ptoing @ 7/21/2018 05:27 commented on ...

This is really great. Love how crisp and detailed your stuff is.

ptoing @ 7/15/2018 07:55 commented on Super One More Jump Skin

@Ubisavis: I honestly can't remember. A bunch of work days for the animations and around a week of or so the background tiles, give or take. Something like that.

ptoing @ 7/14/2018 00:43 commented on Super One More Jump Skin

Haha, I just noticed that I missed to add 2 of the bg tiles at the bottom. Fixed :D

ptoing @ 7/13/2018 16:55 commented on Super One More Jump Skin

Thanks everyone :)

@DawnBringer: Thanks. It's 8 64x64 tiles that tile any which way you combine them. I think the majority of the time went into making the background tiles :D

ptoing @ 7/2/2018 11:21 commented on Plot Twist

Yeah, it's a nice program for starting out with restricted stuff, I think.

ptoing @ 7/2/2018 09:02 commented on Plot Twist

Awesome, looking forward to it :)

Or you can use Multipaint, I think that has a way to make sure you can not even make errors.

ptoing @ 7/2/2018 08:26 commented on Plot Twist

What I often do these days when making an MCOL piece is starting with 4 colours, usually black and the 3 greys, to block out the initial design. That way you can not make any mistakes in terms of colourcount per block.

And then it is relatively easy (given the right tools) to fill in colours later and add more colours where possible and needed. There are plugins by Dawnbringer for Grafx2 that let you check for errors. Or you could use Pixel Polizei.

In order for the checking to work properly (or rather the program detecing your colours properly) in PP, the picture has to be in the old Peptop palette https://imgur.com/LzUV1M6

Hope this helps.

ptoing @ 7/2/2018 07:53 commented on Plot Twist

Loving the theme and also that you are giving C64 widepixels a shot.

That said, this is nowhere close to MCOL restrictions. In pure MCOL you can not have more than 3 colours on top of a global background colour (can be thought of as paper colour), per 4x8 pixel block.

Also the resolution should really be 160x200 widepixels, since that will also determine how the image sits on the grid.

You got a lot of places where you got too many colours and the picture would not work in FLI without some editing, and FLI is a lot more forgiving than MCOL, but still not unrestricted (there are no real unrestricted modes on the C64, not even severe hack modes)

If you want more input/help, please let me know. New C64 blood is always exciting :)

ptoing @ 6/3/2018 08:34 commented on Dodonpachi Study

Looking forward to it :)

ptoing @ 6/3/2018 01:11 commented on Dodonpachi Study

Thanks :)

As far as style emulation goes, I think the DDP style is very easy to copy. If you analyse the enemies a bit, you can see that which shade is used for which surfaces is fairly consistent. Once you got that down the rest is just greeble. :D

ptoing @ 5/30/2018 05:49 commented on Dodonpachi Study

Thanks everyone :)

ptoing @ 5/8/2018 17:47 commented on robot obibok

Yeah, totally get where you are coming from. Different screens are a pain. I think to me the main issue here is that the dark red and dark blue are very close in terms of value, and the red is somewhat brighter perceptually. Which is why it does not work as AA for me, like you used it.

ptoing @ 5/8/2018 06:21 commented on robot obibok

The latest version is a lot better in this regard, but the darkest red still does not quite work as AA from darkest blue to black, imo. It is a bit too saturated and as such kinda separates itself, if that makes sense. This kinda stuff might be down to different monitors though. But in general red pops out a lot more than blue.

ptoing @ 5/7/2018 11:22 commented on robot obibok

I like it. Cool design. That said, some of the colours bite each other pretty bad. Like the red you are using on the bottom right for dither and AA does not work imo. And the mid blue and super sat red also are quite clashy (see those single blue pixels on the eyebrow on the left.

ptoing @ 5/3/2018 20:29 commented on 16 col. portrait (commission) timelapse

Nice little timelapse. I would recommend to upload it to a place like imgur and link to it in the description of the final piece.

ptoing @ 3/23/2018 02:20 commented on Dark Souls GBC demake

I have not faved this before?! What is wrong with me!? This is ace.

ptoing @ 3/23/2018 02:16 commented on GILES COREY

I really like this one. Has a great unsettling quality to it.

ptoing @ 3/14/2018 04:22 commented on Magentadrium

Look at those little hairy sausages! Fun times. Really fun colour choices as well.

You should tag this "8cc" and "8 color club" :)

ptoing @ 2/23/2018 02:39 commented on Big Bird

You do not have enough points it seems.

ptoing @ 2/18/2018 04:48 commented on Deadly Vision

Trippy stuff, me likes.

Not sure about the size of the top area though.
And the AA on the yellow beam might as well not be there, needs more to actually reduce the stepping.

ptoing @ 2/13/2018 23:49 commented on Big Bird

My eyes!  Why?! This is so ugly and devoid of any sense of style or aesthetics.

ptoing @ 1/22/2018 04:15 commented on Cold Hirst

here you go :)

ptoing @ 1/21/2018 15:47 commented on Cold Hirst

There is still 1 error left on the fin on the right close to that 2 dark grey pixel diagonal line.

ptoing @ 1/21/2018 07:47 commented on Cold Hirst

Yeah, I know about the pepto stuff, also his latest thing is colodore.com. He mentions that on there as well.

My palette really is just an adjusted version of the old pepto palette to make it a tad brighter.

There are still some errors, not that many. If you want I can make a C64 executable from this (using MCOL + sprite overlay) And also if you want I could add it to csdk.dk

ptoing @ 1/21/2018 07:39 commented on William Blake's Ghost of a Flea turned into a Shin Megami Tensei boss sprite

Very nice. Glad to see some new personal stuff from you. And the process video is a great watch as well :)