AlanDrake @ 1/24/2021 04:20 commented on Submerged

Nice, love the atmosphere

AlanDrake @ 1/10/2021 09:09 commented on Isometric Environments

Good stuff and excellent choice of colors

AlanDrake @ 8/23/2020 11:38 commented on Dwarven Ruins Tileset [Tiny Thor]

I like the palettes and the lighting. Only thing I'd change in the background is giving the inner lamp bars a little antialiasing.

But that mini thor is too damn cute. I'd make it a little angrier.

There, now he's ready to rain blood for the glory of Odin's beard.

AlanDrake @ 4/29/2020 10:39 commented on Weaver's Burrow

I like it, it looks just like a metroidvania I would play.

AlanDrake @ 3/17/2020 13:54 commented on RED

Good pasta

AlanDrake @ 1/11/2020 17:19 commented on Gemino [Blasphemous]

Blasphemous, where the ultimate boss are pits and spikes.

Except a few pieces of lesser quality that clashed with the rest of the game, it was almost all eye candy for pixel artists.

I have PTSD about the windy snow mountains and  that "shortcut" room with the spikes and the swinging scythes.

I enjoyed the game, but those two parts were unfairly brutal, as was that nun at the top of the windy mountains that takes away half of your life in one hit, just before the save point. It feels like a brutal slap in the face the first time you're playing.

AlanDrake @ 1/10/2020 06:37 commented on Matrix poster

I use a old version of PSP which has a specific option but you can also use the "Image Specs Tool" under "Features" here on PixelJoint.

You can also count the number of color on Photoshop by using (or just attempting to) Mode -> Indexed Colors... and view the palette with "Color Table"

AlanDrake @ 1/9/2020 04:12 commented on Matrix poster

You have 41 colors there. it's not too many but I think most are unintentional since they're very slight variations.

You might want to add a little antialiasing to Neo's lower left part of the jacket, otherwise it looks good.

AlanDrake @ 11/19/2019 13:15 commented on Eldest Souls

A great piece, I love it

AlanDrake @ 11/19/2019 12:39 commented on Fighters of Azeroth - Shadowlands

That transparent fog is adding approximately 216 unique colors, you should try reduce the total color count to make pixeljoint happy.

AlanDrake @ 8/21/2019 09:28 commented on My Lord Bag Of Rice

Great colors and spritework

AlanDrake @ 8/20/2019 10:46 commented on Gathering

I like it.

You could give it a little more punch by playing with the colors, here's a subtle edit to the hue and saturation of the blues:

AlanDrake @ 1/1/2018 03:06 commented on Big Bird

Happy new year.
Hopefully a productive one

AlanDrake @ 9/28/2014 13:36 commented on War For Glory, War For Medals

The basic ZX colors and limitations makes it very hard to make good pictures, you should consider the SPECTRA interface as an excuse to a more extensive palette, which will no doubt give you better rewards and satisfaction.

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 10/14/2013 22:51 commented on Meet Uncle Woo, Elsa

Nice and clean

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 10/8/2013 22:35 commented on From the catacombs to the royal hall

Nice, very castlevaniesque.

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 9/13/2013 13:18 commented on Aileen walking v2

New version, I gave her a diet and some improvement.

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 11/19/2012 09:48 commented on Shrine of Lilith

I guess my monitor is too bright. Or my room too dark.

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 10/16/2012 11:06 commented on The clock room

Thank you.

About my work process, in this case I first put down the basic shapes on different layers, then I worked on shading and details.

As you see the wall was boring so I made a new layer over it with the bricks' outline and painted them to look like bricks. Then I added more details and played around with color balance to find the right mood.

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 10/14/2012 23:06 commented on The clock room

You were right gecimen... does it look better now ?

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 9/2/2012 22:45 commented on Shrine of Lilith

The head and hearts were redone from scratch. If you didn't notice that means I did a good job :D

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 9/2/2012 11:25 commented on Shrine of Lilith

Apologies, I was rushing things as usual and forgot about the rule! Fixed.

Here's the old version: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9929/eyeofdarkness3.gif

- Alan

AlanDrake @ 8/19/2012 02:13 commented on Fire on Mars

Aw, where did the two moons go ? They added a nice touch

AlanDrake @ 8/13/2012 09:25 commented on Eye of Darkness

Thank you EdJr, that trick worked! I know about the moon, I'll fix it sooner or later..

@PROZI: Blackthorne

AlanDrake @ 8/12/2012 23:47 commented on Temple of Lunarius Outside

Looks nice, I hope you'll get it done soon. I like metroidvanias.