5000 Pixel Joint Members

icon

Having 5000 members register at Pixel Joint seems like an important milestone even thought the vast majority of members don't do anything once they sign up. It's nice to see that so many people are interested in a dedicated pixel art gallery. Hopefully with the help of other pixel communities like Pixelopolis/Pixelation and deviantArt (specifically halfliquid) we can keep interest in pixel art going strong for years to come.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 4/17/2006 09:20  |    17

Discussion

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/19/2006 10:50

Thx d-p and jalonso...

Pixelation/Pixelopolis takes pixel art (and everything else) very seriously which makes it a valuable resource for any pixel artist looking to improve.  Just don't get caught up in the rigid "pixel art should be done this way" mentality.

If GFXArtist made an effort to create more community tools and created a dedicated pixel art section there would be no need for PJ.  Beautiful design and terrific artists.

d-p (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/18/2006 23:01
Congrats sedge, well done.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/18/2006 11:35
Pixelation - a bit snobbish
GFXArtist - no iso
DA - mess
PJ - PERFECT

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/18/2006 07:43

I'm happy you guys are all enjoying what PJ has to offer. Working on PJ is actually a lot of fun for me (most days).  I like having a place where we pixel artists can just chill out.

Dennis Busch's comment about the Amiga days is so true for me personally.  I would doodle all the time on the Amiga way back when and I always wanted to share my interest with other people.  Places like Pixelation, GFXArtist, eatpoo and DA really showed me how willing artists are to help each other out.  PJ is just another place to keep the ball rolling.

0xDB (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/18/2006 05:47
I wish this place had existed already back in the nineties when I was lonely pixelling my crappy stuff on my Amiga500. I could be way better by now with all the great and useful feedback one can get here. Even though I'm not actively around that much in discussions, this site and its "inhabitants";) are truly some of the nicest and most helpful folks to meet in the internet.
And yes, I check the page for new pixel art several times a day as well. :)

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 4/18/2006 04:01
so typical that just about everyone visits multiple times a day =P    i feared i was the only PJ-hooligan here

Khris (Level 1 Thug) @ 4/17/2006 22:03
I love pixel art and I visit PJ at least three times a day, but I haven't gotten around to posting anything yet because there's nothing I've been satisfied with to post. Soon enough, though!

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/17/2006 13:56
Coffee+PJ=time well wasted (as long as you use 15 characters)

eghost (Level 6 Hitman) @ 4/17/2006 13:37

Rock on PJ!

Seriously, I love hoppin on here and checkin out all the new pixels...

And a big thanks to sedge and crew for keepin' this place runnin'...

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 4/17/2006 12:08
i dont think i was in the early batch, i barely new about pixelart before coming here in july 05. i used to spend my days in ms paint making crappy rooms. thanks sedge for opening up this wonderful place where ive learnt so much. "years to come" no way, decades i say, decades!!

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 4/17/2006 12:06
Sweet!
Can't help but think, the pixel artist seems to be a rare breed, but then I joined here... and look!

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 4/17/2006 11:57
I visit this site like 35 times a day (I'm not kidding ), because it's such a helpful and fascinating place.  I'd also like to thank Sedge and all the people who were here originally.  Yay for 5000 members!

alkaline (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 4/17/2006 11:27
Awesome. I'm glad the community is still going strong. This place has helped me out a lot.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 4/17/2006 10:59
Brian pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.
I'd like to give a big thanks to the people who helped set up this community. My pixel art has greatly improved, and I've made some good friends here.

Congrats on the 5000 PJ!

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/17/2006 09:48

Ah yes, Brian the Emperor of all Penguins.  It seems like such a long time ago that the first round of peeps showed up, but it's only been about a year and a half.  Crazy.

It's so nice having loyal guys like you around. This place certainly wouldn't work without you nuts.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 4/17/2006 09:36
Hell yeah! Being one from the early batch, I never regretted signing up. PJ's been a site which i visit multiple times a day ever since.

This Week's Pixel Art

Goku and Naruto icon/pixelartPhi icon/pixelartDark Souls Demaked icon/pixelartQuakeBoy icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app