Owlfly @ 12/12/2017 14:24 commented on Abyssal Choir

thanks for the feedback! and I totally agree--flatness in drawings has been one of my major issues for a long time.

Owlfly @ 12/4/2017 11:39 commented on nightshift

thanks! this was definitely the pixel project I had the most fun working on.

Owlfly @ 12/1/2017 07:38 commented on BearBeeCue

thanks for the comments! Good call on the wings and spatula. As far as the thing between the legs (lol), that was supposed to be the bottom of the apron and below that, the tip of the bee's abdomen. See for example: https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8737/16193326974_017fd8e06f_b.jpg

But yeah, I struggled a lot deciding whether to include it, and it sounds like maybe I should just remove it for clarity's sake.

Owlfly @ 11/30/2017 11:15 commented on Self-portrait

what wrex said. with the zoom fucntion of the website, there's no reason not to upload the original file. looks great otherwise though!

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 15:52 commented on Pixel-doll-Animus-Moon

I've never made one, but I looked at some idle animation gifs from some sprite-based fighting games just now, and the more fluid-looking ones seem to all be between 10-25 frames, with the time per frame depending on how many there are. I think if you added as little as 2-4 more frames and reduced the time per frame slightly, that might do the trick.

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 13:40 commented on pepsis

Thanks! yeah purple and orange sometimes almost feel like cheating, though that is the wasp's actual colors in this case

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 09:10 commented on Mad Pixl Club

awesome pixel faces!

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 09:08 commented on Power Armor

love the way all the pieces move independantly

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 09:06 commented on immortal vanguard

you got so much detail and character into such small sprites. amazing work!

Owlfly @ 11/29/2017 09:03 commented on Kharon

good use of a minimal pallette, though it did take me a while to figure out that there was a hand in the foreground.

Owlfly @ 11/28/2017 15:02 commented on Orange Blue

great style. love the shapes!

Owlfly @ 11/28/2017 15:01 commented on Tardis Day

holy shit dude

Owlfly @ 11/28/2017 14:59 commented on Luca_avatar

Great textures and colors!

Owlfly @ 11/28/2017 14:19 commented on Borealopelta

awesome colors and composition!

Owlfly @ 11/28/2017 14:14 commented on Pixel-doll-Animus-Moon

love the design! I think if you slowed down the animation slightly, it would look smoother

Owlfly @ 5/12/2016 10:14 commented on mutant 2

My thought was it's sort of a mutated sea anemone, plus a bit of lamprey and humanoid. But you do make a fair point that it could be more accurately called a monster rather than a mutant. The prompt for the image was made using a random "mutant" generator, which is why I called it one.