WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: [Feedback] Character Designs for Indie Game Post Reply Post New Topic
Tuna Unleashed
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tuna Unleashed Replybullet Topic: [Feedback] Character Designs for Indie Game
    Posted: 15 December 2021 at 9:12am
Hey, I'm here with a brand new indie studio developing an original IP 2D Pixelart fighter. We're looking to just put out a survey on some of our character designs and get some comments as well.

So, separate from your thoughts about the art style, quality or roughness of the drawing, tell me below which character design do you personally prefer, and leave just a few comments about why you think that is or just any stray thoughts you might have on the designs.

Thanks!
Mr. G
IP IP Logged
Toffi
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Toffi Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2022 at 10:12am
Personally I like the low res version of the character. It feels a lot more authentic to the arcade games of old. (ala street fighter, darkstalkers, and king of fighters) A great plus of working at low resolutions is having a bit more wiggle room to improve animations on the fly, add new characters and fix mistakes without too much hassle.
IP IP Logged
2blackbar
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote 2blackbar Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2022 at 2:51pm
I dont know but if you want feedback, these are too damn casual to be main chars, maybe as background npcs, maybe... but these designs look like people you see outside the window on regular day, nothing that would make people want to play as them IMO.
Id scrap both and make them more interesting with some elements on them that is quite specific and tells something about them cause this is just so generic it hurts.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version