Dajil @ 11/21/2012 03:06 commented on RPG Dungeons Mockup : Update 2

I think it looks great, but I agree with you about the staircase. I actually looked for it for about 15 seconds before my eyes spotted it. That tells me that it doesn't really resemble a staircase at all, and also it looks unrealistic. It looks more like a strange indentation in the floor. I think it definitely needs to be much larger, and match the perspective of the rest of the room. The staircase looks like it's going directly away from the viewer, not down into the next floor of the dungeon.

Dajil @ 11/5/2012 00:41 commented on Oxygene Laboratory Mockup

Dr. Nubbly

Dajil @ 10/31/2012 04:59 commented on Elven Mullet

Hahaha, I only titled it that because it looks like one and it made me laugh. I didn't mean to make the mullet elf.

Dajil @ 10/31/2012 00:46 commented on Elven Mullet

Thank you. And trust me, I have DEFINITELY learned from my WIP thread. I have taken many lessons from it that I will remember for future works. I left the outside AA the way it is simply because of the gray background of the website.

Dajil @ 10/29/2012 05:53 commented on Cat-girl-witch

Hey, this is really cool! I like the face on the hat a lot. Can't find any criticisms to give.

Dajil @ 10/26/2012 00:17 commented on Chip Beat Blaster - Logo

This is a cool concept. A chiptune guitar, right?

The only suggestion I would give is that you should change it to look like the music is coming out more toward the center of the guitar. It looks a little odd coming out of the corner.

Dajil @ 10/25/2012 04:23 commented on Pinjappleck-o-lantern

Thank you. I'm learning some hard lessons, that's for sure. I don't think I should have submitted this piece. It's too unfinished.

Dajil @ 10/24/2012 19:02 commented on Pinjappleck-o-lantern

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. I knew most of this already, but it literally felt like I reached a plateau as I got to this point in the piece. I knew there were things I could do that would increase the quality, but I just didn't know how to do them.

And you know... I may have been a little too ambitious... I learned that pineapples are hard to pixel.

Dajil @ 10/24/2012 18:42 commented on Pinjappleck-o-lantern

Gecimen, I've seen things you write to other users, and you don't seem to often give constructive comments.

If you would do me a favor and elaborate on what you mean by "sketchy", it'd be great. It was my second attempt and I want to get better. I left the background blank because I didn't know what to do to make it look good.

Dajil @ 10/24/2012 03:11 commented on Toad avatar

Hey man, I like yo FRAWG!

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 03:20 commented on yoyo

I like this a lot! Simplistic and yet looks great. Have you considered adding anything else to the bats? I assume they're bats, but they look as much like bats as they would weird lights hanging.

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 03:16 commented on True Doragon

Man... every time I look at someone elses work I'm just blown away. The problem is that I'm still too n00bley and starry eyed to actually give any criticisms... everything just looks too good :|

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 03:00 commented on Picnic

Awesome! I like the creatures you made. Also, the colors give it a nice comfortable feel. The words at the top seem like it's supposed to be sad. But I don't feel sad looking at it.

Is that a ghost head leaning out from behind the background tree?

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 02:52 commented on Kraken vs. Vikings

DUDE. I favorited this because it reminded me of The Lost Vikings. BUT IT IS THEM, ISN'T IT?!?!

Man.. it's so great. I hope that one day I can create things of the quality that you do.

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 02:51 commented on Legend of the Hidden Temple

Haha... the title. Right in the nostalgia.

Dajil @ 10/22/2012 00:05 commented on Dajil Avatar

Thanks, this is definitely constructive for me. I totally agree about the shading. I kept thinking to myself that it was hardly visible, but I thought the alternative of using flat colors was worse.

And yeah... the hair. That's definitely something I'll need to work on. I've never created pixel art before, so I know there's some methods I'll need to learn or refine.

Thanks a lot for the critiques.