New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie!

icon
The teaser trailer is up and the animation is absolutely stunning.

Hell yeah!

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 7/21/2006 20:24  |    5

Discussion

zAk (Level 3 Stalker) @ 7/22/2006 23:19
I think unlike Hawk the Slayer that the movie shouldnt look with realistic bad guys etc. Ninja Turtles - they couldnt make a movie like Batman Begins about Ninja Turtles - that would be a mess. I think they should have an approach to it like the Tick had, less super serious ass kicking, more silly situations - i hope it will be absurd but it probably wont be... zAk

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 7/22/2006 17:30

Love Those Guys.

I even got myself a date to go see the movie allready =P

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/22/2006 07:49
This is definitely the first time I've thought... this is the Ninja Turtles I know from the comic books.  I hope they don't go for a weak "kids" movie.  TMNT fans are all grown up now -- give us some asskicking dark tales.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/22/2006 00:35
Ah yes, Saw this just the other day, and it looks amazing. Nice to know they're keeping a bit of the ol' humour in aswell.

HawkTheSlayer (Level 4 Button Man) @ 7/21/2006 22:36

Let me be the first to comment, I have been an avid fan of  Eastman and Laird's  testudine, crimefighting, weapon weilding, martial art, buttkicking  quartet for a what seems like an age now and was most upset with their decision to sell out with a cartoon series in the late eighties geared primarily on marchandising and the poorly acted movies prior to this were dissapointing, though mildly entertaining in parts, but lacked the grittiness and overall styleof the old comics!

Was CGI the way to go, well after seeing the teaser trailor My answer in a resoundingly confident 'You bet your, sweaty ass it was!!'

The characters come across a lot more dark and sinister in design to the sell out styles of the past attempts, as well as this the comedy element, although only brief, with Mikey faling in the garbage skip and the look on Leo's face is priceless.

I don't know from what angle they are making this movie from, but maybe avoiding the Foot, Krang and Shredder in the first outing might be a good idea, don't overwelm those newly aquainted with the story by bombarding them with bucketloads of unfamiliar characters, ease em' in gently with more believable bad guys and save the others for a sequel, well that's what I'd do anyhows!!

If the story can provide a marginly thought provoking plot, stunning fight scenes and a few side aching laughs, then the jobs a good'un!!!

I can't wait to see master Splinter.

This Week's Pixel Art

Fishbowl Knight icon/pixelartAconita icon/pixelartJesse the Sking icon/pixelartLaser icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app