Sony E3 Press Conference

icon
This delightful insight into Sony's discussion on the PS3 gives some thought if the $599 you need to afford one could be better spent on something else.

Posted by OMGFossil @ 6/7/2006 02:34  |    14

Discussion

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/8/2006 00:16
The Wii might be the first console I get brand new since the Nintendo Entertainment Center (thanks mom!) way back in 1984. It's reasonably priced and games like DDR and Guitar Hero have really whet my appetite for unique controllers.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/7/2006 19:33
If I could afford it, I would probably buy one...  I just finally got a XBOX last year.  :(

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 6/7/2006 19:03
I'm sure I'll end up owning all of the next-gen consoles at some point. It always tends to work out that way. Still, I'll wait 'til the PS3 drops to about $200.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/7/2006 17:51
Spider-Man was a Sony movie so I guess they figured why waste a good font?

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 6/7/2006 16:13
HAHAHAHA.

Has anyone else noticed the playstation 3 logo text looks very similar to the spiderman movie logo text. They couldnt even be arsed to buy a designer to get them a proper logo.

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 6/7/2006 15:56
lol, i preferred 'Real time weapon change'

halfliquid (Level 1 Private) @ 6/7/2006 15:45
".. so here's this giant enemy crab."

Hah!

bunbun (Level 1 Quiet One) @ 6/7/2006 15:33
Wii loos cool, I'm just going to be afraid to play it in public (my living room). I'll lock myself in my room so I don't look like a retard swinging a dildo around. :x

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 6/7/2006 14:08
Dmn i would love all gadgets chucked into one piece of plastic or carbon fibre :P. 360 is gonna wipe the floor with PS3, and for the price of the PS3 you might aswell buy a wii aswell. Although Wii is all new and inventive i can see it going the same way as gamecube.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/7/2006 12:19

The console wars are interesting, but I think portable gaming is going to end up being the real dealbreaker as these tiny devices become more and more powerful.  Sony and Microsoft better get serious about portable gaming soon because Nintendo has really scored big with the DS -- 16 million units sold and astounding sales figures for games like Nintendogs, Brain Age, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing.  If Nintendo is able to bring easy web browsing, PDA, TV and tight Wii integration to the DS Sony and Microsoft are boned.  Hopefully MIcrosoft's Origami will offer up a decent alternative for gaming.

Let's face it... PDAs suck ass right now (limited software, few decent games, small screens, no storage space).  The technology is here right now for a company to make a PDA to replace your MP3 player, digital camera, portable gaming device and even your cellphone (with an earpiece).  I gurantee there's a bunch of people that would shell out $599 for something like that.

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 6/7/2006 10:27
Look at this

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 6/7/2006 08:23
The strategy sony has is: Behind the complex graphically apealling design, it's useless unless companies like square and capcom make sony their bitch :P

E-Magination (Level 3 Sniper) @ 6/7/2006 08:05

RIIIIDGE RACER!

Awesome dude, awesome. But look at the PS3 controllers. Storyline:

PS1: Pretty nice controllers , altough after a time they hurt your thumb.

PS2: Same controller in black. We didnt like it, but we could live with it.

PS3: SAme controller with extra button. Doesnt matter, nobody buys a PS3 anyway.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/7/2006 07:26

This video is obviously cut to bash the PS3, but the bottom line is that the PS3 looks like a faster PS2 and it costs $599.  I don't know anyone willing to lay out that kind of bread.

I doubt I'll ever get an Xbox 360 (unless the price gets cut in half), but at least Microsoft has a very successful and polished online service.  I would be shocked if Nintendo didn't make huge gains with its reasonably priced and innovative Wii system.

This Week's Pixel Art

Final Fantasy VII Demake icon/pixelartMystical Observatory icon/pixelartI love skulls icon/pixelartDruid's home icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app