newGuy @ 3/18/2018 19:15 commented on Dungeon Party

Thanks! I'm gonna try and post more of these as the project goes on :)

newGuy @ 3/18/2018 19:01 commented on Dungeon Party

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's like this motly as a nod to the idle animations in Fire Emblem. In game, units would only animate this dramatically when selected, there would be a more subtle idle variant for when they're just standing around.

Thanks for the feedback, though!

newGuy @ 3/17/2018 22:27 commented on Big Bird

Thanks! I updated a couple hours back and it still isn't there, could you confirm the new one (5.92 kB) shows up for you?

newGuy @ 3/17/2018 18:31 commented on Big Bird

and for the reason it is not showing on the front page is because the preview image is over 10KB

Oh, damn, that was it. Been so long since I posted here, I completely forgot about that restriction.

Will updating it now do me any good, or is it gone from the front page forever?

newGuy @ 3/17/2018 18:04 commented on Big Bird

Hey, my latest submission isn't showing up in the queue or the 'new pixel art' section. It's also no longer under approval for me. Has it gone to some weird PJ limbo, or is it just a matter of time until it pops up?

newGuy @ 2/2/2015 16:21 commented on Big Bird

Yo, Pjers, I've been working on some mugshots/busts/whatevs for a couple characters, and I wanted feedback.

What do y'all think?

newGuy @ 6/13/2014 15:49 commented on Big Bird

Not for pixel work, no. Would you recommend it over GraphicsGale? I feel like it's too cluttered with non-pixel-friendly tools.

newGuy @ 6/13/2014 15:36 commented on Big Bird

Thanks Dr D and Daruda, GraphicsGale it is then! Just realized there is a 30-day trial option, so I'm gonna give it a run and possibly buy it, if it fits my workflow. :D

newGuy @ 6/13/2014 15:05 commented on Big Bird

Hey y'all PJers. Anyone cares to recommend a lightweight tool for animating? I'm currnetly stuck using a subpar pc, and I'm afraid the latest shining edition of photoshop is not gonna work for me. Is GraphicsGale any good for animating them pixels?

newGuy @ 3/15/2014 19:59 commented on Nebula Lady

Go check PixelChallenge! You got the bronze pixel!

newGuy @ 3/10/2014 17:33 commented on Nebula Lady

Hey! I'm glad you decided to go with the challenge! Very cool entry! :D

newGuy @ 8/4/2013 20:12 commented on Linked Seasons - Link

Whoa! This is the best thing ever!

newGuy @ 6/12/2013 17:29 commented on Waterfall (animated)

this is great, I though of ALttP instantly when I saw this animation. :)

newGuy @ 6/3/2013 17:02 commented on Big Bird

Why does Gimp hate my Wacom?

newGuy @ 6/2/2013 22:35 commented on Big Bird

That's... huh... actually a good point.

I dunno, I think I was trying to go for a divan-throne kinda thing, but it ended up just looking like a weird bed.

But you're right, and now I can't unsee how off it looks! D:

newGuy @ 6/2/2013 14:09 commented on Big Bird

Hey people! I did a pencil drawing and I'm sorta proud of how it came out, so I wanna know what you guys think!

Link

It was a character design challenge, and the theme was 'Oriental Queen'. I don't do much pencil stuff anymore, so any feedback is appreciated. :D

newGuy @ 5/6/2013 10:33 commented on For God's sake LINK!

Amazing! :D

Saved for future reference!

newGuy @ 5/4/2013 18:14 commented on Big Bird

Hey fellas, just got in a nasty fight with my gf and need to get it out of my mind until she's willing to talk to me again.

Any ideas?

newGuy @ 4/29/2013 12:24 commented on Big Bird

Hm, now you've said it, some of the GUI colors really look a little out of place. I wanted to make it as neutral as I could, since I plan on having different tilesets instead of just a cave one and I wanted it to look fine on any of them, but maybe it looks too dark compared to everything else.

The walls are bothering me ever since someone mentioned its shading makes it look more tubular than actually vertical, and in all honesty, I just threw that texture together in 5 min just to have something :P I just don't quite know what to replace it with.

What would you suggest for the font?

newGuy @ 4/29/2013 11:31 commented on Big Bird

The last I heard was that it once worked in a past version of Chrome, but they broke it once again in a recent update. Guess we can only hope for the best now.

On another subject, could you guys gimme some feedback on this:

In special, I want to improve the texture of the walls, but anything helps, from nipticking to ideas for other screens.

newGuy @ 4/22/2013 18:47 commented on Big Bird

Ooh, I like that idea!

I'll see what I can do with it!

newGuy @ 4/22/2013 18:42 commented on Big Bird

Tweaked that WIP piece of mine a bit, added a few elements and whatnot. Would you guys care to criticize?

Link

newGuy @ 4/21/2013 17:24 commented on Big Bird

Alright, so here's how it's coming along:

Clicky

Any ideas for more cave-ish elements and critics are very much welcome!

newGuy @ 4/21/2013 11:53 commented on Big Bird

Hey people, feedback wanted on this small wip piece:

Link

Also, is there any way to draw a 90º turn on a 16x16 railroad? Let's find out!

newGuy @ 4/11/2013 05:47 commented on CAT NO