Best/Worst Superhero Movies

icon
MSN has an article on the best/worst superhero flicks.  It's an interesting list because they are not focusing on just "comic book" source material.

10) The Rocketeer
9) Spy Kids
8) Hellboy
7) Inframan
6) Darkman
5) Superman II
4) The Incredibles
3) Spider-Man
2) Batman Returns
1) X-Men

So what are your favorite Superhero movies? I know Darkman ain't on my list.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 7/1/2006 11:49  |    27

Discussion

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/4/2006 14:29
your right there is nothing wrong with personal opinion, i guess im just stunned by the fact that some people could actually like that movie. but than again i admit to liking Fantastic Four not alot, but i enjoyed it.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/4/2006 13:12
Credit Tim Burton with making comic book movies legit -- he scored Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Bassinger, Danny Devito, Michelle Pfeifer and Christopher Walken.  Not to mention the terrific Danny Elfman score and establishing the dark settings, costume. I enjoyed the new Christopher Nolan flick more too, but you can't overlook Burton's influence.

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 7/4/2006 05:22
There's nothing wrong with personal opinion, Chris.

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/3/2006 23:48

all the old Batman movies are dead to me, Batman Begins rules hardcore Tim Burton is overrated, Christopher Nolan for the win.

Why is everyone hating on the Hulk, i fuggin loved it.

Byran Singer is the shit he probably does the best job when it comes to Superhero movies.

and if you liked the Daredevil movie theres something seriously wrong with you, i mean it was just so bad in so many ways.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/3/2006 10:26

Daredevil could've been decent, but that isn't possible with the meandering direction and blah casting of Ben Affleck. I have nothing against him in flicks like Good Will Hunting, just keep him away from action movies.

Aleiav (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 7/3/2006 09:32
I saw maybe 5 minutes of Catwoman.... a big NO for that movie on my part. Cheesy as hell.

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 7/3/2006 06:36
3-Hell-boy
2-Daredevil
1-The Icredibles (It was so fucking funny!)

Aleiav (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 7/2/2006 15:16
I thought Daredevil was actually really good and interesting. I'm suprised it's not on there. Of course, I'm sort of easily impressed when it comes to movies, especially since I don't know the comic backgrounds of some of them.

I'm glad the Incredibles are on there. That movie was definately a Pixar classic (all of there movies are classics, generally :P).

I thought Spy Kids was a stupid idea for a flick... like Air Bud. *eye roll*

X-Men was pretty cool, but Batman is my all time favorite superhero. :P Aside from Catwoman but.... I don't like Halle Berry as Catwoman.

Coincidentally I saw the Christopher Reeves Superman movie last night. :) Very good, I thought. But I thought Superman was cuter as Clark Kent... but I like dorks so *shrug*

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/2/2006 11:37
There would be plenty of room on the list for Unbreakable if The Rocketeer, Spy Kids, Darkman and Superman II weren't there. Yuck. I actually disagree with just about everything the MSN author asserts, but the list idea is a good one.

ben2theedge (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 7/2/2006 11:32
Why the heck isn't Unbreakable on that list!? This is an unforgivable offense.

RcS89 (Level 1 Gangster) @ 7/2/2006 03:04
Daredevil is terrible, and I was never really fond of any of the Supermans (Supermen?)... Batman Returns? Naw, Batman begins was far better, but I must agree on the Spiderman and Xmen Positions... They were brilliant.

Psychotic_Carp (Level 1 Depressed) @ 7/1/2006 23:07
I cant belive you guys dont like daredevil :( I think your suffering from Gili pains.

Demon (Level 3 Stalker) @ 7/1/2006 21:58
Worst movie for me... Superman Returns. F**k off Bryan Singer.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/1/2006 16:17
Thx for the heads up on the Watchmen project.  That'll be a tough one to pull off on the silver screen.

kaltsu (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 7/1/2006 14:35
Batman don't have superpowers so in my books you could count also V for vendetta and Constantine in. Or do you have to wear spandex huh?

Constantine was pretty entertaining if you can forgive Keanu Reeves and few other things. Peter Stormare was the best Satan ever.

This might be worth of waiting: Watchmen

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/1/2006 14:19
I try to avoid seeing crappy superhero films so I haven't actually seen a lot of the infamous stinkers (Fantastic 4, Elektra, Catwoman, Batman and Robin).

1. Catwoman - OK, I saw a few minutes of this.  Possibly the worst few minutes I've ever seen.  Serious competition for "Plan 9 from Outer Space".
  2. The "Dolph" Punisher - Did this have anything to do with the comic book at all?
  3. Superman 4 - The same crap special effects start to get annoying by the fourth installment.
  4. Batman Forever - Batman is always way cooler (and less ambiguously gay) without that worthless anchor Robin.
  5. Daredevil - Crap from start to finish.

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 7/1/2006 14:13
Ah yes, unbreakable was awesome. I loved the way it was perhaps more believable. I also liked the spiderman and xmen movies... not so keen or havent seen many of the others.

kaltsu (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 7/1/2006 14:09
This Inframan seems interesting!

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 7/1/2006 13:55
ah, unbreakable...  i remember that movie.  that is another one i need to watch again

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/1/2006 13:17
My top 10 (the order might shift on a whim, but the movies on here are solid)
  1. Spider-Man - Might not be the best flick, but it was the most highly anticipated movie of my life and it didn't disappoint.
  2. X-Men 2 - Terrific actors, great action sequences, honest to goodness emotional resonance, Wolverine shredding some government troops, what's not to love?
  3. Unbreakable - A whole movie for a hero's origins.
  4. Batman Begins - Who woulda thunk it?
  5. The Incredibles
  6. Spider-Man 2 - Superior to the original in many ways.
  7. X-Men
  8. Batman - It seems kind of campy today, but Tim Burton always delivers the goods.
  9. Hellboy
  10. The Hulk - I didn't get the ending, but overall it was an enjoyable flick.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/1/2006 12:38
Thank goodness then I didn't see FF. I hear The Hulk was also disappointing..but the LoEG was a mighty cool film.

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 7/1/2006 12:20
ooo Fantastic Four has was almost as bad as superman, i cant believe i own it *_*

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 7/1/2006 12:19
1. Xmen 1&2 2. Spiderman 3. Batman Begins 4. LoEG - havent seen that for a while, thanks Pb for reminding me of it, i need to rent that out :D V for Vendetta - im not sure if he counts as a superhero, but he is "comic book" material, but that was definitely one of my favourite films ever.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 7/1/2006 12:17
League of  Extraordinary Gentlemen was a kick ass movie, infact i am gonna watch it now...  Punisher was an ok movie, too.

Daredevil and the second 2 blade movies make me taste vomit whenever i hear their names mentioned

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 7/1/2006 12:10
Best 5:
  1. Batman Begins
  2. Hellboy
  3. League of  Exctraordinary Gentlemen
  4. Spider-Man 2
  5. Spider-Man
Worst 5:
  1. X-Men 3
  2. Fantastic Four
  3. Batman & Robin
  4. Batman Forever
  5. Blade: Trinity

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 7/1/2006 12:10
oh crap... forgot about Daredevil... that was the worst... equally bad to FF

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/1/2006 12:07
WTF!?! Spy Kids was a crappy film. Daredevil was more watchable then that.

This Week's Pixel Art

Self-portrait in the sun icon/pixelartElegant Stab icon/pixelartrpg fight things icon/pixelartDid you join the volunteers? [full poster] icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app