ptoing @ 2/8/2017 01:31 commented on NES/Famicom Channel 5: Heroes & Villians Portraits

Looking forward what you come up with :)

ptoing @ 2/7/2017 01:51 commented on NES/Famicom Channel 5: Heroes & Villians Portraits

Very nicely done. One technical crit though: The antialias you have on the bug looking robot and the black haired woman under that does not work. The colours go Dark > Light > Dark. That will never look right.

ptoing @ 1/22/2017 06:35 commented on Shantae: Risky's Revenge town backgrounds

Thanks. Yeah this one is from the DS version, which was on the DSi store.

There is also a Director's Cut which is on PS4, Wii U and Windows.

ptoing @ 1/21/2017 19:32 commented on Shantae: Risky's Revenge town backgrounds

Thanks. These are not mockups though. They are actual game assets used in Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

ptoing @ 1/9/2017 11:28 commented on Astervoid 2000 ships

I like that approach, yeah. It can help to nicely separate volumes in greebly ships. It is not unique to DP/DDP though and they are not the first games that used it either.

ptoing @ 12/25/2016 17:39 commented on Virgin Birth

Nicely done. Really like it :) Thank you \o/

ptoing @ 12/7/2016 05:55 commented on Big Bird

Images need to be 64x64 at most to be valid avatars. So your Bork images for example is too tall.

If you are on the page of an image which is a valid avatar you have a button under the image that looks like a little duder, which sets that image as your avatar.

ptoing @ 12/1/2016 05:30 commented on ETD?

Really like the foliage and the skulls hidden on the left. Great stuff.

ptoing @ 11/30/2016 10:59 commented on More Go Pogo concrete design

I really like this, esp the more subtle and faint stuff. I think at this point your most persistent game influence is Flashback for sure, but you are doing your own take on it.

ptoing @ 11/30/2016 05:57 commented on Valley backdrop.

I think the cloudless sky works, esp given that you can see for miles, so a less humid atmosphere (no clouds etc ) actually makes sense. And as much as I love clouds, not every landscape needs them.

ptoing @ 11/27/2016 14:13 commented on Big Bird

I have been getting that a lot lately as well. Just loading forever and eventually timeout.

Helm had that problem as well when he was doing his art dump yesterday.

ptoing @ 11/27/2016 07:05 commented on GF Trooper Run

"SM-Style" is a bit of a euphemism here, no? Looks like a sprite edit of the Samus sprite from Super Metroid.

ptoing @ 11/26/2016 10:13 commented on Valley backdrop.

I wanna go there!

ptoing @ 11/19/2016 15:25 commented on Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator Mockup

Looks like a fun little game. Glad to have been an inspiration :)

And: Even if it was a screenshot from the game, it's still pixelart. You folks need to calm down a bit.

ptoing @ 11/19/2016 15:07 commented on Test Flight

But the leftmost 3 char columns get messed up and are either light grey, or you plop sprites on top of them if you need other colours. It's a really fun mode though, and this picture rocks.

ptoing @ 11/13/2016 15:47 commented on lsd lizzards

Really nice. The way you used the colours (quite big value steps) gives it more of an Atari ST feel.

ptoing @ 11/6/2016 10:47 commented on Them Apples

DB: Yes, of course I do. It is 2 MCOL pictures which alternate, and the whole screen is covered in x-expanded hires sprites in a dither pattern which is offset by one pixel on x. So each dither pixel will cover the halves of 2 mcol pixels. And then in the other bitmap the dither is reversed. This gives the hires look as well as the tinted colours.

ptoing @ 11/5/2016 20:21 commented on Them Apples

Thanks everyone :)

ptoing @ 11/5/2016 19:48 commented on Goblin Towers

This is super solid for hires. Awesome work.

ptoing @ 11/5/2016 13:33 commented on Big Bird

Yeah, X was super fun. I plan to go to Zoo 2017, which should be cool as well. Maybe you can make that.

ptoing @ 11/5/2016 12:33 commented on Big Bird

Looks like a pretty dumb idea to me. We know that what makes stuff easier to read is distinct letter shapes. Compare something like Suetterlin handwriting or Cyrillic handwriting to something like a good modern newspaper font. And this dotsies font is less distinct, esp when you kinda rely on context to other letters to distinguish shapes fast.

ptoing @ 11/4/2016 07:12 commented on No Shit

Love this. Def my fave from the compo. Esp love the octopus alien.

ptoing @ 11/1/2016 17:09 commented on Magica

Very nice, and super effective usage of the single grey in the CPC palette. Lovely work. :)

I really need to do some more CPC stuff sometime.

ptoing @ 10/31/2016 12:01 commented on NYEH HEH HEH (Papyrus, shaded and animated)

Nicely done. It somehow has a very Amiga feel. Probably something to do with how shiny you made it look :D

ptoing @ 10/24/2016 11:01 commented on Four 4 color c64

csdb.dk is the C64 scene database, where productions for the c64 that are more or less demoscene related are archived. I would make a profile for you, just with your name Reo, and then add these pics and associate them with you.

I just like to spread the C64 love and show the scene people what others outside their scene might be doing on the C64, and I think it deserves to be on there.

The red dot on the sacrifice one is not intended I take it? It looks pretty odd floating there on a real machine, what with the border. If you want me I could remove that single pixel before uploading it. Let me know what you think :)