boss Mockup

Reminds me of Gradius.

RaptorFarmer @ 2/3/2011 22:29 commented on Sonichu

I think you should crop off some of the left side and do something with the bottom right corner, cuz that's too much empty space.

RaptorFarmer @ 1/21/2011 16:18 commented on Unfinished game sprite

Her back does seem too straight, but that's because her arms are at her sides.  Maybe you should poof the sleeves of her shirt out a bit so they'r not so flat on the back.

RaptorFarmer @ 1/6/2011 22:32 commented on Leading Star

I think the mountains would look rougher without dithering.  They look more like crumpled sheets right now.

RaptorFarmer @ 12/19/2010 17:19 commented on Cloud 9

Yeah, it's difficult to draw smiles that small.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/28/2010 21:07 commented on Legend of the Hidden Temple

Oh I used to love that show.  Very educational.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/25/2010 08:35 commented on Wrong Turn

This seems a bit unfinished, especially compared to other stuff you've done.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/9/2010 22:04 commented on Mountainside

I love the choice in colors.  Pixeled landscapes are the best.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/6/2010 19:32 commented on Init

Great choice of colors and dithering.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/6/2010 19:13 commented on Light Fantastic

What a great cityscape.  I love landscapes.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/6/2010 19:11 commented on Scratch my back, would ya'?

Ah, this was one of my favorites on deviantART.

RaptorFarmer @ 11/6/2010 19:09 commented on Burning_Sunrise(panorama)

I love landscapes and pixel art.  And you did this one great!

RaptorFarmer @ 11/6/2010 18:51 commented on Run, little man!

I wish I could put so much detail in such a small image.