Blueberry_pie @ 5/23/2015 00:49 commented on Big Bird

Just found out that Fool is on Twitter. There's some cool stuff there I haven't seen before.

Blueberry_pie @ 5/17/2015 22:12 commented on Big Bird

FYI Meapers, there's a hack that lets you run Super Mario Sunshine at 60 or 120 fps (if your CPU can handle it). I haven't tried it myself but apparently it works fairly well.

Blueberry_pie @ 1/7/2015 08:38 commented on Big Bird

Thanks jal, but you're PJs only true senior mod

Blueberry_pie @ 8/19/2014 11:00 commented on Big Bird

No need jal, I saw it. Awesome stuff :) I've kinda moved on to different projects, so it's great to see someone picking up where I left off.

Blueberry_pie @ 6/27/2014 00:55 commented on Big Bird

The original version was free. The text is in Japanese but there's a good fanmade translation. Only the enhanced ports/remakes cost money.

Blueberry_pie @ 6/15/2014 00:28 commented on Big Bird

Jinn, I found this tool on the same site. Seems quite time consuming, though.

If you're using an emulator that supports shader effects, it might be possible to use a lookup table to alter the rendered image. Then you can easily apply some global colour grading like you did in the gif there.

Blueberry_pie @ 5/6/2014 10:38 commented on Marooned

It doesn't use XNA; just plain Win32/GDI stuff. It was part of the assignment. But I did design the engine to be portable, so it should be easy enough to bring it over to another framework (in theory). Should make for a nice afternoon project some time.

Blueberry_pie @ 5/1/2014 23:33 commented on Marooned

I have not :o

Blueberry_pie @ 5/1/2014 12:10 commented on Marooned

Great gif CELS, haha.

Blueberry_pie @ 3/26/2014 00:28 commented on Pirana Plant

Thanks everyone :)

Muxaun: I wanted to add that, since the original tool by Hatch had the same feature. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out how to do it, and we haven't been able to get our hands on Hatch's code. For now, I'd suggest bookmarking the JavaScript link shown on the page and clicking it when you want to inspect an image.

Eggy and others: I'm hoping to add some GIF animation features eventually, including frame count and playback control. I'm still investigating, but I think it should be possible.

Blueberry_pie @ 3/22/2014 13:32 commented on Big Bird

skeddles: it's not really meant to be understood.

Blueberry_pie @ 3/21/2014 01:00 commented on Big Bird

DatMuffinMan: Now try the 3D mode in Firefox and get your mind blown. (Don't know if other browsers have it by default)

Blueberry_pie @ 3/17/2014 08:48 commented on Big Bird

Dammnn that's stylish. I love it.

Blueberry_pie @ 3/12/2014 06:58 commented on Big Bird

Neat, that one is much fancier than the version I played. Looks like the rules are slightly different too. Highest I got with that one 1024.

Blueberry_pie @ 1/7/2014 08:51 commented on Big Bird

Blueberry_pie @ 12/31/2013 09:05 commented on Big Bird

I've already asked him to run a malware scan and to check for any unwanted browser extensions. No luck so far, I guess :/

Blueberry_pie @ 12/13/2013 08:48 commented on Big Bird

Birthdays get sorted by the user's level / number of points.

Blueberry_pie @ 12/11/2013 23:15 commented on Scyther

You should change the detail image to a front-facing view so it looks like it's in battle with the preview image :)

Nicely pixeled.

Blueberry_pie @ 12/11/2013 23:02 commented on playboy apartment room

Related video:

Blueberry_pie @ 11/11/2013 08:29 commented on Random Chica

You saw no such thing. PJ staff make no mistakes.

Blueberry_pie @ 9/25/2013 10:47 commented on Big Bird

Ooh, I remember that thread. Lovely stuff, thanks for linking :)

Blueberry_pie @ 8/27/2013 00:44 commented on Big Bird

green: Unity is (probably) the most widely used 3D (and some 2D) game development tool among indies and other small developers. There's a good number of games on Steam made with it.

The web player plugin allows you to play Unity games that are built to run within your browser. You can trust it.

Blueberry_pie @ 8/8/2013 10:38 commented on Big Bird

This isometric piece by Fool also comes to mind.

Blueberry_pie @ 7/4/2013 02:14 commented on Big Bird

Mathias, I made a quick edit by removing a number of frames:

The main problem I saw was that the character's vertical velocity appears to ramp up slowly. A jump should create a sudden vertical motion that is gradually slowed down by gravity.

So, less like this: And more like this:

edit: I guess you were asking more about the workflow than the animation itself. Hope it helps anyway.

Blueberry_pie @ 6/18/2013 23:21 commented on Mockup

I like it. Have you considered lowering the saturation and/or brightness on the background purples a bit? It would make the creatures stand out more.