Groogokk @ 4/24/2012 12:40 commented on Shippy

I meant the light orange things in the lower left corner. I believe they're not really spherical.

Groogokk @ 4/18/2012 13:55 commented on Rib cage

What an unlikely thing to pixel! Well done, especially the colours/stained paper, as others have pointed out.

Groogokk @ 4/18/2012 13:52 commented on Shippy

Looks like a fun space vessel. The smaller planets in the background look a bit uneven, though.

Groogokk @ 2/19/2012 00:58 commented on Martian tree

Yes, kind of mesmerizing.

Groogokk @ 2/19/2012 00:56 commented on Pirate Game Cast

Thanks!

Groogokk @ 1/31/2012 11:01 commented on iPhone Mockup III

Nice, especially the walls and the goat (?), but it does have a recycled feel to it, like Faceless said.

I find the ground beneath the character's feet a bit hard to read. Is that just soil not covered with vegetation?

Groogokk @ 1/29/2012 09:22 commented on iPhone Mockup II

The roof tiles are instantly recognizable. Nice colours & foliage, again.

Groogokk @ 1/26/2012 09:16 commented on Yoshi Life

Inconsistent lighting, pillow shading, superfluous background.

Groogokk @ 1/18/2012 09:11 commented on Chrono Trigger: Guardia Forest Remake

Fantastic stuff, especially the leaves and rays of light in the background. :)

Groogokk @ 1/18/2012 06:51 commented on You cannot pass v. 2.0

Kein Wunder, bin da noch seltener als hier. ;) Viel Spaß beim Pixeln!

Groogokk @ 1/17/2012 09:00 commented on You cannot pass v. 2.0

Thanks! I remember you from the forums of multimediaxis.de.

Groogokk @ 1/17/2012 08:58 commented on iPhone Mockup I

For me, the buildings are purple, too. And I love it! Great foliage, grass and walls. The characters are fine, too, but maybe a bit small when compared to the ladders and roof tiles?

Groogokk @ 1/15/2012 12:04 commented on Bottle

Well done! Dragonwarrior0's advice is good, though.

Groogokk @ 10/27/2011 10:32 commented on Starship_base

Are Gecimen and I the only people to fail to see a ghost in this piece (weekly challenge)?

Groogokk @ 10/25/2011 21:22 commented on Robonut ( Nyan Cat version )

This is fun. Very dynamic... :)

Groogokk @ 10/24/2011 08:29 commented on lunge attack!

In GIMP, you'll probably have to add an alpha channel to be able to use transparency. In my version this is done via "layer" (main menu) => "transparency" => "add alpha channel". After doing that, you can use a tool of your choice to select the background and press "Del(ete)" on your keyboard to remove it.

Groogokk @ 10/21/2011 22:54 commented on The First Swaggernaut

Good work, but on the left side of his/her body, I find it hard to see where what is meant to be part of the body and what is meant to be part of the arm.

Groogokk @ 10/21/2011 22:48 commented on Future Warfare

Very nice expansion of In Mech we trust.

Groogokk @ 10/20/2011 06:02 commented on RPG Tree

The foliage is great. Is there a reason why the branches sticking out on the lower left and right side are almost symmetrical? I'm wondering if the piece wouldn't look even better without them.

Groogokk @ 10/20/2011 05:58 commented on The Scooby Gang

I like how although black outlines usually don't work well, they do in this piece.

Groogokk @ 10/20/2011 05:42 commented on Top 10 Star Wars Characters

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Groogokk @ 10/17/2011 07:36 commented on ΚΑΛΛΙΣΤΗΙ

Never played Flashback, but felt reminded of Mission Elevator. Great piece anyway.

Groogokk @ 10/15/2011 00:02 commented on Duo

Great for a first try. If you clean up the double pixel outlines that are left in some places, this will look even better.

Groogokk @ 10/14/2011 23:51 commented on Warcraft CGA

Great demake! I love the GUI and the background graphics, but for some reason I find the two bigger units in the topmost screen very hard to read. The one with the green frame around must be a tauren, but the one below it... a stone giant?

Oh, and yes, I think I would play it. ;) But at the time when this would have come out, my computer only sported a Hercules Graphics Card... :(

Groogokk @ 10/13/2011 11:15 commented on Boss Fight

Yeah, I like the tree and everything, too. zch is right about the missing pixel. The only other thing I'm not sure about is the projectile flying towards the tree. What is it supposed to be - a frisbee?