Manupix @ 1/6/2020 07:16 commented on No Returns No Refunds All Sales Final

This is so good in lots of ways.

Welcome back! Nice to see the Grok updates too =)

Manupix @ 9/26/2019 14:49 commented on VR95

Click the 'edit' icon (pencil). I'm not sure you can actually remove the preview, but you can change it to be the same as the main view which will do.

Also note that you should still be able to use a rejected piece as av, saying this for your previous rejected pieces.

Manupix @ 9/26/2019 08:16 commented on VR95

If you want the main image to be your av, you've got to get rid of the preview.

Manupix @ 9/10/2019 12:26 commented on Big Bird

I guess you reach out via PM to the mods in charge of challenges (Gecimen and Mandrill)and go from there.

Never post challenge ideas publicly!

Manupix @ 8/28/2019 12:33 commented on Mind the Gap

Thank you for your kind words and all the favs!

Manupix @ 6/4/2019 11:07 commented on Big Bird

Light indeed warps, it's called diffraction, but I very much doubt you can see it with unaided eye in this setting.

More likely, the uneven light source projects a camera obscura-like uneven pattern, plus reflection from the non-black object, much more efficient at grazing angles, probably explains the 2 apprently brighter rays.

Manupix @ 4/20/2019 03:43 commented on Big Bird

Not enough views for this.

Manupix @ 4/9/2019 02:47 commented on Big Bird

@mods: does the reporting feature still work? I've reported a couple pieces in the last few weeks, with no apparent effect, including this blatant spam+ripoff.

Edit: good job!

Manupix @ 3/23/2019 02:28 commented on Still Waters

Nice! Welcome back! Why the new account? ;)

Manupix @ 3/14/2019 05:55 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

You're welcome =)

You should allow both now in case someone started working on a vertical piece with tall pixels!

Manupix @ 3/13/2019 07:17 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

So, "Exactly 320 x 200 (vertical)" is wrong? Should be horizontal?

Manupix @ 3/12/2019 14:09 commented on vaguely worried face

It works because value is more important than color for AA. It's also usually nicer than plain AA, except when saturation is too high. You might want to check panda's work if you haven't already =)

Manupix @ 3/8/2019 04:41 commented on "Spell Masters" story location

I wasn't aware of this issue, usually the problem is opposite (appears too slow).

I did check in ACDSee and it is a little slower (~13" instead of 10"). I have no idea why this happens.

You could easily time the frames at 0.06 or 0.07" instead of 0.05, I think (at least I could easily do it in ImageReady).

Awesome piece anyway!

Manupix @ 2/26/2019 16:44 commented on Big Bird

Thanks Theoden! =)

Manupix @ 2/26/2019 10:56 commented on Big Bird

Thank you Irena! I miss jal, I suck at being PJ's old man ;_;

Manupix @ 2/22/2019 04:41 commented on Big Bird

I remember seeing some good 2-image (parallel or cross-eye viewing) stuff, including these, and others I can't find. I see you've been into this for quite a while!

Your own anaglyph piece doesn't work well with the red/cyan glasses because the base colors aren't saturated enough, I think. They should be pure red and cyan, except where they overlap of course. Don't know how to manually blend / overlap both views.

Alternating gif might be the best option though.

Manupix @ 2/21/2019 12:49 commented on Big Bird

Bored of square pixels already? Try this.

Manupix @ 2/8/2019 12:40 commented on The Black Castle

Gormenghast.

Manupix @ 2/7/2019 13:33 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday @showtime!

Manupix @ 1/24/2019 07:49 commented on Trojan Horse

Love this, great atmosphere and sense of scale.

I'd recommend a serious reduction of dithering though, esp in the horse, it looks rather noisy and its volume is hard to read. The clouds might also be made simpler, they're a bit of a visual distraction.

Manupix @ 1/20/2019 08:15 commented on Sussie

That's actually 55 colors, mostly because of the semi transparency (which is frowned upon around here) but also the grinning frames have 11. You can analyse frame by frame palettes on the checker.

Manupix @ 11/3/2018 10:59 commented on BattleBase

The preview is probably costing you a lot of views ;)

Manupix @ 10/1/2018 05:04 commented on Crafty Avatar

Welcome back!

Manupix @ 9/28/2018 04:42 commented on Big Bird

Speaking of whom, thanks to him (I guess) for the long-awaited horizontal scrollbar

Manupix @ 7/2/2018 14:00 commented on NPCS!!! (2005, Douketsu Monogatari style study)

=(