rrrod @ 1/25/2015 09:41 commented on A Squirrel's Hunt

An interesting composition. Nice lighting!

rrrod @ 1/25/2015 09:39 commented on BrainBot Mk-VI

Damn, the animation is superb. How much time did you spend on this?

rrrod @ 11/12/2014 16:17 commented on Grizzly Slash - Mega Man X4

Great! It was really nice to see a pixel art in the collab.

rrrod @ 9/25/2014 16:07 commented on Cubes

Thanks guys!

It was going to be for a game, but it became another one of these "abandoned projects" :/.

rrrod @ 9/24/2014 16:14 commented on Nostalgia

Thanks for the critique guys!

@Lunch the reason I didn't put the gun at an angle is because it was supposed to follow the mouse pointer to rotate and shoot :/ .

@Manupix You're right, I should have tried another way to show the glasses better. Thanks!

rrrod @ 9/23/2014 15:22 commented on 1800's Character Set

Reminds me of Witchmarsh. Great work!

rrrod @ 9/8/2014 18:58 commented on Skull man

Stop being so awesome, dude.

How's that new palette going up, btw?

rrrod @ 9/8/2014 18:50 commented on Treasure

Thanks guys!

rrrod @ 9/7/2014 21:36 commented on Girly Grohly

I really dig the style! I do think it needed a bit more of work in the lower part (perhaps a stamp or something that would help with the volume, like what you did on the shirt).

rrrod @ 9/7/2014 13:25 commented on Man's Iron Mask

What beetle said. Love the pool water effect and the warm palette (which was pretty well managed as well). The only thing that is bugging me a bit is that left side of the mask. Nevertheless, great job (: .

rrrod @ 8/24/2014 11:37 commented on Dance

Your pieces are always pleasant to see, especially the warmth in the palette. Great job, Andrae.

rrrod @ 8/23/2014 20:48 commented on Generic Tree

The palette seems a bit too bland to match the cartoon-ish style (leaf + outline), but overall, it looks smooth and good. Nice job!

rrrod @ 8/23/2014 20:45 commented on Untitled

I'm just not a fan of the sky, but everything else looks great to me (= .

rrrod @ 8/1/2014 19:56 commented on Big Bird

Yeah, K.I.S.S ("Keep It Simple, Stupid!"). Perhaps you should take a break from conventions and experiment with pixel art? maybe try to do some stuff like in Hyper Light Drifter where they do a mix of traditional pixel art along with gradients and other effects.

I dunno, I might just be saying nonsense.

rrrod @ 7/31/2014 00:33 commented on Big Bird

AlexHW's pixel art tool is out for testing. Anybody else wanna give it a try?

rrrod @ 7/30/2014 16:09 commented on Sunset

Lovely. I think you could try messing around with the rock texture a bit more at the dark area. Great job on the composition!

rrrod @ 7/29/2014 15:35 commented on Big Bird

@Mathias Thanks a lot for clarifying! I always wondered what the big companies did with their old 2D tools. Gotta take a look at Spine later. And Spriter as well.

@Daruda Haha, thanks :p.

@Daruna and Caca everything depends on many things (budget, time, art syle, resolution) if you're working for a pixel art-based game.  But the more tools we have available, the better .

SNK is god at making pixel-art. I never get tired of looking at KoF and Metal Slug gifs.

This rain background...

rrrod @ 7/29/2014 14:46 commented on Big Bird

@Mathias So you can use some 3D tools in Spine then? that sounds neat!

rrrod @ 7/29/2014 14:44 commented on Big Bird

@king_bobston It looks like he warped some parts, but I'm pretty sure he had to draw some frames for the head and a few other parts as well (if that's fully 2D, that is)

rrrod @ 7/29/2014 14:39 commented on Big Bird

I dunno. For modular animation, it's still something impressing to me. Tried some time ago and although it's efficient time-wise, it leaves a lot to be desired. You'll hardly get as much quality as you would with traditional animation. Yet this looks totally in sync with the art style, imo.

rrrod @ 7/29/2014 13:00 commented on Big Bird

Damn, I am cry. His other animation looks superb as well.

rrrod @ 6/15/2014 10:19 commented on Linkette

It's actually a final version (albeit without animation), but I'll start posting my WIPs in the forum. Really needing a second opinion on many stuff. The community seems great!

Thanks!

rrrod @ 6/12/2014 14:22 commented on Tiles Island

Love the palette and the ammount of details you did within your established limit. Great work!