ZacRay @ 11/1/2013 12:58 commented on Pixel Moon

Another great interview with another great artist. This is an excellent Pixeljoint feature, hope no one is missing it!

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 14:35 commented on Moon Knight

another dead link, found this one but I doubt it is the correct one... http://www.thebeardedtrio.com/2011/10/lucasarts-adventure-game-background-art.html

also found this from the above link, pretty cool... http://neurotech.imgur.com/

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 14:28 commented on Foot Ninja

dead link. Found this, is it what your posted? http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?id=742

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 11:51 commented on Silver Fish Darrel

Looks cool! The top portion kinds gets lost in the background but my laptop screen might be to blame for that.

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 11:34 commented on Big Air

Thanks a ton!! I screwed up and left off the border layer anyway, revealing a single black dot in the lower right corner. Argghhhh! So  I'm gonna delete it, and re-up it. Normally, I wouldn't do this, trying to avoid the "no wip posting" issue but in this one case, I screwed up the upload anyway. So I'm gonna spend a night studying your awesome rework and re-doing mine. Thanks again for all your help.

Update: Just saw that you can update submissions so no need to delete. Lol, I love it whenever I'm a newb again somewhere :)

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 11:31 commented on Big Air

Thanks a lot for commenting!

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 11:30 commented on meh

Lol :) I almost hit the Report button instead of Reply. Somebody woulda been like, "Whaaaat?" heh

ZacRay @ 10/31/2013 11:29 commented on meh

Yeah, I know, exactly why I don't like it. Have the same issue with my first submission, a pear. My problem is breaking away from years of doing traditional art. Gotta abstract it up a bit, but I'm workin on that. Thanks for commenting :)

ZacRay @ 10/28/2013 07:43 commented on Girl forest Mockup

Greets! Thanks again for joining my Facebook pixel art group and posting :) Guess I need to check out Stencyl, I use Scratch by MIT to write games.

ZacRay @ 10/28/2013 07:29 commented on Risen

Thanks a lot! I really just started, can't wait to do more :)

ZacRay @ 10/22/2013 13:04 commented on 4 color skull avatar

Thanks. Doing a lot of palette practice at the moment.

ZacRay @ 10/22/2013 13:03 commented on 4 color skull avatar

Thanks, still learning :)

ZacRay @ 8/29/2012 09:10 commented on Fighting Angels Mockup

I read all the nfo and posts and saw that you wanted non-traditional looking angels. Maybe my traditional art thinking is screwing me up, as in I'm thinking that you should be able to recognize what they are by sight alone. Realistically, in a game, you would have a lot of ways to do that through storyline, etc. My bad ><

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 14:26 commented on The Lion Knight's Challenge

Awesome work. Although formatted differently, reminds me a lot of this: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/59492.htm

Question!! You mention optimizing your palette towards the end. Could you give some specifics as far as what you mean/steps you take, etc? Please and TIA :)

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:35 commented on Mysterio

404 error: not found :(

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:28 commented on Legend of Iya Sewer tileset test

I am working on a side-scrolling platformer and am learning a ton from your posts. For example, using contrast to emphasize playable portions of the graphics. Thanks!

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:26 commented on Mario Bros Mockup

Great concept and execution! Puts the "mock" in mockup but in such a great way. Inspiring!

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:23 commented on DB's 16 Color Palette V1.0 Mockups

Amazing work and all your palette effort really shows. Huge thanks for the forum link, saved on my pc to my Tutorials folder!

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:19 commented on IND mockup, take two

I would play it. Contrary to what most people seem to be saying, I think you could important emphasize moments/cutscenes etc by using only 3 or 4 greys instead of adding color. Just an idea.

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:13 commented on Fighting Angels Mockup

Looks cool but unless I was told so, I wouldn't guess those were angels. Shouldn't the clock hands appear to be on the pther side of the glass?

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:09 commented on Gun-tasy

Kudos on the open area. May go against normal pixel art thinking but I've seen many awesome looking mockups that just had too much visual nfo onscreen at once. There is obviously a big difference between static aesthetics and "holy crap" speed. Guess it just depends on how true you are being to the mockup concept as more will probably win out over less around here most often.

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 13:03 commented on Nuskool platform mockup

Loving this "clean" nuskool style! Thanks for the introduction to it (am noob, give me glod)

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 12:49 commented on 8Bits trouble

"I just want my truck back"

WIN

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 06:35 commented on Hog Dash Tiles

what program did you tile this with? Very nice and clean looking.

ZacRay @ 8/27/2012 06:32 commented on Building

Your door needs to be moved to the right, it is off center, vary the window reflections, and add some texture details, but not too many, like in the tutorial.