Schoq @ 1/5/2021 09:37 commented on Faces in palettes 3

These are so expressive

Schoq @ 7/23/2020 19:54 commented on Arc Welding for a Better Tomorrow

As a former welder this triggers my reflex to avert my eyes. Great piece.

Schoq @ 2/17/2019 13:49 commented on Big Bird

I have an image zooming plugin so I can work around it. I'm personally fine, but that's very much beside the point

Schoq @ 2/17/2019 11:43 commented on Big Bird

Would it be possible to make gallery images expand outside the borders when zoomed? right now any larger wider than tall can't be natively viewed in full on the site at 2x, even though most people's monitors should have well enough space to do so.

Schoq @ 12/6/2018 13:36 commented on Big Bird

A new improved version of LabChirp was just released. Useful for the game dev people here who like making sound effects in addition to pixels :D

Schoq @ 10/18/2018 05:07 commented on Big Bird

Just wanna inform all of you into game dev that this is going on!

Schoq @ 2/2/2018 07:18 commented on Dunes at Night album art

This sounds like an after the fact excuse, but I'm actually aware and made those areas as a sprite overlay on a separate layer (which I hope wouldn't for some reason be impossible on the NES). I made sure to otherwise check that it's all valid using NES Screen Tool. Sorry for not specifying. Thank you for taking the time to put the picture under such scrutiny and I'm glad it made a good test subject : )

Schoq @ 11/10/2017 12:19 commented on Big Bird

No, not every game usues a generic engine. Some indeed use a specialized one just for that game.

Schoq @ 10/17/2017 10:43 commented on Duck and Chicken

I love this

Schoq @ 8/31/2017 05:37 commented on Big Bird

would it be possible to implement on hover view for the new/weekly/hall of fame previews just like the top monthlies?

Schoq @ 9/16/2016 10:28 commented on Big Bird

Hey can I again complain about how it's pretty weird how you can't directly link someone's profile and have the actual gallery intuitively and readily visible (for the benefit of say, people not familiar with the site)? Right now the closest thing is doing this.

Schoq @ 8/27/2016 10:58 commented on The GFX Void Bludgeoner

oh crap

Schoq @ 7/16/2016 07:59 commented on Damian Wayne

the selout on the cape doesn't really work and is pretty distracting, otherwise very solid

Schoq @ 7/4/2016 10:19 commented on Big Bird

are you guys aware that the earth is round and time zones differ depending on where you live
anything will always be an awkward hour for some people

Schoq @ 4/1/2016 12:49 commented on Big Bird

It's cool how it's gone so far in america that people don't care (or think it's "hilarious") that an actual fascist is looking like viable presidential candidate.

It doesn't matter that he can't do anything of what few concrete things he's proposed according to the constitution and international law, the fact that that kind of rhetoric gets him votes among a substantial portion of the population is a really, really bad situation.

But sure keep being an ironic 4chan kid enjoying the spectacle for the epic lulz.

Fucking disgusting.

Schoq @ 3/14/2016 11:54 commented on Overland Battle

I love this!
The water could have maybe used some implied "texture", but I can see how that might have not fit your style restrictions.

Schoq @ 11/17/2015 16:40 commented on Beastlands

I love everything about this so much. So clean and such efficient use of tiles

Schoq @ 9/16/2015 13:51 commented on Big Bird

I guess you could check out jeet kune do
be like water

Schoq @ 9/13/2015 09:22 commented on Big Bird

Thanks a ton!

Schoq @ 9/13/2015 07:10 commented on Big Bird

So hey, some time ago I'm pretty sure someone in this chatterbox linked a website where you can input an image url and it runs it through a smart upscaling algorithm (hqx or similar) and out the other end comes a downloadable image.
I could use that right about now if someone remembers?

Schoq @ 1/5/2015 12:57 commented on Big Bird

oh
<_<

Schoq @ 1/5/2015 10:32 commented on Big Bird

Also spamming someone's firts game here since it wasn't accepted in the news :P
If you like shmups you should give it a try!

Schoq @ 10/30/2014 12:09 commented on Big Bird

There's a free version of GG though. The only think it's lacking that I remember is gif export

Schoq @ 8/12/2014 08:19 commented on Big Bird

There's something about pixel art that makes it difficult drawing furries?
What a blessed medium!

Schoq @ 8/10/2014 04:23 commented on Big Bird

"The Hero's Journey" probably, which is an analysis of existing stories but often mistaken for a lazy writing guide!