Quarry @ 9/9/2013 07:44 commented on GAT-V5 Kingmaker

YISS!

Quarry @ 8/12/2013 15:04 commented on Game of Thrones

Hodor

Quarry @ 5/10/2013 11:23 commented on Pillage Desert Area

I loved the easter egg fish cloud! Also @FlyGuy; it's because this has a defined style and neither one of those do

Quarry @ 4/25/2013 09:49 commented on Psychedelic Side of the Moon

Will vote!

Quarry @ 4/21/2013 01:10 commented on Pickaxe

I don't know

Quarry @ 4/20/2013 09:58 commented on Codename Squiggler

That's pretty much the idea, we (mrmo is the artist, I'm the programmer) are planning on a Binding of Isaac-like randomly generated room based dungeon system. You are a snake that collects stuff in these rooms such as pellets and powerups and try to get to the end without killing yourself!

Quarry @ 4/18/2013 06:05 commented on Tibia: Deeplings Mockup

I loved that game until no-one spoke English in it, very nice work

Quarry @ 4/17/2013 12:02 commented on ogre team

These are amazing!

Quarry @ 4/16/2013 12:45 commented on 2013 Eagle

Wonderful!

Quarry @ 4/6/2013 01:13 commented on Surly (Ni No Kuni fan art)

Could use some AA, wonderful otherwise

Quarry @ 3/10/2013 13:23 commented on The Amazing Man-Spider

N-N-NIGHTMARE FUEL

Quarry @ 12/24/2012 09:47 commented on Super Mega Mini Street Fighter, Turbo Pixel

Quarry @ 12/8/2012 21:08 commented on Taktiks

One thing that has bothered me is the mechs having slight outlines and every other unit having none. I understand that their grays must be seperated but then you should outline other units too

Quarry @ 11/20/2012 21:11 commented on Apple colors your life

I don't think that'd be called a paradox but I love how smooth this looks

Quarry @ 11/7/2012 08:06 commented on Fruiticide sprites

This has some Earthbound feel to it

Quarry @ 10/22/2012 21:14 commented on Jack-o-carrot

Ghastly

Quarry @ 10/21/2012 07:22 commented on Very Very very... earlier game mockup

Looks amazing!

Quarry @ 10/17/2012 10:36 commented on Dawnbringer palette Test 17: Food 2

WHERE'S THE GAME

Quarry @ 10/13/2012 14:45 commented on Goddamned Tentaculats

Huzzah!

Quarry @ 9/22/2012 08:13 commented on Snowland

Not the code, but the algorithm is very simple. I just randomly get the main trunk height, for every pixel upwards I check if it should branch out. If it should, then it goes to left/right for a specific amount and goes up by the height of the branch. At the end of the trunk and branches a rectangle is drawn, which is proportional to the length of the trunk/branch it's connected to (proportional as in multiplied by a factor and also added with a random value to make it look neater and less repetitive)

That doesn't include the polish (shadow lines) generation, which are simply darker lines on the left of the rectangles and lighter lines on the right of the trunks/branches.

For the terrain, the top snow layer is a basic pattern. The dirt has 2x2 and 5x5 squares placed not totally random (when I did fully randomized generation a lot of them overlayed eachother) but with a kind of complex equation that uses a couple of randomization parameters to have a neat look. The moon is 24x24 and use a an equation very similar to the dirt's, it has the same shadow effect as the rectangles.

And lastly, the snow/stars (whatever you want them to be) is just randomly placed. Little ones have 80% (0-3 in 0-5) and bigger ones have 20% chance of being placed.

I think it's not really that simple...

Quarry @ 8/9/2012 10:20 commented on Temple of Lunarius Outside

Guess who's coding the game? Me!