sm4tik @ 1/31/2011 01:32 commented on How to challenge your dragon

Just have to love this!

sm4tik @ 1/2/2011 14:34 commented on An early happy new year.. [was a bit too early - updated]

@DawnBringer: just keep on pickin' the nits, I'm glad you do! I'll have a look at it (and the whole palette actually) with a better display once I get that other computer up and running. I'm currently on a very old thinkpad x23 and the display is really really poor so I have absolutely no doubt that the palette might be / is more or less off. Thanks for a reminder!

sm4tik @ 12/27/2010 03:42 commented on her sweet child's favourite food [secret santa 2010]

Another nice one! I especially like that transparent feel to the wings. Also the landing spot is quite cool ;)

sm4tik @ 12/26/2010 15:02 commented on Dracula Underwater

..many hidden animals? Well, let's just be honest and say dithering is boring ;) Love this piece and definitely would've voted for it!

sm4tik @ 12/24/2010 15:06 commented on Nethack NES Mockup

I guess I'm just too used to the ascii.. but who knows, maybe some day I'll switch to a graphical interface and a screen like this wouldn't look bad at all. I hope something like this would get finished sooner or later!

sm4tik @ 12/24/2010 13:35 commented on Skimer Record Player

I like this one. IMO, the knob/button thing is fine since you're the manufacturer afterall! There's one thing that bothers me though. Is there a switch for the playing direction somewhere, or should one just hack a switch for it? Just want to make sure before buying one of these, cause currently the record is playing backwards :P

sm4tik @ 12/14/2010 23:23 commented on nu avatar

@EdJr: Thanks for the compliment. At the moment my spare time is very limited so I'm more comfortable practicing with smaller pics. The problem with a bigger pic is that the interruptions are something between frequent to constant and it's really hard to keep a focus on such a "project". ..kids, you know.. :) Also the fact that the pics are still taking quite alot of time to do is something to keep in mind.  I was actually positively surprised I was able to do this in a day!

@KrypToniTe: Haven't seen the trailer yet, have to check it out!

@Jeremy: ..Ummm, you caught me! I was browsing iLKke's gallery the night before and this is what came out the next day. It wasn't on purpose, I just realised it at some point while working. Kind of bothers me though.. :/

sm4tik @ 12/9/2010 22:57 commented on I aimed for the 8cc.. but failed

@Dennis: Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about. It hasn't been an issue so far since I haven't really drawn that much with a computer, but a new hobby always comes with new investments, right? Anyways, glad you liked the drawing!

sm4tik @ 12/6/2010 01:14 commented on Commander King

This is just awesome, me likes it very much thank you! I just love those little details you do, this time around the window. They really add the finishing touch to your work!

sm4tik @ 12/5/2010 03:37 commented on I aimed for the 8cc.. but failed

Thanks for all the comments!

You're all right about the preview. Looking at it now, it really does promise more than there is to the actual pic. It was actually a concious decision to draw the face close to no expression, but I picked the grumpiest part for the preview. I've been drawing too many angry faces (it's too easy I guess..) and was afraid that this one would end up beeing just one in the line..

About the 8th color.. For some reason, I was beeing really picky with the darkest/lightest colors as they are in the pic now and it's true I could've added more contrast to it even without adding a color. So basically I felt that the 7 was enough. I will be adding an extra color to the pic I'm working on based on this face (it will need it for sure!), but currently I just really want to try out something different. It still is a picture I really want to do, so it will get done, sooner or later ;)

@Delicious: Funny how those "last minute shortcuts just to get it done" somehow always end up catching someone's interest :)

That's enough talk, now back to the drawing board!

sm4tik @ 11/30/2010 09:26 commented on Gas Powered Deeratar

You're right.. no explanation needed ;) Another good laugh from you!

sm4tik @ 11/30/2010 08:09 commented on 7even Papercraft

Definitely have to fold those some day!

sm4tik @ 11/30/2010 01:33 commented on Trying Something New. . .

Love the roughness with this one!

sm4tik @ 11/30/2010 01:11 commented on Dead tree

I like the idea and the tree itself, but maybe if the pic was half the size, it would look better? Also if the tree wasn't straight in the middle, it would add tension to the composition. Keep up the good work!

sm4tik @ 11/30/2010 01:03 commented on Winter Starlight

Becoming current once again, this one really sets you in the right mood as christmas is getting closer. Nice work!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 13:28 commented on Log Bomb

I had a good laugh!! Love the walk and the friendly wagging tail after the bomb was released ;) Definitely a fav!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 13:19 commented on Clockwork Whistler

Just wonderful! Love the improvement from the original.

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 13:11 commented on Magentleman

Just makes me smile wondering what he sounds like?!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 13:07 commented on GraFX2.2 - scenish skin

This is what I've been seeing daily for a while now. Thanks for the skin!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 13:04 commented on 8 Color Club in session

It shows in the pic you had a good time doing it. Lovely little gentlemen!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 12:59 commented on LOAD IMAGE "GRFITI02.D64"

I had a good time loading it :)

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 12:58 commented on world's worst navy - 8 color panorama version

Another one of these "..what.. 8 colors?!" moments. Especially love the background.

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 12:54 commented on dude, i got myself a logo!

..and this with 8 colors.. man you sure know how to pick them right! Love the elasticity, good job!

sm4tik @ 11/29/2010 12:49 commented on Cat and Mouse

Many little things I love about this, make's me wan't to watch some old sci-fi movies. The palette is great and one just can't miss is that CCCP on the box and that poster on the wall which absolutely nails this one!